IGNORED

The East End

EASTEND WURZEL

1 arrested??? BETTER STATS THEN.

home supporters rushed to the segregation net and attempted to goad West Brom fans to come over the net.

simply not true, there was banter given on both sides NO ONE RUSHED THE NETTING,

the police don't want this stand open full stop and they are graping at anything to try

and get it shut and using just 1 arrest is pretty lame.

This incident was quickly dealt with by the police and stewards in the area..

WELL DONE THAT'S WHY YOUR THERE REMEMBER.

BRISTOL CITY v WEST BROMWICH ALBION

Tuesday 18th September 2007 - KO 7:45 PM

COCA COLA CHAMPIONSHIP

Ashton Gate

Police Commander – Chief Inspector Simon House

Total attendance - 16,571

Bristol City arrests - 1

West Bromwich Albion arrests - 0

The only incident of note during this fixture was again the behaviour of a small minority in the home area of the Wedlock Stand. After City's late equaliser a number of home supporters rushed to the segregation net and attempted to goad West Brom fans to come over the net. This incident was quickly dealt with by the police and stewards in the area and one City arrest was made for a public order offence. This is the second such incident in the Wedlock Stand this season and the police and the club will be working together to try to prevent a repetition.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/opera...ious_match.aspx

Pretty pathetic how police and club have reacted to this poxy little incident, admittably I agree with the club that the EE is a magnet for troublemakers or shall we say agressive behaviour and could get worse v Cardiff, Stoke or Wolves etc, but surely its not that hard for a line of police to control or a basic fence to sort. The atmosphere created in the EE outweighs the 'problem' of a bit of posturing in my book.

If the club could just understand that; would think theres far worse in any town/City on Fri/Sat night; are they to soon to be off limits to all. :disapointed2se:

A good day at the game is as important as the result otherwise whats the point, just as well listen on the radio.

Am I the only person who thinks this link reads like reasonable police reports, in many instances downplaying arrests?

And am I the only person who thinks that the idea that the club is guilty of incompetence because their fans are choosing to attack opposition fans, but that they should open the East End to more people in, is both contradictory and a pythonesque misdirection of blame?

I think the East End is great, and it should be open, but to my mind this antagonistic interpretation of events, motives and best practice is just tub-thumping that does nobody any favours.

Am I the only person who thinks this link reads like reasonable police reports, in many instances downplaying arrests?

And am I the only person who thinks that the idea that the club is guilty of incompetence because their fans are choosing to attack opposition fans, but that they should open the East End to more people in, is both contradictory and a pythonesque misdirection of blame?

I think the East End is great, and it should be open, but to my mind this antagonistic interpretation of events, motives and best practice is just tub-thumping that does nobody any favours.

I would counter that by reading another thread and point out best practice was seemingly not acheived v QPR as resources were not used for a policed match. The Police and club are using a method that would have seen the whole of the Dolman, Williams then the football league shut down in the eighties.

A handful of troublemakers will be banned, City could use measures which has seen the Grange end at Cardiff open to both home and away fans instead City choose to punish an entire stand.

Fans not the club are being proactive in suggesting a meeting but have also made observations presented to the club which as far as i have seen have yet to be ever answered.

My last comment and i mean last would be how are the club working with the support in any manner over this issue!

Jesus, its not rocket science - put a massive fence up and the problems sorted, of course that would mean nobody had an oppurtunity to do what that guy did last night and prove the board right.

I said this a wile ago i feel putting up a fence would stop it all as i really cant see anyone getting so mad about the away fans that they would want to climb a 6-10ft fence

Sorry chaps, it wasn't THAT long ago that we were all saying the fence causes trouble.

I can't belive what happened Wednesday, stupidity of the highest order.

After all the hard work that some good people have put in on this issue, small numbers of fans just can't see the bigger picture and do something moronic.

