IGNORED

East End And Season Ticket Swaps

thatcham red

O also i would like to point out that

Currently, that report includes incidences of persistent standing in the East End, which may lead to capacity sanctions in the future.

No home club have had their capacitys cut due to persistent standing, away tickets have been cut by some clubs to other clubs but the threat of capacity sanctions by councils etc have been idle threats.

O also i would like to point out that

Currently, that report includes incidences of persistent standing in the East End, which may lead to capacity sanctions in the future.

No home club have had their capacitys cut due to persistent standing, away tickets have been cut by some clubs to other clubs but the threat of capacity sanctions by councils etc have been idle threats.

Indeed, we can only think of a couple of clubs that have had their away capacity cut due to persistent standing.

For some reason the club is no longer accountable to the local council for this, but report to the Football League. It's not clear whether these sanctions are a real threat or not.

Sorry for the questions Thatcham, do you know what the arrests were for?

The people at stand up sit down do feel that these threats arnt "real" threats and are only really being used to scare the clubs into forcing people to sit down. Also so the club can use the line "If you wont sit down we wont have a stand"

Arrests are connected to the disturbances in the EE. We sought hard evidence, however, there are cases pending and therefore not able to obtain apparently. Clearly, charge sheets would only be available via the Police and then there is the issue of CCTV and any issues around DP.

Safe standing is one thing (modified seating to allow this), standing in areas designed for sitting is another. Currently, the rules say we should sit for health & Safety reasons. Coincidently, somebody did tell me recently how they fell forward whilst staning at AG and nearly seriously injured themselves. Whatever the possible sanctions are, the rules are that we sit down.

Regarding standing how come concert goers at Ashton Gate are allowed to stand and dance in the Dolman which is a steep stand where as at football we are not allowed to stand in the East End which is no where near as steep as the Dolman. How come away fans' are allowed to stand but not us? Even if the EE was closed to home fans' then the away fans' would still stand.

Fiver arrests made in the East End I see. I saw a frew arrested and it seemed they were for swearing which by my reckoning is called heavy handed policing.

Before the game QPR from what I saw QPR fans threw things like bottles, Sunglasses at us, I didn't see any City fan's throwing items at them.

How come I saw people next to me arrested for swearing yet on the other-side of the netting it was clear to see individuals swearing.

Sorry but I just have a feeling the Police and the club are setting the East End up for a fall by using heavy handed tactics on behavior that seems to be acceptable in any other stand apart from the EE.

When exactly did we run towards the QPR fans' during the game? I don't remember that.

Despite the EE having a good effect on the team which Gary Johnson has acknowledged the club still seem to dislike the EE.

On a separate note at the end of this current season the EE is to be knocked down, When season ticket renewal time comes what sort of priority will us Eastenders have? In an ideal world I would like to see an area of the ground that can accommodate us EE season ticket holders made into a Unreserved singing area where Eastenders will have priority to buy a season ticket in when renewal time comes. This will I believe ensure that like minded singers can stay together in a part of the ground and continue the great atmosphere we have been seeing recently at AG.

The East End and its mainly peacefull occupants continue to bare the brunt of this clubs venom; while other stands and there occupants are ignored; fact.

Arrests have been made in other stands and no action taken against the rest of that stand, these include persistant standing, punches thrown at players on the pitch, spitting at fellow home fans. and many others;

I will not return, no matter who we are playing until this gross injustice is sorted.

Law abiding fans should be allowed in any stand;and trouble makers should be dealt with seperately.

We are not all the same. :no:

As I have siad why not take the seasts up may as because its like seating on he concrete steps anyway

theres 2 bolts for one seat the whole City 1000 seats could be taken out in a day easily,result no problems with standing and up the 1000 to 1500 for the same area

Its not easy or as straight forward as that. The old style crush barriers would not meet current legislation.

To fit barriers that would comply requires major strutural work to be done. I think its to do with the width of the terracing which is not wide enough or deep enough to accommodate the barriers.

So let me get this straight,

There threating to close parts of the stand due to standing and you still cant walk up and buy a ticket for it.

The role of the BCFC stewards and their superiors in the Royalist Gestapo Police is to investigate and combat "all tendencies dangerous to the state." They thus have the authority to investigate standing at football matches and verbal diatribe directed at opposition supporters. :noexpression:

Laws passed by successive Tory and Labour traitor Governments effectively give the Gestapo carte blanche to operate without judicial oversight. The Gestapo is now specifically exempted from responsibility to administrative courts, where citizens normally could sue the British state for their non-conformance to international laws.

