IGNORED

City Fans Fighting Each Other !

Cardy

A derby is in the same city.

80 miles is not a derby and it bears only vague resemblence to a rivalry.

Us/Rovers is a derby.

Liverpool/Everton is a derby.

Tottenham/Arsenal is a derby.

Man City/Everton is NOT a derby.

Tottenham/Ipswich is NOT a derby.

Us/Yeovil is NOT a derby.

What about Brentford and Leyton Orient?

I don't think a derby has ever been defined as a "same city" thing. We have South Coast derbies, North East Derbies, Yorkshire derbies etc. Yeovil is reasonably local,but this season out nearest "West County " derby is agaisnt Cheltenham.

The reason that Yeovil seems to be a bigger profile match is simply that the local radio coverage that most of us rely on for sport is Radio Bristol, which happens to link into Somerset Sound for sport coverage. If Radio Bristol linked in with Radio Gloucestershire then Twentyman would be given Cheltenham the big match build up.

Isn't it a shame that there isn't 2 clubs in Derby. We could then have the absolute dogs b*ll**s of a derby, I can't even bring myself to say it!

Congrats. You were obviously the better team as far as I heard on the radio. But just think, bad winners don't make friends - I had a call from a friend of mine at the game who said as he was walking out "you'd think they'd won the Champions League".

If you (Yeovil) want to be taken seriously as Championship contenders then you should stop being so over the moon that you've beaten a underachieving, striker-less Bristol City side who have been in this division 7 seasons.

strikerless??? you have on e of the best strikers in this league on your books!!!!

I have my views and opinions just the same as you.

your views and opinions are perfectly fair and valid sarah, don't let people try to put you down,

it was well know that in his time here certain striker was out on the beer, after the Romeo Brown incident certain guidelines and rules were brought into the club in attempt to stop the drink culture at the club, certain players followed it, other didn't, most of them have left, one remains albeit it out on loan, myself including others on here have seen players out since, it is a fact that a certain player didn't want to follow johnson's rules, perhaps he is allowed a drink at yeovil.

To me if a someone wants to go out on the beer despite his manager wanting otherwise..........your asking for trouble

Oh right! So why did the Yeovil players and staff celebrate as if they'ed won promotion at the final whistle? It was a massive result for Yeovil and you know it.

If Bristol City are a '3rd Division team' plese tell me what Yeovil are? maybe a conference team punching well above there weight, it's only a matter of time before your bubble will burst and reality dawns.

Enjoy the bragging rights now whilst you can.The better of two shite teams on the day won-end of.

To be fair, Seend Red, the players all go round the stands after every match, win lose or draw.

Although I will admit they did celebrate with extra vim yesterday...

Well the fight was about 2 ft in front of me and I nearly got squished.

The blokes in front were singing songs about the yeovil lot and their "love" for eachother, and one of the blokes further down took offence as his wife was from Yeovil.

The stewards took an age to get there, and both parties were arrested after the game.

I managed to make it out alive though which I know you will all be pleased to hear ;)

It felt like 80 miles stuck on that sodding train. I think my cider addled wits confused the round trip with the distance.

Anyway, 80 miles or 40 miles it makes no odds. It isn't a derby.

Just because the media like to abuse the word and save themselves thinking of an original slant on a game it doesn't mean it is one. It's only a derby when both sets of fans make it one and that's never going to happen between us and anyone but Rovers.

It felt like 80 miles stuck on that sodding train. I think my cider addled wits confused the round trip with the distance.

Did you get a view of the near fight on the 6pm train home? It looked as though a well oiled knuckle dragger decided to pick on a young kiddie for no reason. Thankfully a couple of blokes came to the lads rescue.

Did you get a view of the near fight on the 6pm train home? It looked as though a well oiled knuckle dragger decided to pick on a young kiddie for no reason. Thankfully a couple of blokes came to the lads rescue.

Nope I missed that.

Our carriage had it's own entertainment though. We had some filthy skaghead vagrant Scot in a Celtic coat giving a young lad abuse and constantly pushing past a group of girls out on a hen night accidentally nutting one of them on his frequent trips to the toilet.

