IGNORED

Gloucestershire - have It!

red-or-dead

I count South Bristol as part of Somerset, I think Taunton is closer to Bristol than Gloucester is :whistle2: anyway.

South Bristol is most definately not in Somerset. How very dare you! Seeing as the Shire's home ground is actually in Bristol, that decides it for me... Sod, trekking to another bloody Town!

Whats wrong with you?

Surely anyone can see a sport that has matches that last 5 days is just wrong and plain stupid. :disapointed2se:

So slow and drawn out, like dieing a very slow death :bored:

Not to mention stopping for lunch and tea. Zzzzzzzz.

So, the county of Somerset has a cricket team, the county of Gloucester has a cricket team, but the county of Bristol does not have a cricket team. Even less relevant then.

Bedminster used to be in somerset & brislington was part of Somerset as recently as the sixties i think, i remember going down to the imperial ground at Knowle and watching the mighty Sir Ian Botham, Viv Richards and Joel Garner when Somerset used to play a few games a year in the John Player league, vaguely speaking in the old days if you lived south of the river you supported Somerset and north of the river you were Glos'. Bristol was quite unique being the only City in the country where two counties played their home games (other than London)

Guest east_dundry_red
All the Gloucester fans on here in the past mouthing off after beating Somerset, Where are you?

Somerset moved to the top of the table after a emphatic win over Gloucestershire at Bristol.

Somerset & City forever!

You can stick glos and somerset up your arse!

GO GLAMORGAN!!!!!!

But what's this got to do with the 'City Forum'? :dunno:

Many posts in the past have been about Gloucester beating Somerset.

I agree with all who have said This is a Bristol City forum, I was purely making the point to all Gloucester supporters. Its a bit of fun!

For those of us City supporters who come from the dark side of town, went to college next door to the Country Ground and idolised the likes of Mike Proctor as a lad, why would I want to support a team that's home ground is in Taunton?

So **** off and do your gloating on some remote cricket forum!

With a attitude like that, Maybe you should go back to the Darkside.You would fit in nicely with the Sags!

To those questioning whether cricket should be on here, surely it's more interesting than endless transfer speculation about players we're never going to sign, no ?

In that case...

I've just discovered I've got a Wasp nest in my loft! I got up there this afternoon with a thick winter jacket and a hat and gloves in case of a violent attack from the little critters, needless to say Ive lost two stone in weight from sweating so much!.

I nervously sat there in my loft for a 10 mins watching them build their nest, I must of been 7 to 8 metres away from them and they werent bothered by me in the slightest? This surprised me as I was expecting full out war. Me and a can of Nippon V 1000 wasp!! They continued to build the nest which was actually pretty interesting to watch.

I've since been to B&Q and bought this spray foam stuff which I intend to pray into there nest at midnight. Apprently this will kill them off.

Surely this is more interesting than endless transfer speculation about players we're never going to sign, no ?

In that case...

I've just discovered I've got a Wasp nest in my loft! I got up there this afternoon with a thick winter jacket and a hat and gloves in case of a violent attack from the little critters, needless to say Ive lost two stone in weight from sweating so much!.

I nervously sat there in my loft for a 10 mins watching them build their nest, I must of been 7 to 8 metres away from them and they werent bothered by me in the slightest? This surprised me as I was expecting full out war. Me and a can of Nippon V 1000 wasp!! They continued to build the nest which was actually pretty interesting to watch.

I've since been to B&Q and bought this spray foam stuff which I intend to pray into there nest at midnight. Apprently this will kill them off.

Surely this is more interesting than endless transfer speculation about players we're never going to sign, no ?

whilst the power of the prayer is truely awesome

it might, just this once, come second to actually spraying your foam into the nest

Since when does Cricket relate to Bristol City? This is in the complete wrong section. Sort it out.

Well written Eamer. :clapping:

....why all the bitching and bickering between factions of the BCFC Red Army over cricket? :rolleyes:

My only interest in the County of Gloucestershire being Prince Charles' Highgrove estate and Princess Anne's Gatcombe Park estate - both those Gloucestershire estates being high on my list of Royalist property to be confiscated. With many of us living in expensive rabbit hutches Royalist estates are ripe for confiscation and redistribution amongst the BCFC Red Army. :icecream:

With regard to Somersetshire - the Royalist scum Judge Jeffreys' bloody assizes - where men of Somerset were needlessly executed for being on the 'wrong' Royalist side - cries for retribution. I suggest that high profile Royalists of our hopelessly corrupt and class based toff/snob led criminal justice system should be sent for an appointment with the Wicker Man. Burn 'em alive !!!!! First up - burn the corrupt judge and his team of corrupt Crown Prosecution Service lawyers that sent our players to prison - while letting off the bouncers.

