IGNORED

The East End

EASTEND WURZEL

And how easy is it to prevent them buying tickets and getting back in?

last time i looked you couldn't fart at ashton gate without being filmed so it is

not that hard to keep a data base of idiots and spot them and kick them out.

oblk9.jpg

bbb1rr.jpg

Why should the club bother to do this when they can just close the stand to potd? It's not their fault the small minority of ######s can't behave.

Why close a stand and lose money on seats an lose atmospere becuse of a small few who can be dealt with,

by saying that if your a pub land lord do you kickout and close your pub with 200 in becuse say 2 can't

behave everytime they come through the door? no you ban them and allow the rest to enjoy your pub.

Maybe some of the stewards feel like that but I doubt very much the grunts getting paid a few quid to stand there on a match day actually have any say in the club policies. Those that get the say will be the ones that were already busy for the whole game anyway.

There's no need for conspiracy theories about the club setting it up to fail. It was blindingly obvious that there needed to be no incidents at all in the first few games and that wasn't the case. The result is neither surprising nor unfair.

Just saying what a steward told me, not my words.

How so? There's no way you can get near opposition fans from the lower dolman. It's a completely different thing.

there is a danger of the opposition players getting attacked, there are a growing number of kids

getting in to the corner of the lower dolman it is a concern as again the steward told me and why we are

over focused on the EE (AGAIN HIS WORDS).

On Saturday, it wasnt just a handful of fans doing it. People have to stop blaming it on a few chavvy kids and realise its full grown man who stupid, selfish actions are ruining it for people like you who have worked hard to open it.

Fair enough but if you do it you should be told you face a 3 year ban.

It seemed more then 'a few spotty 15 year old chavs' it usually gets blamed on.

The Police should get on with the job they're paid to do.......

This country's hopelessly corrupt Police are paid to enforce the law. So why is the illegal fox and stag hunting with vicious packs of dogs being allowed to continue ????!!!! Could it be that the people doing the hunting are the puppet masters of our Police? I.e. the toff and snob inbreds that run this country's criminal justice system thus making it the most corrupt and class based in Western Europe !!!!!

The Police should get on with the job they're paid to do.......

This country's hopelessly corrupt Police are paid to enforce the law. So why is the illegal fox and stag hunting with vicious packs of dogs being allowed to continue ????!!!! Could it be that the people doing the hunting are the puppet masters of our Police? I.e. the toff and snob inbreds that run this country's criminal justice system thus making it the most corrupt and class based in Western Europe !!!!!

What the hell has that got to do with this thread?

What the hell has that got to do with this thread?

It's a class issue - get on with arresting the toff and snob inbreds that hunt foxes and stags with vicious packs of dogs. No wonder people have little respect for the Police these days when they're openly seen to be harassing football supporters with petty edicts and not arresting the real criminals.

hmmm the away fans don't seem to be thinking they were rushed at quite the cotary

as they seem to be more impressed by our non music playing after goals scored,

our cider song and more to the point our atmospere generated, one burnley fan quote saying

''WE WERE OUT SUNG''

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?...;mid=2131918837

"We don't need music here, we generate our own atmosphere," is what he said. And they did, and it is a real football ground with real, genuine, spontaneous atmosphere.

Thought they outsung us in our stand for much of the game. They seemed to have a repertiore, I liked the Cider song!! Agree that segregated fans in the same stand can make their own atmosphere without prompting from MCs.

The truth is with those Burnley fans there was great banter and songs being exchanged and we gave them a right go atmostpherically. I don't care if the Dolman, Williams and Ateyo couldn't hear us because the Burnley fans could so no doubt the players could. We need more in there but at the end of the day its tons better than 10 of us in the williams, 25 in the dolman and 15 in the Ateyo attempting to sing like last season...

if they coat the barrier with none drying paint then noone would go near it. Simple fix really.

Anti-climb paint is not allowed to be applied to surfaces lower than two meters, and contains carcinogens, so the club could potentially be liable to legal action, should they use it.

hmmm the away fans don't seem to be thinking they were rushed at quite the cotary

as they seem to be more impressed by our non music playing after goals scored,

our cider song and more to the point our atmospere generated, one burnley fan quote saying

''WE WERE OUT SUNG''

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?...;mid=2131918837

And why was that comment made because of the so called idiots in the east end singing, brand the ee by a few but no matter how you look at it whether there be 10 fans in there or a 1000 they sing for 95 mins while the other 16,000around the ground sit with a bovril and a pie letting off the occasional oooooooow or aaaahhhhhhh.