You will thus now be required to crawl - not walk upright in what is a 'standing' posture - to the ticket booths to purchase match tickets, or suffer the consequences. :surrender:

If the club is worried about standing, why was NO attempts made to make people sit down -v- man city?

Looks to me like they are trying to make it worse so they can shut it down, if they do I'm getting a refund and not returning.

Not once have I been asked to sit down in the and until they do ask me I will continue to stand along with everyone else.

Funnily enough though I have been asked to cut out my very mild swearing but like I said never been asked to sit.

First game in the championship a decent away following, E.E open to all; 2.45 and banter flying between fans, I saw only one disinterested steward and he was lurking at the back, a couple of surges and police and stewards arrived; :disapointed2se: if as likely fans were arrested for swearing then half the Dolman and Atyeo should of been as well;

It also seems as though the persistant standing could/is being dusted off ready as another likely "reason" that S.T holders could soon be next in this clubs vendetta against the E.E; away fans of course will be overlooked, not noticed as per usual :sleeping:

the club are looking for anything to get the EE closed!

and i have had enough!

kicked out for swearing??? WTF!

is it the city/QPR fans fault that there was only 1 steward and NO police when the "trouble" began?

TROUBLE????????????????/ if you look not many city even looked interested!

5 people arrested, out of how many city fans in the EE that day?

As for standing, i've have heard no fan complain that someone is standing and they can't see the game, because we all want to stand and enjoy the game. plus the stewards don't care, as they give up after 20 minutes like they did agains't scunny!

safe standing is out of the clubs hands. I do support safe standing as all seater stadiums have proved to be unworkable.

they have to ensure that they make enough efforts to satisfy the football licensing authority that they ensure all seating means all seating.

however this is a separate issue to the fact that the club is discriminating against season ticket holders in the east end by preventing them from going on sale to under 16 year olds and preventing them from watching the game with their friends and family.

The club's management is also intent on marginalising one of its most long suffering and loyal groups of fans who have supported this club through thick and thin; that of the east end.

No change re the East End then.

Regarding access to CCTV footage, I was under the impression that anyone who has been filmed by CCTV is entitled to see the film on request. If I am correct in this respect, then that includes anyone in the ground for any game. I'm sure there are people out there who can advise on that.

You're entitled to a copy of the CCTV footage under the Data Protection Act since it is data which is identifiable. There should be a sign up near any CCTV cameras giving detail of who to contact for an access request (they can charge you a tenner tops) and if there isn't the CCTV is illegal and inadmissable in any legal proceedings.

now call me crazy, but i have never understood all this 'safe standing' lark

well that person must struggle when we score then!

can someone please explain to me how standing is dangerous? you know, standing on two feet. how is this against health & safety? its ridiculous i think...

In a seated area, if the person on the back falls into the person infront it could result in that person falling forwards and hitting the person in front of him and so on - Disaster. That is the against side of it. The for side of it is that if safe terraces are put in, this would prevent this from happening therefore keeping everyone happy, and safe. Surely it isnt that difficult.

You're entitled to a copy of the CCTV footage under the Data Protection Act since it is data which is identifiable. There should be a sign up near any CCTV cameras giving detail of who to contact for an access request (they can charge you a tenner tops) and if there isn't the CCTV is illegal and inadmissable in any legal proceedings.

Someone knows their stuff.

So Thatcham Red then mate, has anything actually changed about the East End since that last meeting or is it the same as it was vs Scunny (only ST holders)> Not complaining or nothing mate, if the ST carnt do anything about it then thats not your fault.

The main purpose was to ask the club directly why the changes had been made for access to the East End, whether they consider that everything possible was done to ensure the correct level of stewarding/policing, clarify for what and where the arrests took place and seek ways to lift the restrictions.

I think the main thing we learned was the threat by the police to insist on full policing at all games. Also, that there was a real risk to health & safety, which went well beyond what we might consider "banter".

To help balance the argument, I've since learned that before kick off there was less stewards and police in the East End than before the Brentford game. Also, the segregation netting did not reach to the front and back of the stand, enabling people to run around it.

In short, the answer to your question is no. We have, however, made some recommendations in our staement and followed that up with a call to the club this week. I'm expecting good sense to prevail and some of the constructive suggestions to be taken on board.

I've since learned that before kick off there was less stewards and police in the East End than before the Brentford game. Also, the segregation netting did not reach to the front and back of the stand, enabling people to run around it.

how about the club put in force what they did vs brentford the flags helped with segregation,

i do sense this was allowed to happen vs qpr to find a excuse to restrict the EE further and

i sense they are looking for the 'i told you so' excuse.

coppers arms folded and filming people :whistle2:

img0628yc8.jpg

img0627ik4.jpg

oblk9.jpg

Archived