Then he get off at the wrong stop, fell over and smashed his head on the platform. Claret everywhere and no less than he deserved.

i didn't see this (sat in the home end) :shifty: but all i can say is on yesterdays

showing stewart should be in our side.

fair play to yeovil they got a nice close nit club on and off

the pitch, i was impressed by their home end behined the goal,

a sea of green and white and the whole stand singing, something

we badly lack, now the poision ain't marcus stewart it runs deeper

around our club.

a nice friendly little club spent a lot of time after the game

chatting to their fans in the pub.

And there is your problem, you are only a big club to yourselves, nobody else. Face facts your are a 3rd division team, no more, no less, who happened to lose to the village down the road today

City and Forest are recognised as BIG clubs by every other team in this league (not just this division) except one, now who could that be?

How many clubs at this level can take 40000 yes 40000 fans to Wembley (3 times) and the Millenium Stadium (twice) in recent years ?...shhhhhhhh...................I cant hear you!!

Bristol City Football Club has a history, a tradition, a stadium, an infrastructure and a FANBASE that you can only dream about. So yes it is a big club, a grossly underperforming big club but a big club none the less !!That does not give us a god given right to walk this league but we will make it to the Championship and stay there. There will be slip ups like yesterday along the way but we are man enough to take it. We are not here to win battles we are here to win wars. and all you won yesterday was a battle. Every dog has his day and you had yours yesterday, ours is coming in May !!

Any true supporter doesn't like defeat but true supporters take both defeat and victory in good grace, something in my experience that Yeovil fans have yet to grasp !!

So don't bother re setting the sat nav on the tractor for Sunderland , Wolves and West Brom because you wont be needing it!!

If you wanna play with the big boys you gotta learn to take the banter as well as give it !! :city::city::city:

your views and opinions are perfectly fair and valid sarah, don't let people try to put you down,

it was well know that in his time here certain striker was out on the beer, after the Romeo Brown incident certain guidelines and rules were brought into the club in attempt to stop the drink culture at the club, certain players followed it, other didn't, most of them have left, one remains albeit it out on loan, myself including others on here have seen players out since, it is a fact that a certain player didn't want to follow johnson's rules, perhaps he is allowed a drink at yeovil.

To me if a someone wants to go out on the beer despite his manager wanting otherwise..........your asking for trouble

Well exactly. I have no problem with the players going out having a couple of drinks and a laugh but i have when it gets out of control and then starts to affect performance. We are after all paying their wages. They are very lucky to be in the position they are in and they shouldn't be abusing that. I felt that Marcus Stewart continually did that and dragged a few others down with him. Yes Steve Brooker included. Finally finally Gary Johnson appears to have stamped this out which is why i do not want Marcus Stewart back and we end up back at square one.

Well exactly. I have no problem with the players going out having a couple of drinks and a laugh but i have when it gets out of control and then starts to affect performance. We are after all paying their wages. They are very lucky to be in the position they are in and they shouldn't be abusing that. I felt that Marcus Stewart continually did that and dragged a few others down with him. Yes Steve Brooker included. Finally finally Gary Johnson appears to have stamped this out which is why i do not want Marcus Stewart back and we end up back at square one.

So in your opinion Marcus is to blame for dragging Steve Brooker down. Is he also to blame for Brookers' imprisonment as well?

Didn't Brooker have a previous conviction for affray or assault from a few years back, well before he would have met MS?

Your opinions are farcical considering you seem to blame Marcus for everything? Damn Marcus Stewart! I have a bad back at the minute, there was frost on my car on Friday morning and my pens just stopped working, is that all Marcus' s fault too?

So in your opinion Marcus is to blame for dragging Steve Brooker down. Is he also to blame for Brookers' imprisonment as well?

Didn't Brooker have a previous conviction for affray or assault from a few years back, well before he would have met MS?

Your opinions are farcical considering you seem to blame Marcus for everything? Damn Marcus Stewart! I have a bad back at the minute, there was frost on my car on Friday morning and my pens just stopped working, is that all Marcus' s fault too?

I believe that Marcus Stewart was a bad influence on a lot of the players down there. Thing is like it or not i am not the only one.

