IGNORED

Gloucestershire - have It!

red-or-dead

All the Gloucester fans on here in the past mouthing off after beating Somerset, Where are you?

Somerset moved to the top of the table after a emphatic win over Gloucestershire at Bristol.

Somerset & City forever!

What comes around goes around, but your mob was very bad tonight :10_1_108:

It seems that cricket is shadowing football in Bristol.

The Blues from North of the river have their day in a mickey mouse competition while Bristol Souths Finest will be in a higher Championship next season.

Enjoy your lower leagues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since when is Taunton in South Bristol?

I see you're from Hengrove, which is only a I.V.A. crisp hit away from Knowle and Imperial Cricket Grounds, both of which used to host S.C.C.C. home games.

North of the river-Gas/Glos.

South of the river-City/Somerset.

Since when is Taunton in South Bristol?

Chard isn't either, what's your point?

It's all about which cricket county you percieve represents you and where your from.

Some people think as Glos play in Bristol they must surely represent them, some know that South Bristol was in Somerset many moons ago and therefore feel no affiliation for Glos

I think it's very straight forward

It's all about which cricket county you percieve represents you and where your from.

Some people think as Glos play in Bristol they must surely represent them, some know that South Bristol was in Somerset many moons ago and therefore feel no affiliation for Glos

My point being that I support the team that represents my City. The mighty Gloucestershire play in Bristol, Somerset do not. That's a very very simple decision if you ask me.

Just to muddy the waters even further, my father-in-law actually lives in Chard Somerset and supports Gloucestershire CCC and Bristol City FC. You can also hear he's Bristolian from 1/4 mile away. :rofl2br:

My point being that I support the team that represents my City. The mighty Gloucestershire play in Bristol, Somerset do not. That's a very very simple decision if you ask me.

I'm in a 100% agreement with Stu on this.

Even though I've spent most of my life living in North Somerset, it's all about accesibility for me. I chose to go to watch my cricket at Gloucs because Bristol was 8 miles from home, Taunton 40 odd miles. Easy decision isn't it?

Gloucs are Bristol's team, there's no getting away from that but why lynch folk for supporting they're nearest team when I'm sure some of the people passing judgement on this have owned a Chelsea or Man Utd shirt sometime in the past? Surely the prinicpal's the same, support your local team...

No they don't, else they'd be called Bristol.

Somerset aren't called Taunton, because that's where they play

The simple fact that they play in Bristol means that they are representing my City. Whatever they do, whatever they achieve, it reflects on the City of Bristol.

By the way, you'll enjoy reading this I'm sure. It's by BCFC's own Richard Latham as well... :winner_third_h4h:

I've read many a report on Somerset by 'Bristol Citys' Richard Latham, what's that prove?

And the other bloke's lived in Somerset but followed another county because they're nearer?????

Wales must play there home games nearer to you than England, you must pop other quite often, after all, you can't lynch a bloke for supporting his nearest team

How odd, good job Devon don't play in Chardstock

I've read many a report on Somerset by 'Bristol Citys' Richard Latham, what's that prove?

And the other bloke's lived in Somerset but followed another county because they're nearer?????

Wales must play there home games nearer to you than England, you must pop other quite often, after all, you can't lynch a bloke for supporting his nearest team

How odd, good job Devon don't play in Chardstock

Was any of that supposed to make sense? :huh:

I'm in a 100% agreement with Stu on this.

Even though I've spent most of my life living in North Somerset, it's all about accesibility for me. I chose to go to watch my cricket at Gloucs because Bristol was 8 miles from home, Taunton 40 odd miles. Easy decision isn't it?

Gloucs are Bristol's team, there's no getting away from that but why lynch folk for supporting they're nearest team when I'm sure some of the people passing judgement on this have owned a Chelsea or Man Utd shirt sometime in the past? Surely the prinicpal's the same, support your local team...

The point is large parts of South Bristol was in Somerset at one time , Brislington up till very recently, i remember watching Somerset down the imperial ground which is actually classed in Knowle which is one of Citys biggest heartlands, i cant bring myself to support Glous' not after going to a lords final in 1977 and having to listen to "goodnight irene" all through the game, although in saying all that i love cricket and not to indifferent about either team

I thought I'd better look up some terminology for this weird game and now I'm even more confused. Going to stick to footy I think

Fast Bowling

Only considered fast when the speed of the ball has the power to blast it's way through bat/batsman/stumps/wicket keeper. Laws of physics must be broken or else you're bowling medium pace.