There's no need for conspiracy theories about the club setting it up to fail. It was blindingly obvious that there needed to be no incidents at all in the first few games and that wasn't the case. The result is neither surprising nor unfair.

/quote]

I would not go into conspiracy theories but the £105 for an u16 season ticket in the Atyeo and the £185 in the East End along with other price differenes told a story which was never explained by City.

The failure to answer to approaches from supporters groups about inadequate safety v QPR also seems to highlight at best poor pr.

So again how will City accommodate fans with families in the East End who now cannot get in? Then If there are concerns about behaviour Bristol City should be pro active and work with supporters groups.

Opening the East End to me looks like a excersise and until the club actually start explaining decisions suspicion will arise.

I would not go into conspiracy theories but the £105 for an u16 season ticket in the Atyeo and the £185 in the East End along with other price differenes told a story which was never explained by City.

Seems obvious to me, they don't want lots of U16s running around in there and they have to charge the same as they want to charge away fans.

The failure to answer to approaches from supporters groups about inadequate safety v QPR also seems to highlight at best poor pr.

I don't know exactly who approached them or what was said.

From the club's point of view, how exactly were safety arrangements no different to the rest of the ground so inadequate that they caused people to get themselves arrested?

It's not safety is it? It's just removing one of the many ways people can be stupid. Do that and they'll just find another way.

I think the club have run out of patience and to be honest the people who should get the blame for that are the morons who can't control themselves.

So again how will City accommodate fans with families in the East End who now cannot get in? Then If there are concerns about behaviour Bristol City should be pro active and work with supporters groups.

Opening the East End to me looks like a excersise and until the club actually start explaining decisions suspicion will arise.

The club opened the East End after inordinate amounts of pressure from supporters. They listened and relented. Eventually and reluctantly it has to be said.

Some of those who went into the East End repaid that by acting like idiots. They lacked either the self control to behave or the common sense to realise the consequences of not behaving. Either way, because of them, we're past the point now where the club are going to accommodate anyone regarding the East End and I think you're pointing fingers in the wrong direction.

I was 100% behind opening that stand to home fans, I signed the petition and made sure about a dozen others did too, but it seems that unfortunately a small minority have wrecked it for everyone else. I think it's harsh to blame the club now, they gave it a go and it didn't work. Frankly I'll be glad when the subject is killed off by the stand being rebuilt.

Seems obvious to me, they don't want lots of U16s running around in there and they have to charge the same as they want to charge away fans.

I don't know exactly who approached them or what was said.

From the club's point of view, how exactly were safety arrangements no different to the rest of the ground so inadequate that they caused people to get themselves arrested?

It's not safety is it? It's just removing one of the many ways people can be stupid. Do that and they'll just find another way.

I think the club have run out of patience and to be honest the people who should get the blame for that are the morons who can't control themselves.

The club opened the East End after inordinate amounts of pressure from supporters. They listened and relented. Eventually and reluctantly it has to be said.

Some of those who went into the East End repaid that by acting like idiots. They lacked either the self control to behave or the common sense to realise the consequences of not behaving. Either way, because of them, we're past the point now where the club are going to accommodate anyone regarding the East End and I think you're pointing fingers in the wrong direction.

I was 100% behind opening that stand to home fans, I signed the petition and made sure about a dozen others did too, but it seems that unfortunately a small minority have wrecked it for everyone else. I think it's harsh to blame the club now, they gave it a go and it didn't work. Frankly I'll be glad when the subject is killed off by the stand being rebuilt.

It has worked, GJ has praised the support there so have the players and the away supporters,

i really don't read anywhere that burnley were scared of the mass rush at them? just praise for

the atmosphere, people are talking as though there has been mass riots? this is just not the case if there has been some

over excited lads that have been on the net then they will not be seeing city games again for a while,

come on lets be realistic 4 people told off 1 arrested and may face a ban it is not a mass problem of all the stand

playing up.