Even if that was the case ( and I don't think for one minute that it was ), why the hell didn't someone do something about it? Marcus Stewart has done it at Premiership level and he's vastly experienced but he's not God. Why didn't the players go to GJ and sort it out? They are all big boys and can take care of themselves surely.

Thing is that there is some sort of discipline issue here. GJ got rid of a player who was a nightmare for morale when he was at Yeovil ( Michael McIndoe ). He seems to have inherited a problem that for your sakes, needs sorting.

I believe that Marcus Stewart was a bad influence on a lot of the players down there. Thing is like it or not i am not the only one.

bad influence? i'm not so sure, some younger players have said he helped them

in training and gave bags of encouragement to them and other squad players are

still mates with him, murray arrived at yeovil yesterday with him.

point is if we got injuries then he should be back with us.

Even if that was the case ( and I don't think for one minute that it was ), why the hell didn't someone do something about it? Marcus Stewart has done it at Premiership level and he's vastly experienced but he's not God. Why didn't the players go to GJ and sort it out? They are all big boys and can take care of themselves surely.

Thing is that there is some sort of discipline issue here. GJ got rid of a player who was a nightmare for morale when he was at Yeovil ( Michael McIndoe ). He seems to have inherited a problem that for your sakes, needs sorting.

Because we had a first class w***** called Brian Tinnion in charge!!! GJ has worked hard to get rid of the disruptive influences and finally he has although i know Stewart needs to come back at the end of November but hopefully that is to sort out another move.

bad influence? i'm not so sure, some younger players have said he helped them

in training and gave bags of encouragement to them and other squad players are

still mates with him, murray arrived at yeovil yesterday with him.

Helped them to what exactly? Be able to hold more beer?????

stewart was helpful to the players in encouraging them to play

better, passing on his experience and a bit of coaching.

again bad influence?

hmmm so when it all kicked off in romeo browns was stewart there? nope.

Well he didn't get caught no.

Because we had a first class w***** called Brian Tinnion in charge!!!

Sarah please don't use that word to describe Tinnion, he was a legend as a player, and sadly failed as a manager because he didnt have any experience, and didnt get the back up and support he needed to succeed. He was never going to have an easy job going from one of the boys to the gaffer.

Great player, and he was hardly going to turn down the job as Manager of the club he dearly loved, and its a real shame that his days here ended in the way they did.

But please please don't call him, that I'm sure I'm not the only one upset by your choice of words to describe him. Tinman was and still is City through and through.

Sarah please don't use that word to describe Tinnion, he was a legend as a player, and sadly failed as a manager because he didnt have any experience, and didnt get the back up and support he needed to succeed. He was never going to have an easy job going from one of the boys to the gaffer.

Great player, and he was hardly going to turn down the job as Manager of the club he dearly loved, and its a real shame that his days here ended in the way they did.

But please please don't call him, that I'm sure I'm not the only one upset by your choice of words to describe him. Tinman was and still is City through and through.

I'm very sorry but thats how it got me in the end. He nearly destroyed Bristol City as a manager.

He nearly destroyed Bristol City as a manager.

no he didn't, i respect your opinion but saying tinnion destroyed Bristol City as a manager is just

not true, look we have been in the same league before tinnion got the job

and we are still there now he has gone but what has not changed is the board room

who put these managers in their jobs.

no he didn't, i respect your opinion but saying tinnion destroyed Bristol City as a manager is just

not true, look we have been in the same league before tinnion got the job

and we are still there now he has gone but what has not changed is the board room

who put these managers in their jobs.

Yes i understand what you are saying. Maybe i was a bit harsh calling him that but its the emotion i guess of supporting this club!! Sometimes things just come out!! I respect as a player he gave us his all but i feel that he should never of took the managers job Lansdown is as much to blame as him for this. But the way he acted when he was in charge i can't forgive he ripped the heart out of the team. I hate to say it but losing 7-1 at Swansea although it was when we hit rock bottom if you like. it was the best thing that could have happened.

Couldn't fault the man as a player but as a manager i find it hard to forgive him.

No he didnt, the people who put him there and then didnt give him the support he needed did that.

But I'm not going to get into an argument with you.

A bit of both i feel.

Archived