IGNORED

Wolves - Away Allocation

NickJ

Just sent an email to Wolves asking why they wont give us more tickets.

Their average crowd is 23,000, with a capacity of 29,000, so they are clearly not going to sell out with their fans.

Even allowing for segregation, it doesnt make much sense.

Other than a deliberate policy to restrict the number of away fans, for whatever reason.

I reckon we could sell another 1,500.

Just had a mate call me asking if I knew of any spare tickets, like me he's been to every game this season, home and away.

He hadnt got his tickets for Wolves yet.

If he cant get a ticket with the City fans, he will defo go in the home end. Don't suppose he will be the only one. Is that want Wolves want?

i think that the club should say that we will give the same % of our ground as they give to us.

2,600=about 9%

so then if we give them 9%=1,700 only.

fair enough init.

Yeh, like Sextoy's going to agree with that...

££££££££££££££££££££

Just had a mate call me asking if I knew of any spare tickets, like me he's been to every game this season, home and away.

He hadnt got his tickets for Wolves yet.

If he cant get a ticket with the City fans, he will defo go in the home end. Don't suppose he will be the only one. Is that want Wolves want?

Too right. I know a fair few who are going to POTD in Home end so they can get to watch the game.

My boss is a Wolves s/t holder and he reliably informs me that Wolves never issue more than approx 2700 to away fans, even WBA/Villa etc never get more.We are the first club this season to sell our entire allocation, and I'm gutted cos I aint got one!!

Seems a bit tight as an assured 3750 away fans pre-sold for example must be better than hoping for a sizeable 'walk up', which Wolves apparantly do not have, with 18000 s/t holders and gates of approx 22000, including away support.

We have given you as many tickets as we can and are allowed to give you. No other club have had a problem with ticket allocation for league matches. Due to safety reasons a couple of hundred seats in the tier housing the away fans will be fenced off as will a few hundred in the tier above to stop fans chucking objects at the fans below. This lowers the capacity of the stadium to 28000.

As for this game i can imagine there will be 27000+ tickets sold for a stadium that holds 28000.

The only other part of the stadium that is set up to house away fans is the Jack Harris flank. But if we gave you that part aswel then your allocation would be above the 10% marker, Also the WM Police will no longer police games at Molineux if the away fans are housed in 2 seperate areas of the ground. 2,600 is the minimum amount we are allowed to give you.

The only other part of the stadium that is set up to house away fans is the Jack Harris flank. But if we gave you that part aswel then your allocation would be above the 10% marker, Also the WM Police will no longer police games at Molineux if the away fans are housed in 2 seperate areas of the ground. 2,600 is the minimum amount we are allowed to give you.

What a lot of b@&%cks!!! I went up with a mate who is a Wolves fan to watch the derby with WBA last season. The WBA fans were in the South Bank so why couldnt we have that?!

What a lot of b@&%cks!!! I went up with a mate who is a Wolves fan to watch the derby with WBA last season. The WBA fans were in the South Bank so why couldnt we have that?!

Different ticketing regulations.

That was the FA Cup game where the ticketing allocation has to be 15%( Larger than a league game can be)

Its the same reason why for a league game at old trafford you would get only 3000 tickets but a cup game would get over 9000.

Why should be give you more tickets than you are allowed? Also why should we have to move thousands of season ticket holders out of the south bank just to please Bristol City?

Is there any history of trouble between us and wolves? I've been goiing for 20 odd years and can never remember problems down here or up there?

Just seems a strange decision not to give us the full allocation.

Well there was the mascot incident a few years back.

Heard the City cat is going to take some mates with him and give that Wolves Wolf a kicking :boxing:

Different ticketing regulations.

That was the FA Cup game where the ticketing allocation has to be 15%( Larger than a league game can be)

Its the same reason why for a league game at old trafford you would get only 3000 tickets but a cup game would get over 9000.

Why should be give you more tickets than you are allowed? Also why should we have to move thousands of season ticket holders out of the south bank just to please Bristol City?