The corrupt judiciary must keep their appointment with the Somerset Wicker Man.......

wicker.jpg

Up the City - sod the cricket.

I don't remember you Taunton supporters gloating when you were bowled out for 58 the other week.

Do not forget Bristol City draw a third of their support from out of Bristol, yes right down to Taunton. I grew up in Cheddar, where there were a couple of hundred City fans.

So in that light you would expect someone from Somerset to actually support Somerset CC.

So what is more renowned, Bristol Cider or Somerset Cider? Bristol City has had a couple of players from yesteryear who would play County Cricket for Somerset, Bobby Etheridge a half back from the early 60's apparently was a good batsman, also regularly turned out for Somerset. So, there ya go...never forget your true roots eh!! :bruce_h4h:

Well written Eamer. :clapping:

....why all the bitching and bickering between factions of the BCFC Red Army over cricket? :rolleyes:

My only interest in the County of Gloucestershire being Prince Charles' Highgrove estate and Princess Anne's Gatcombe Park estate - both those Gloucestershire estates being high on my list of Royalist property to be confiscated. With many of us living in expensive rabbit hutches Royalist estates are ripe for confiscation and redistribution amongst the BCFC Red Army. :icecream:

With regard to Somersetshire - the Royalist scum Judge Jeffreys' bloody assizes - where men of Somerset were needlessly executed for being on the 'wrong' Royalist side - cries for retribution. I suggest that high profile Royalists of our hopelessly corrupt and class based toff/snob led criminal justice system should be sent for an appointment with the Wicker Man. Burn 'em alive !!!!! First up - burn the corrupt judge and his team of corrupt Crown Prosecution Service lawyers that sent our players to prison - while letting off the bouncers.

The corrupt judiciary must keep their appointment with the Somerset Wicker Man.......

Is that Edward Woodwardward in that wicker man? boy what a wierd film that was, still Britt Eckland looked alright!

wicker.jpg

Up the City - sod the cricket.

Gloucestershire played at home in Bristol, home of the team you support ;I think Yeovil in fact come from Somerset,

Now, I'm not certain, but wasn't the River Avon the old Somerset/Gloucester border before Avon was formed? :dunno:

I was going to use the word boundary, but Gloucester fans may not have understood the meaning of the word. :whistle:

And, Somerset did, actually, play in Bristol, at the Imperial Ground, certainly in the 70's and possibly into the early eighties.

"Is that Edward Woodwardward in that wicker man? boy what a wierd film that was, still Britt Eckland looked alright!"

punnett, indeed Sir. Edward Woodward deserved his fate as a nosey and self opinionated and self righteous member of the God Queen cult in the 1973 classic film 'The Wicker Man'. As for Britt Eckland - as the nymphomaniac witch - what a beauty she was........... :tounge: ..........

WM-011.jpg

Now, I'm not certain, but wasn't the River Avon the old Somerset/Gloucester border before Avon was formed? :dunno:

I was going to use the word boundary, but Gloucester fans may not have understood the meaning of the word. :whistle:

And, Somerset did, actually, play in Bristol, at the Imperial Ground, certainly in the 70's and possibly into the early eighties.

Could be right there but, who cares :dunno: only ever watched one live cricket game about 30 years ago; very proud myself to of been born in the City and County of Bristol, as was. :city:

I'm a Gloucs fan and can't believe that defeat today. Full of inept batting yet again I'm afraid, sums up our County Championship season so far. We'll hopefully have our revenge in the Twenty20 Cup in the coming weeks. Good luck to Somerset though, I like to see them do well but what's this got to do with the 'City Forum'? :dunno:

20/20 latest SOMERSET :disapointed2se: 104 ALL OUT :rofl2br::clapping:

For those of us City supporters who come from the dark side of town, went to college next door to the Country Ground and idolised the likes of Mike Proctor as a lad, why would I want to support a team that's home ground is in Taunton?

So **** off and do your gloating on some remote cricket forum!

:whistle2::crying:

Archived