IGNORED

Brooker - Injured Again?

Red Cloud

If you rest someone, and that's not what Brooker needs only 2 games in 3 months, you put them on the bench. we have no striker on the bench and we need the revenue that comes with a cup run. If Brooks is un-fit ( which I doubt ) why has there been no report of it ? I fear this could be the end of Brookers City career.

If you rest someone, and that's not what Brooker needs only 2 games in 3 months, you put them on the bench. we have no striker on the bench and we need the revenue that comes with a cup run. If Brooks is un-fit ( which I doubt ) why has there been no report of it ? I fear this could be the end of Brookers City career.

I think you are worrying over nothing here. Brooks has just come back from a nasty knee injury and it makes sense to rest him until the Carlisle game. I can't see Brooker leaving in the window.

main site says "Steve Brooker is left out of the squad completely" - any ideas why?

Dubious report re: Brooker.

He MAY be on a hot date treat in the Premier Club seating area with his No1 fan Miss Sarah B.

(the forum awaits comfirmation or otherwise on the accuracy of this report later this evening direct from the horses mouth (so to speak - no offence) herself)

- meanwhile Jevo does the biz again, things are looking up! :)

jevons sure is doing the biz, and enoch is playing well too

Think Brooker is being saved for league game, Enoch and Jevo will have played 3 games in 7 days after today, so worth keeping Brooks fresh for Tuesday

well I hope that is the reason anyway!

Dubious report re: Brooker.

He MAY be on a hot date treat in the Premier Club seating area with his No1 fan Miss Sarah B.

(the forum awaits comfirmation or otherwise on the accuracy of this report later this evening direct from the horses mouth (so to speak - no offence) herself)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe she's kidnapped him, and is currently holding him prisoner in her cellar.

Either Brooks:

a) Has had a reaction to his knee injury amd is re-injured

b) Is being rested so that he is not cup tied come the Jan transfer window.

Hardly good news either way.

I can't see any other reason because if he is fit it makes no sense to drop him from the squad all together.

Watch this space I guess but either way we are being kept in the dark again.

We have waited months for Brooker to return to fitness. At last he returns against Swansea and then he isn't even on the bench for Forest and Gillingham today. I don't understand how he can be "rested" when he hasn't played a full game for months. Surely he should be getting some match fitness before the serious league matches resume.

Has he suffered a reaction to his injury? Does GJ no longer rate him above Jeavons or Showumni? Has he fallen out with GJ? Are we avoiding him being cup tied bacause GJ wants to sell him? Not even being on the bench is pretty damning.

Whatever the reason it would be good if the fans were given an explanation. Silence from the club will only fuel rumours and to simply be told he is now not in the squad after waiting months for his return is just bizarre.

We have waited months for Brooker to return to fitness. At last he returns against Swansea and then he isn't even on the bench for Forest and Gillingham today. I don't understand how he can be "rested" when he hasn't played a full game for months. Surely he should be getting some match fitness before the serious league matches resume.

Has he suffered a reaction to his injury? Does GJ no longer rate him above Jeavons or Showumni? Has he fallen out with GJ? Are we avoiding him being cup tied bacause GJ wants to sell him? Not even being on the bench is pretty damning.

Whatever the reason it would be good if the fans were given an explanation. Silence from the club will only fuel rumours and to simply be told he is now not in the squad after waiting months for his return is just bizarre.

Agreed - although I generally support GJ all the way some decisions ( like his substitutions ) do appear bizarre - perhaps they wouldn't if we ( the poor bloody infantry ) got told what was what now and then !

Just listened to GJ, says Brooks has a thigh strain ??? Why then on friday does the main site say there's a fully fit squad to choose from ? I really do feel the club treats us like 5 year olds, not telling us what's going on around us. What do we believe, a fully fit squad or a thigh injury, I for one can't beleive a word that gets put up on the main site or what comes out of Johnsons mouth any more.

Just listened to GJ, says Brooks has a thigh strain ??? Why then on friday does the main site say there's a fully fit squad to choose from ? I really do feel the club treats us like 5 year olds, not telling us what's going on around us. What do we believe, a fully fit squad or a thigh injury, I for one can't beleive a word that gets put up on the main site or what comes out of Johnsons mouth any more.

oh shut uppp!

1. If he were left out because of some discipline/attitude/transfer issue, why should we told about it now if it makes the situation more difficult to manage? Why do you think we're entitled to know everything NOW NOW NOW regardless of how damaging putting that info out might be?

2. why cant Steve Brooker get a thigh strain on friday, or just make it worse on friday? or just the bloke writing the report just didnt know - mistakes happen

3. "treated like 5 year olds?" - 10 years ago we got info from the 3 star evening post, and we were happy with that. now we scour the internet for rumours/facts/updates, etc and think that just because media has changed,that if we don't know everythign that is happning at the club at every second, then we're being diddled?!

truth will come out in time...

oh shut uppp!

1. If he were left out because of some discipline/attitude/transfer issue, why should we told about it now if it makes the situation more difficult to manage? Why do you think we're entitled to know everything NOW NOW NOW regardless of how damaging putting that info out might be?

2. why cant Steve Brooker get a thigh strain on friday, or just make it worse on friday? or just the bloke writing the report just didnt know - mistakes happen

3. "treated like 5 year olds?" - 10 years ago we got info from the 3 star evening post, and we were happy with that. now we scour the internet for rumours/facts/updates, etc and think that just because media has changed,that if we don't know everythign that is happning at the club at every second, then we're being diddled?!

truth will come out in time...

Fair comment I guess BUT - if SB gets a thigh strain on Friday or even later, then why not say on the selection official post " SB has been ruled out of the squad with a thigh strain " NOT SB has been left out of the squad ?

Don't want to know everything as much is and should be confidential but injuries ? Lets get real !

whats up with some City fans?... Paranoia - Conspiracy Theories - Suspicion ... whenever a statement comes out of the club(or doesnt), or appears in the media(or doesnt), or someone has some 'inside gossip'(or don't) -Out they all come with wild imaginings.

I just checked Ashton Gates postcode & guess what?.... its still BS3 - NOT bl**dy AREA 51.

(ps I heard Sarah B gave him a deadleg in the hope that he might treat her to a date in the Prem Club & sit next to her if he had to sit out todays game... its only a rumour -but hey no smoke without fire eh? :) )

Fair comment I guess BUT - if SB gets a thigh strain on Friday or even later, then why not say on the selection official post " SB has been ruled out of the squad with a thigh strain " NOT SB has been left out of the squad ?

Don't want to know everything as much is and should be confidential but injuries ? Lets get real !

probably just a mistake then... whoever wrote the update didnt know Brooker was injured,and/or GJ forgot to tell him. not an impossible scenario to imagine!

Archived