I didnt know there was anything about a maximum allocation, but for league games usually have to offer 10% of the capacity to the away side. Else when we played forest away last season we would have only been able to of had about 2,800 tickets yet we took over 4000 in the away end.

I didnt know there was anything about a maximum allocation, but for league games usually have to offer 10% of the capacity to the away side. Else when we played forest away last season we would have only been able to of had about 2,800 tickets yet we took over 4000 in the away end.

There isnt a maximum allocation but there is a minimum that the club HAS to give. We have met that amount so whats the problem with everyone on here wanting more?

There isnt a maximum allocation but there is a minimum that the club HAS to give. We have met that amount so whats the problem with everyone on here wanting more?

You won't get anywhere near selling out your ends so it doesn't make very good business sense to limit our allocation. We gave Southampton 3000, boosted the crowd and boosted our income.

Bit of a shocker that little old Bristol City can give 3000 to away fans and yet Wolves, the 'big club', can only hold 2,600. Nice one!

We have given you as many tickets as we can and are allowed to give you. No other club have had a problem with ticket allocation for league matches. Due to safety reasons a couple of hundred seats in the tier housing the away fans will be fenced off as will a few hundred in the tier above to stop fans chucking objects at the fans below. This lowers the capacity of the stadium to 28000.

As for this game i can imagine there will be 27000+ tickets sold for a stadium that holds 28000.

No other club has had a problem because no other club in this league, West Brom excepted, would bring 4,000 fans up the motorway to Molineux next Saturday. We would have hence the questioning of the ticket allocation. Wolves is one of our shortest trips and with us flying at the moment demand has far outstripped supply.

No other club has had a problem because no other club in this league, West Brom excepted, would bring 4,000 fans up the motorway to Molineux next Saturday. We would have hence the questioning of the ticket allocation. Wolves is one of our shortest trips and with us flying at the moment demand has far outstripped supply.

West brom only get 2,600 for a league match here and their fans don't complain.

Most clubs house away fans in a stand behind the goal which give them the chance to alter the amount they give out. Molineux was never designed to do that as out away fans are housed in the side stand.

If you have a cup match here and the building work behind the south bank is complete then you can have 4,500 tickets in the south bank.

Its a league game you have your tickets from what i have read they were on sale for a long time and only late commers missed out.

There will be a 1000 spare seats at the most for the game, But its not worth the hassle to move loads of season ticket holders out of there seats at such short notice. Plus the police wouldnt allow us to stage a football match where the away fans are held in two seperate areas of the ground.

Do you guys have any ways around this that will be easy for the club to do?

Also i would like to add that trying to stage a football match when the west midlands police are involved is a nightmare.

West brom only get 2,600 for a league match here and their fans don't complain.

Most clubs house away fans in a stand behind the goal which give them the chance to alter the amount they give out. Molineux was never designed to do that as out away fans are housed in the side stand.

If you have a cup match here and the building work behind the south bank is complete then you can have 4,500 tickets in the south bank.

Its a league game you have your tickets from what i have read they were on sale for a long time and only late commers missed out.

There will be a 1000 spare seats at the most for the game, But its not worth the hassle to move loads of season ticket holders out of there seats at such short notice. Plus the police wouldnt allow us to stage a football match where the away fans are held in to seperate areas of the ground.

Do you guys have any ways around this that will be easy for the club to do?

Also i would like to add that trying to stage a football match when the west midlands police are involved is a nightmare.

Didn't realise how your ground is set up and if there's only 1,000 empty seats then it's not surprising. It just seemed strange not to offer more tickets if there will be empty seats in the same stand.

Believe me city fans know all about the west midlands gestapo after their persecution against Walsall a season or two back.

Didn't realise how your ground is set up and if there's only 1,000 empty seats then it's not surprising. It just seemed strange not to offer more tickets if there will be empty seats in the same stand.

Believe me city fans know all about the west midlands gestapo after their persecution against Walsall a season or two back.

Ye there will be no empty seats in your tier (steve bull lower) but there will be a few seasts fenced off on the back row ( for safety reasons). There will be empty seats in the steve bull upper (about 200 either end) but that stand is not set up to home both home and away fans.