The people doing these moronic things aren't even hooligans, as any real one wouldn't do something with all the CCTV. Village idiots is a better shout.

now that is a gross misinterpretation of events

how many fans were thrown out of the QPR game for attacking opposition fans? NONE

How many QPR fans were attacked? None

how many fans were thrown out for "attacking" WBA fans? None

How many WBA fans were attacked? None

How many city fans were thrown out after drunken misbehaviour on the netting? Just the one.

Its probably all down to costs for this fence,they were erecting this fence last season and this was one of the reasons for closure being it costs 75,000 pounds each time to put it up,but I thought now they have allocated 1000 places the fence would be erected from the start as now it did not need moving,surely the extra income from having more supporters in there each week would pay for this one of expense

I'm not sure if i would of bothered if the East End wasnt open, most of my friends are leaving for uni (sat in E Block williams for most of last season) and everywhere else would a let down in the fun side of things.

agreed the club went out of their way to announce that they would be giving a min of 1000 tickets to the EE on the back of the euphoria of promotion. At which time supporters took it upon themselves to design flags and badges to turn AG into a fortress and create a special match day atmosphere for everyone. not to mention raising the profile of our club amongst the away fans that once destroyed our home advantage with their support , now to be silenced by the vociferous supporters of Bristol City's famous EASTEND. Am i only concerned with my own enjoyment or do these strange people who congregate in this relic of a stand roaring out song after song for an hour an half whatever the score actually inspire, and drive on the players to give that bit extra as well..............?

Sorry chaps, it wasn't THAT long ago that we were all saying the fence causes trouble.

I can't belive what happened Wednesday, stupidity of the highest order.

After all the hard work that some good people have put in on this issue, small numbers of fans just can't see the bigger picture and do something moronic.

The people doing these moronic things aren't even hooligans, as any real one wouldn't do something with all the CCTV. Village idiots is a better shout.

True, however it seems some do not know how to put netting out correctly and install

the correct amout of staff infront of the net so mabe a the fence could make a come

back. When the fence was used last time you could sit next to it and it was to easy

to jump on and what you need is a fence and netting on both sides.

ROUGH EXAMPLE

netssb7.jpg

painthd5.jpg

agreed , anyone arrested should have a ban, don't they realize it ruins it for the rest of us . it just smacks in the face of all the fantastic supporters in there signing their hearts out and improving the match day experience of everybody in AG.

The club wants to make us mad at those who have caused "trouble" saying "blame them it's their fault!".

I am not taking that stance, police will be there regardless and that is their job. At all other clubs they manage to have opposing fans withing 5 meters of each other- it is managed well. I'm sure they haven't shyed away at the slight hint of any trouble and said right we're closing it thanks to the minority! It is their choice, the club are the ones choosing to punish the vast majority for what the minority has supposedly done! :englandsmile4wf:

It's not extra income is it. The fans in there would have been sat in another stand anyway if the EE was closed.

But I don't see why they can't put up a fence anyway until the end of the season and just have it POTD.

As someone mentions, coat it with non-drying paint and have a bit of netting either side. One-off cost which could save on the administration of overspill tickets, policing, stewarding and the like.

But there are fans who prefer the E/E and not go if it is not open,take Tuesday night the E/E sold a further 300 odd tickets in two days,when there was spaces in other stands

the lad who was arrested was about 18 & had a city scarf on!! hardly a trouble maker,

Also, a steward told myself & people around me who were right at the back of the stand that it WAS 'ok' to stand up (i wish we could have that on paper) but not on the seats!!??

Also, i bumped into a mate who actually got to POTD in the eastend, as the williams was full..... thought it was online tickets only?

ps. Loving CH's eastend design,

But there are fans who prefer the E/E and not go if it is not open,to righttake Tuesday night the E/E sold a further 300 odd tickets in two days,when there was spaces in other stands

Adds a bit of enjoyment to the day just being in there; all home fans should HAVE THE CHOICE full stop. :disapointed2se:

Archived