It has worked, GJ has praised the support there so have the players and the away supporters,

i really don't read anywhere that burnley were scared of the mass rush at them? just praise for

the atmosphere, people are talking as though there has been mass riots? this is just not the case if there has been some

over excited lads that have been on the net then they will not be seeing city games again for a while,

come on lets be realistic 4 people told off 1 arrested and may face a ban it is not a mass problem of all the stand

playing up.

Sorry cider_head, I know you put alot of time into this and I have a great amount of respect for the effort you and North Street and the others went to to get the end opened.

I just don't think you can realistically expect the club to listen to an argument which boils down to "they weren't that naughty really though were they?".

It should have been obvious that anything less than impeccable behaviour was going to cause the club to reconsider it and if there's enough for the old bill to arrest people in each home game then it wasn't good enough end of story.

It's got nothing to do with whether Burnley are scared, or whether people get into trouble in other stands. The club are running a risk by opening the East End, one that they don't need to take. If they see that despite everything that's been said on both sides, people are still playing up however trivially, why should they bother taking the risk?

Sorry cider_head, I know you put alot of time into this and I have a great amount of respect for the effort you and North Street and the others went to to get the end opened.

I just don't think you can realistically expect the club to listen to an argument which boils down to "they weren't that naughty really though were they?".

It should have been obvious that anything less than impeccable behaviour was going to cause the club to reconsider it and if there's enough for the old bill to arrest people in each home game then it wasn't good enough end of story.

It's got nothing to do with whether Burnley are scared, or whether people get into trouble in other stands. The club are running a risk by opening the East End, one that they don't need to take. If they see that despite everything that's been said on both sides, people are still playing up however trivially, why should they bother taking the risk?

The club has to set the bench mark here for all of the stands that if you play up you face a ban

the behaviour vs qpr was very restraint considering there was no police and only 1 steward,

on a policed game and the 1 person who went near the net is now out of the club this is a good thing yes?

as the process of weeding out trouble but what is considered to be bad trouble? banter with the away fans?

you say we blame the club for the trouble? i don't, but i do for not dealing with it, i still can't get my head

around 1 person trying to run across the net to so say fight 1,500 people? hmmmm not going to work really

and at full time where is the mass riots in winterstoke road car park where there is every chance of getting

at the away fans? with no segregation?

i don't see it going on outside? which leaves me thinking of other thing we could look at is that some

could be out to sabotarge the EE just to get at fellow fans? it gets enough people winding each other up

on the internet so mabe thats the case in the EE on match days? if so i would want the club to deal with

it instead of allowing it to drag on, nip the problems in the bud now and let those who want to enjoy the

EE get on with it. Again i say if you run a pub do you kick 200 drinkers out just becuse 2 people can't

behave in the pub? thats what i'm asking, deal with the small amount as if you don't they will still play

up elswhere in ashton gate and your not solving the bigger picture.

other side of the coin that has upset fans...

The club did not even put in arrangements discussed with fans in January v QPR. Not one game has ever been in line with the Atyeo despite all the talk. It is hard to believe the club really wanted it open.

Fans have provided photographic evidence that stewarding, policing and segregation netting was not in place v QPR.This was a policed match and it was known troublemakers from QPR were in Bristol in the morning. Nothing would have happened if the club had listened to supporters.The club have been approached failed to answer any of that. If there had been a serious accident would the reaction have been to ignore all.

There was a incident yet again in the Dolman v West Brom which the club have failed to respond to, ask around Nibor you know people close to City.

What shall I tell my family, how do I get them into the East End, why are the club not talking to support in the EE.?

There has been far worse incidents in the dolman & williams (fan attacking our own player) plus away fans trouble in

the prem seating but this never triggered a shut out the fans system, why is the club not listening to fans such as myself

who are trying to help and given proof that it is not just the fans at fault? and giving ideas for soulutions which are falling on deaf ears.