West Brom should of had 4,500 tickets for the play off game but we could only give them 2,700 due to building work being carried out at a near by hotel at the back of the south bank. If West brom couldnt get their full 15% for the play off match then there is very little hope of any club getting more than 2,700 for a league game.

Hope you enjoy the game.

The only other part of the stadium that is set up to house away fans is the Jack Harris flank. But if we gave you that part as well then your allocation would be above the 10% marker, Also the WM Police will no longer police games at Molineux if the away fans are housed in 2 seperate areas of the ground. 2,600 is the minimum amount we are allowed to give you.

On what basis do you say you wil get 27,000 for this game. Your 6 home league games this season have all been between a low of 21,352 and a high of 24,338 (this being a local derby with Coventry, as well). And you got walloped today.

Admit it, you're just frightened we will take over your stadium.

You might get 27,000, if you let us have the tickets.

Err, because we can sell a lot more, perhaps?

Took 3,500 to Coventry, your ground is closer and we are now doing even better. We took 4,000 to Forest last season, we'd probably take the same to Molineux.

But instead Wolves want to have several thousand empty seats. :dunno:

Is there any history of trouble between us and wolves? I've been goiing for 20 odd years and can never remember problems down here or up there?

Just seems a strange decision not to give us the full allocation.

I don't know about the allocation, but in addition to Wolfie and the Pigs, there was some nasty violence in 1977 (first game of the season in Div 1?) when the Merchant Venturer (now the Colliseum) opposite Redliffe Church got trashed by Wolves fans walking from Temple Meads.

Apparently, a group of City fans in the pub and on the terrace at the front, kicked off and the Wolves fans just attacked the pub and completely trashed the front bar. One poor lad was stabbed.

I was employed there as an evening barman and when I arrived for my shift that evening, I was gobsmacked at the sheer destruction - only the rear bar was open that night and it was the beginning of the end for the landlord and his wife. She almost had a breakdown and not long after they packed it in.

As the security services now dicate safety requirements for football grounds

I can only think that if the City did get an extra 1,000 tickets which wolves

would make 27,000 quid

I would guess the security services would say we then need an extra XXX

amount of security staff and thats going to cost you 27,000 quid

So it ain't know use getting 27,000 in if you have to pay out 27,000

Very few clubs would turn up there noses up at an extra 27,000 pounds in this day and age

just a thought

I don't know about the allocation, but in addition to Wolfie and the Pigs, there was some nasty violence in 1977 (first game of the season in Div 1?) when the Merchant Venturer (now the Colliseum) opposite Redliffe Church got trashed by Wolves fans walking from Temple Meads.

Apparently, a group of City fans in the pub and on the terrace at the front, kicked off and the Wolves fans just attacked the pub and completely trashed the front bar. One poor lad was stabbed.

I was employed there as an evening barman and when I arrived for my shift that evening, I was gobsmacked at the sheer destruction - only the rear bar was open that night and it was the beginning of the end for the landlord and his wife. She almost had a breakdown and not long after they packed it in.

yes but its 2007 not 1997 things have moved on a bit

>>>>>>Believe me city fans know all about the west midlands gestapo after their persecution against Walsall a season or two back.>>>>>

Yes but they didn't persecute for long though, a week later all but 2 of the cases were thrown out of court and I for one got the princely sum of £350 for my wrongful arrest.

Err, because we can sell a lot more, perhaps?

Took 3,500 to Coventry, your ground is closer and we are now doing even better. We took 4,000 to Forest last season, we'd probably take the same to Molineux.

But instead Wolves want to have several thousand empty seats. :dunno:

Ok then you obviously have not read my posts so far on this thread so i will say it once more.

There are NO spare seats left in the stand you will be housed in. And the Police wont let away fans to be housed in two seperate areas of the stadium. ( thank Man utd for that)

We couldnt house you in any other part of the ground as the stadium is only set up to hold away fans in either the steve bull lower (2,600) OR the south bank flank (1,700).

For an FA cup match the away fans now get the whole of the south bank (4,800).

Archived