Medium Pace

This is anyone who can bowl between 50 mp/h and a bajillion mp/h.

Spin

This intricate type of bowling is so complex and stupidly hard that only one has ever managed to master it. It involves the bowler spinning around so fast that their hair starts to fall out before stumbling up to the crease and bowling. The negative side affect is being forced to appear in countless hair regrowth adverts and brain damage.

Special Deliveries

This occurs when the captain of one team orders a pizza with either anchovies or mushrooms on it. Ordering Nando's is also considered special because only fat people and lesbians eat there.

Bouncer

The bouncer, is when the bowler bowls a 6 foot muscular bald headed man with a tiny penis at the batsman. Also known as a short ball which is a midget/dwarf ball.

Yorker

A yorker is either when an obese loud mouthed Yorkshirian rides your mom onto the field and swings his Guiness at the nearest fielder. It is also considered a yorker when angry housewives throw Yorkshire puddings at retards and homos.

The "Chinaman"

When the bowler bowls the ball and utilizes his index finger an middle finger of the free hand to create a humerous face that resembles an Asian(or Chinese) looking chap. It is reported to be the cryptonite of the cricket world. A batsman cannot resist from going into what is called a "laughmattack" which is followed by the excretion of feces and an instantaneous elimination of the batsman.

Full Toss

A full toss is when the bowler uses his spare hand to start masturbating rapidly until he ejaculates while the ball is being bowled. This is to put off the batsman

Slower Ball

A slower ball is mentally retarded and has trouble focusing.

Bye

A bye is when the batsman waves goodbye to the fan / fans who are leaving in confusion. Runs are awarded for how many fans leave, and how confused they are.

Leg Bye

A leg bye is when the batsman waves goodbye to his leg, which is currently on the roof of the stadium thanks to a Shaun Tait yorker.

The point is large parts of South Bristol was in Somerset at one time , Brislington up till very recently, i remember watching Somerset down the imperial ground which is actually classed in Knowle which is one of Citys biggest heartlands, i cant bring myself to support Glous' not after going to a lords final in 1977 and having to listen to "goodnight irene" all through the game, although in saying all that i love cricket and not to indifferent about either team

I'm actually Bristolian - born at Southmead and lived in Bedminster during the first years of my life. I couldn't give a damn about cricket because it's like watching paint dry. I'm not sure when Bristol was supposed to be Gloucestershire or Somersetshire but I do know that Bristol has been a City and a County in its own right for 700 odd years. So it's Bristolshire la la la. :winner_third_h4h:

I thought I'd better look up some terminology for this weird game and now I'm even more confused. Going to stick to footy I think

That comment would have put the pair of us on detention then. :icecream: Cotham Grammar School was a cricket loving school when we were there. Other than Eton, Cotham was the only other school to have ever had 3 old boys in the England Cricket national side at the same time - one of them was Arthur Milton and bugger if I can remember who the other 2 were. :rolleyes:

I don't like cricket YEH - I hate it. :clapping:

The man stood on the burning deck

Playing a game of cricket

The ball rolled up his trouser leg

And hit his middle wicket

OOOWWWWWSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :clapping:

That comment would have put the pair of us on detention then. :icecream: Cotham Grammar School was a cricket loving school when we were there. Other than Eton, Cotham was the only other school to have ever had 3 old boys in the England Cricket national side at the same time - one of them was Arthur Milton and bugger if I can remember who the other 2 were. :rolleyes:

I don't like cricket YEH - I hate it. :clapping:

The man stood on the burning deck

Playing a game of cricket

The ball rolled up his trouser leg

And hit his middle wicket

OOOWWWWWSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :clapping:

We played murder-ball at Connought Road, hey OC have you any more photos of Britt Ecklands tits

Gloucester was a Parliamentary stronghold, and was beseiged during the Civil War.

Unfortunately It is a bloody egg-chasing town. But there are more City than Gas there.

But what the hell has this got to do with the City.

Why have the moderators not moved it? They move other things far more relevant!!

Archived