The club has to set the bench mark here for all of the stands that if you play up you face a ban

the behaviour vs qpr was very restraint considering there was no police and only 1 steward,

on a policed game and the 1 person who went near the net is now out of the club this is a good thing yes?

as the process of weeding out trouble but what is considered to be bad trouble? banter with the away fans?

you say we blame the club for the trouble? i don't, but i do for not dealing with it, i still can't get my head

around 1 person trying to run across the net to so say fight 1,500 people? hmmmm not going to work really

and at full time where is the mass riots in winterstoke road car park where there is every chance of getting

i don't see it going on outside? which leaves me thinking of other thing we could look at is that some

could be out to sabotarge the EE just to get at fellow fans? it gets enough people winding each other up

on the internet so mabe thats the case in the EE on match days? if so i would want the club to deal with

it instead of allowing it to drag on, nip the problems in the bud now and let those who want to enjoy the

EE get on with it. Again i say if you run a pub do you kick 200 drinkers out just becuse 2 people can't

behave in the pub? thats what i'm asking, deal with the small amount as if you don't they will still play

The club did not even put in arrangements discussed with fans in January v QPR. Not one game has ever been in line with the Atyeo despite all the talk. It is hard to believe the club really wanted it open.

Fans have provided photographic evidence that stewarding, policing and segregation netting was not in place v QPR.This was a policed match and it was known troublemakers from QPR were in Bristol in the morning. Nothing would have happened if the club had listened to supporters.The club have been approached failed to answer any of that. If there had been a serious accident would the reaction have been to ignore all.

There was a incident yet again in the Dolman v West Brom which the club have failed to respond to, ask around Nibor you know people close to City.

What shall I tell my family, how do I get them into the East End, why are the club not talking to support in the EE.?

There has been far worse incidents in the dolman & williams (fan attacking our own player) plus away fans trouble in

the prem seating but this never triggered a shut out the fans system, why is the club not listening to fans such as myself

who are trying to help and given proof that it is not just the fans at fault? and giving ideas for soulutions which are falling on deaf ears.

Fair points raised and a quality post.

Top post just what I`ve been trying to say for weeks;

There has been arrests and ejections in other stands with no reprocusions at all for the rest of that stand; What is this vendetta this club has with the E.E :disapointed2se: the whole of the E.E or any other stand should not have to pay for the antics of a few.

It is totally unfair, so unfair I have to walk away after 40 years :(

Top post just what I`ve been trying to say for weeks;

There has been arrests and ejections in other stands with no reprocusions at all for the rest of that stand; What is this vendetta this club has with the E.E :disapointed2se: the whole of the E.E or any other stand should not have to pay for the antics of a few.

It is totally unfair, so unfair I have to walk away after 40 years :(

Nearly three weeks ago the club were contacted via the supporters trust with concerns about the policing, stewarding and segregation arrangements v QPR. This is a serious matter regarding duty of care. The club has still yet to respond!

people just want to know why? it's frustrating.

concerns of the fans in the EE.

Fine by me and I don't see any evidence of that not being the case.

No it's not a good thing. What do you mean considering there was no police? People should be not acting like tits regardless of whether old bill are there or not.

i don't see it going on outside?

Whether their actions make sense is irrelevant really, they shouldn't have been doing whatever they were doing. You can't expect the club to entertain an argument about different degrees of trouble in there when their quite reasonable point of view was that any trouble was too much.

which leaves me thinking of other thing we could look at is that some

on the internet so mabe thats the case in the EE on match days?

Oh come on, that's on a par with the moon landing being faked.

if so i would want the club to deal with

EE get on with it.

It would be nice, yes, but from the club's point of view this sort of hassle is exactly why they didn't want it open so why bother?

Again i say if you run a pub do you kick 200 drinkers out just becuse 2 people can't

Pub I used to drink in when I was a teenager went through a phase of having a brawl in the bar every Friday night for about a month. Different people involved every time, no wish to involve the police and the landlord couldn't really kick em out on his own, so he closed the bar at 10pm every Friday and had everyone move into the lounge with all the old duffers. No more brawls. It was the different environment.

Yes I am sure something went wrong with the stewarding and policing QPR game but so what?

Safety measures aren't there to stop people being d### heads. They're there to stop anyone getting hurt if someone is a d### head.

Anyone in that stand being a d### head was always going to cause a problem for that stand being open to POTD.

What happened in other stands is irrelevant. The club don't seem to have concern from the police about other stands, nor do they have opposition fans in.

