IGNORED

Thinking Of Joining The St But..

jellyred

QUOTE(jellyred @ Oct 27 2006, 4:45 PM)

Thanks for the english lesson.

I hope you didn't interpret that as anything other than irony.

Totally taken as ironic.

To end the thread for me, its been a healthy debate on the ST and some of the board members have gone up in my estimations.

Whilst still not 100% on the whole thing, at least they show some passion for what they are trying to acheive.

Whilst still not 100% on the whole thing, at least they show some passion for what they are trying to acheive.

I know that you are looking to end the thread for yourself, but would you be prepared to highlight your further reservations as you mention that you are still not 100% certain about the ST & it's aims/motives? I ask out of interest & in hope that it may help us (ST) address any genuine concerns.

Thanks

Jay

Its more that I'm waiting to read the newsletters that I've signed up for (because of this thread) and that kind of thing before joining the ST. Rather than being uncertain about its aims/motives anymore.

Ok - thanks.

There is an on-line version of the ST newsletter here. However, if you (or anyone else) would like a copy posted to you, please drop me a PM with your details & I'll make sure it gets sent.

Jay

Ok - thanks.

There is an on-line version of the ST newsletter here. However, if you (or anyone else) would like a copy posted to you, please drop me a PM with your details & I'll make sure it gets sent.

Jay

Thanks for the link to the newsletter. I found it very informative.

Might be an idea to put it up on the forum somewhere. (The entire document not just a link)

Thanks for the link to the newsletter. I found it very informative.

Glad to hear it & thanks for the comments

Might be an idea to put it up on the forum somewhere. (The entire document not just a link)

Bristol City Supporters Trust has it's own website & forum. Whilst it may well be possible to place the newsletter on this forum, we'd love for people to visit our sites as there is a lot of information on them regarding our aims, objective, events, meetings, etc. Whilst we may be the custodians for otib, we are also conscious of not bogging down this forum with all things BCST!

It's possibly a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation as if we place the newsletter on otib it's likely that the ST objectors will complain yet, if we don't add it we miss out on the opportunity to get our points across to a section of fans. There is an arguement that we should just do this as we are the ones currently dealing with the raising the funds for this forum (more funds are needed by the way!) however, we try hard to help keep this forum open to all. Whilst many BCST members & board members are happy to address any criticisms or questions that fans may have, we don't really use this forum as a platform for preaching. How often do you see a thread created by a member/board member that starts evangelising about BCST? People like Mark (Greenun) occasionally create threads providing a link to our website as it contains a BCFC related article that we feel may be of interest but beyond that, we are more 'reactive' than 'proactive' on this forum. Again, this is an approach that some may feel is worthy of criticism (especially from those that support us / are members) as this forum arguably has a captive audience.

At the moment we are trying to manage an equilibrium in hope that this forum remains active, lively & full of good debate. However, we're always open to new ideas & suggestions....

• Admin

Bristol City Supporters Trust has it's own website & forum. Whilst it may well be possible to place the newsletter on this forum, we'd love for people to visit our sites as there is a lot of information on them regarding our aims, objective, events, meetings, etc. Whilst we may be the custodians for otib, we are also conscious of not bogging down this forum with all things BCST!

It's possibly a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation as if we place the newsletter on otib it's likely that the ST objectors will complain yet, if we don't add it we miss out on the opportunity to get our points across to a section of fans. There is an arguement that we should just do this as we are the ones currently dealing with the raising the funds for this forum (more funds are needed by the way!) however, we try hard to help keep this forum open to all. Whilst many BCST members & board members are happy to address any criticisms or questions that fans may have, we don't really use this forum as a platform for preaching. How often do you see a thread created by a member/board member that starts evangelising about BCST? People like Mark (Greenun) occasionally create threads providing a link to our website as it contains a BCFC related article that we feel may be of interest but beyond that, we are more 'reactive' than 'proactive' on this forum. Again, this is an approach that some may feel is worthy of criticism (especially from those that support us / are members) as this forum arguably has a captive audience.

At the moment we are trying to manage an equilibrium in hope that this forum remains active, lively & full of good debate. However, we're always open to new ideas & suggestions....

Quite a few posters on this forum use their signatures to advertise their other websites. Maybe the ST Board members could use their sigs to link to a few articles of "key reading"?

That would be unobtrusive to most people but helpful to thos that want to find out more.

You're right that it is damned if you do, damned if you don't, so you might as well put everything on OTIB (perhaps on a separate forum?) A lot of people won't visit the ST website (I hadn't before except to look at BB's reports)

I think you deserve a lot of respect for what you're trying to do especially the 2 exiles in Swindle and Berks who must spend a lot on petrol money. I think the newsletter is very good and you're very brave for putting down where you sit and your photos (although I doubt many of the critics are brave enough to come and have a pop in person). I note there is no-one from the Williams - but they are always the most apathetic anyway.

Do you have any more poker nights planned as I couldn't find that anywhere?

BTB - Does anyone else think that John Galley looks a bit like Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars.

You're right that it is damned if you do, damned if you don't, so you might as well put everything on OTIB (perhaps on a separate forum?) A lot of people won't visit the ST website (I hadn't before except to look at BB's reports)

That idea could potentially eliminate the need for the ST forum. To date, we've purposely not merged the two forums as this is likely to cause upset. As previously mentioned, we try to help keep otib about BCFC and whilst we consider the Trust to be a factor to the Club, we haven't used this forum as a propaganda machine so that fans aren't put off by visiting here. We'll always do our best to reply to any questions placed in threads & posts (such as this one) but rarely do we start one.

It's a softly softly approach & we're aware that there are those that believe that we should do as you suggest & put more on otib than we currently do. Tough job trying to please everyone!

I think you deserve a lot of respect for what you're trying to do especially the 2 exiles in Swindle and Berks who must spend a lot on petrol money. I think the newsletter is very good and you're very brave for putting down where you sit and your photos (although I doubt many of the critics are brave enough to come and have a pop in person). I note there is no-one from the Williams - but they are always the most apathetic anyway.

To date, I don't think that anyone has used the information to approach us during a match though that information is there for exactly that reason. It is a pity that we don't have anyone in the Williams (we used to but they moved to the Atyeo - probably due to being under the age of 50! :D)

Do you have any more poker nights planned as I couldn't find that anywhere?

Not yet - sorry. However, we are looking at arranging more events in which fans can participate. If you've not yet heard about the 'Spotted' competition, then please click here.

Archived