Edit: Should add, the club really should respond properly to questions about stewarding for QPR but that's not going to make a blind bit of difference to getting the EE open.

Edit2: Can the mods please remove all the junk out of the swear filter it's highly irritating? There's like two words that need to be in there and that's it, the rest is just stupid.

Fine by me and I don't see any evidence of that not being the case.

No it's not a good thing. What do you mean considering there was no police? People should be not acting like tits regardless of whether old bill are there or not.

Whether their actions make sense is irrelevant really, they shouldn't have been doing whatever they were doing. You can't expect the club to entertain an argument about different degrees of trouble in there when their quite reasonable point of view was that any trouble was too much.

Oh come on, that's on a par with the moon landing being faked.

It would be nice, yes, but from the club's point of view this sort of hassle is exactly why they didn't want it open so why bother?

Pub I used to drink in when I was a teenager went through a phase of having a brawl in the bar every Friday night for about a month. Different people involved every time, no wish to involve the police and the landlord couldn't really kick em out on his own, so he closed the bar at 10pm every Friday and had everyone move into the lounge with all the old duffers. No more brawls. It was the different environment.

Yes I am sure something went wrong with the stewarding and policing QPR game but so what?

Safety measures aren't there to stop people being d### heads. They're there to stop anyone getting hurt if someone is a d### head.

Anyone in that stand being a d### head was always going to cause a problem for that stand being open to POTD.

What happened in other stands is irrelevant. The club don't seem to have concern from the police about other stands, nor do they have opposition fans in.

Edit: Should add, the club really should respond properly to questions about stewarding for QPR but that's not going to make a blind bit of difference to getting the EE open.

Edit2: Can the mods please remove all the junk out of the swear filter it's highly irritating? There's like two words that need to be in there and that's it, the rest is just stupid.

I respect your opinion but not sure we will agree on this issue.

Safety measure are there to ensure the safety of fans and control supporters! The QPR game was a policed match so the possibilty of trouble had been identified. The police stewards and segregation were not in place as expected. Thankfully City were not playing Cardiff. It could have been very serious, fans expected proper precautions to be in place v QPR in the East End and got less than the match v Brentford. Why have arrangements changed suddenly? If that is not very serious I do not know what is also we paid for it.

You have not explained why people cannot even take their families in the East End.

What “if” fans have got in the East End via the Dolman to cause trouble?

If people misbehave ban them but do not punish and entire stand when there is also a failing on the clubs part.

This is still not in the context of a ''riot'' in the EE no punches, no missiles, no fighting we need the trouble

put in to context as none of the above is going on, jumping on the net by 1 person and some gesturing which is returned

by away fans as banter, so is this now the new football violence? it's all blown out of proportion.

Do you know what is going on in this stand? just interested

Below all this fuss for a league 1 fixture but suddenly they can't control the EE?

other stands have been a bigger problem in the eyes of the club or police

robo cop police vs swansea in the williams no EE open to city

Swansea bought in by busses on, the club did get info from the police

of concerns in other stands, and may i say some of the people in the pictures

have stayed out of the EE.

10004253oz.jpg

stewards & police hassle fans in the williams the same game

10004482on.jpg

10004474jz.jpg

10004467wy.jpg

10004282tr.jpg

10004278ou.jpg

10004305hz.jpg

now lets take a look at the dolman.

10004421ot.jpg

10004403yl.jpg

picture264oy.jpg

picture283al.jpg

picture273ai.jpg

What a diddy lens on that Avon and Somerset Gestapo camera !!!!

oblk9.jpg

When I was walking out of the pub at Port Vale last season a copper had a camera with a 6 inch diameter lens - every wart and puss filled zit on my face could be shown in glorious crystal clear clarity using that camera. :winner_third_h4h:

some of those stills I believe are from one of my videos on youtube think I have another one on my phone which shows no stewards what so ever on our side will have a look and upload.

Why were the stewards/police slow in turning up? as there is no doubt, hardly any were in position, when most of the fans were; before 2.45.

The netting as well was wholly inadaquet, hardly long enough to reach the front or back of the stand; ?

Still unanswered questions and main factors in pre match surges that brought subsequent banning from that stand of mostly innocent p.o.d. fans :disapointed2se:

Archived