IGNORED

Wolves - Away Allocation

NickJ

look mate I'm only saying what to expect i know your coming up for a good day out just like the majority of fans going but these litle idiots hit out at anything women kids people with the wrong face ect .i remember going to ashton gate years ago well 88/89 we won 1-0 and al of a sudden lightbulbs and any other missisles came at us now i know times have changed but wolves still have these young hangers on.

lets hope for a good exciting game ay and plenty of goals as long as we get 1 more than you.

Well, roger that then Nick.

Nothing better than aving a good drink with a few rival fans, rather than trying to kick the s h i t e out each other.

Get yerselve in a lot of trouble, and could end up costly.

Wolves was always going to be a game City fans were "up" for, you are a club with tradition.

Cant wait, and if we get nothing, so be it.

The sad side of Bristol (Rovers) jealous as a badgers arse......... :innocent06:

oh yer tha gas heads :laugh: do you lot really hate them as much as we hate the sh.it?

would you rather them be in the same league as you or would you like to see them go down and down. my mate plays for them Craig Hinton so be nice.

It's not a case of having to "want" to see them go down. They're managing to do it all by themselves at the moment. Whilst derby games are nice we get more than enough big games in this league not to worry about missing them too much. As for Craig Hinton, I think he has been out of the picture lately and the few Gasheads I know see him as a squad player rather than a first teamer. I know you said he's your mate - perhaps he needs a move to a club where they play football on a proper pitch rather than a ploughed rugby field!!

There isnt a maximum allocation but there is a minimum that the club HAS to give. We have met that amount so whats the problem with everyone on here wanting more?

On The Internet Ground Guide it says that Molineux's away end can take up to 3,200.

It has to be down to the Midlands Police and the continuing hard line they have always had towards Bristol City matches.

Well, roger that then Nick.

Nothing better than aving a good drink with a few rival fans, rather than trying to kick the s h i t e out each other.

Get yerselve in a lot of trouble, and could end up costly.

Wolves was always going to be a game City fans were "up" for, you are a club with tradition.

Cant wait, and if we get nothing, so be it.

The sad side of Bristol (Rovers) jealous as a badgers arse......... :innocent06:

if you are coming up mate keep out the town center or you can go in the goalpost by the ground ive seen a few away fans in there

as long as city fans do not go looking for it or mouthin off too much in goups there shouldnt be any trouble.

Contrary to what that poster said, safer wearing colours than not in my opinion.

so reanswolf you saying if you was an away fan at the mol you would walk away from the ground with your shirt showing after a victory i for one wouldnt your either brave or daft.

how come you don't rite on wolvesfc board anymore.

oh and lads feel free to come and have a look at www.wolvesfc.co.uk normally good banter on the msg board

It's not a case of having to "want" to see them go down. They're managing to do it all by themselves at the moment. Whilst derby games are nice we get more than enough big games in this league not to worry about missing them too much. As for Craig Hinton, I think he has been out of the picture lately and the few Gasheads I know see him as a squad player rather than a first teamer. I know you said he's your mate - perhaps he needs a move to a club where they play football on a proper pitch rather than a ploughed rugby field!!

i know mate spoke to him the other day to be fair he has been injured lately and has been offered a move away but to a lower league club,he's to busy having a drink now than playing football.:laugh:

hello boys good win on saterday now 2nd and 6 points clear of 6th.

going to be very good game on saterday and wovles why cant they give us more becase we are the ciderheads and we will sell it all up the boys

come on city

Hi Wolves Nik got sick of being told I wasnt registered on that site.

Mate I just think you are in danger of exaggerating a problem. Many fans have been to Molineux in last few years and said Wolves fans have been dead friendly. As with anywhere it is impossible to guarantee ones safety (indeed my worst experience was at Ashton Gate in 1980's when 70 City hooligans bottled 4 of us playing cards in a pub before a game).

There were unsavoury incidents a few years back where Wolves yobs took on away fans coming out on mass - WBA, Pompey, Sheff Utd, which got us a bad rep as innocent women and kids got caught up . The same as we had at leeds, Stoke & Blues. Whilst there are undoubtedly young chavs who might want a fight (unless someone challenges them) I think its over the top to say women and kids get purposelyhit thats all. Its never been the case Nick. Not saying their aint bin verbals though.

Yes Molineux can be quite hostile if other teams start up, or if they are overly gobby in the ground, but this is true of many many places. Common sense is needed as with anywhere but it aint a Millwall, and 95% of Wolves fans are sound as a pound!

Keep up. Of course it's our cup final. We are the Dog and Duck FC and it is absolutely fantastic for us to follow our small time pub team to such a massive club as Wolverhampton Wanderers with their massive ground (that only holds 2,700 away fans) and with their recent tradition of top four Premiership finishes. We really feel lucky to be in the presence of big club supporters like yourselves. I mean, none of us have ever been to a ground that holds a whopping 29,000 before and I'm sure that our players, still suffering a hangover from the p1$$ up they have organised the night before the match (you see they don't take football that seriously), will be awe struck. I'm sure they'll freeze at the thought of having to play a club that has got to be one of the biggest in the land. And against household names in gold shirts that just trip off the tongue.

Then again you could be talking b0ll0x.

Greebo, is it my turn to take the King Sized Whopper Burgers with quadruple fries to our city players just before kick off with a can of special brew or is it your turn? I forget...

Oh and I got the Blackthorn extra strength for Byfield, Trundle and Sproule. Don't forget to collect if its your turn my babber.

so reanswolf you saying if you was an away fan at the mol you would walk away from the ground with your shirt showing after a victory i for one wouldnt your either brave or daft.

how come you don't rite on wolvesfc board anymore.

oh and lads feel free to come and have a look at www.wolvesfc.co.uk normally good banter on the msg board

yeah come on reanswolf, he needs you on his forum

he's even been tempting gasheads on to there with promises of naked pictures of holloway

any one would think they are off to a cup final then again this is a cup final to them aint it,coming to a big club nice ground etc.

Haha!! Nice ground??!! You still have bloody great banks of grass forming part of your "nice ground"! I not seen that since last visited the Mem!! Big ground maybe - but 'nice' ground is pushing it.

Unfortunately what was a heated discussion has been hijacked by a 14 year old, but thanks to those who have constructively argued the Wolves point. The way I see it you have offered us what you HAVE to offer us, and aren't prepared to go any further to satisfy our desire for more tickets.

That is of course Wolves perogative being as you're the home team - but of course there is going to be an amount of disappointment from City fans who expected a bigger allowance based on the ground capacity of Molineux.

Haha!! Nice ground??!! You still have bloody great banks of grass forming part of your "nice ground"! I not seen that since last visited the Mem!! Big ground maybe - but 'nice' ground is pushing it.

Unfortunately what was a heated discussion has been hijacked by a 14 year old, but thanks to those who have constructively argued the Wolves point. The way I see it you have offered us what you HAVE to offer us, and aren't prepared to go any further to satisfy our desire for more tickets.

That is of course Wolves perogative being as you're the home team - but of course there is going to be an amount of disappointment from City fans who expected a bigger allowance based on the ground capacity of Molineux.

and who are you referring to as the 14 year old?

so you say you understand why you have only so many tickets but your still banging your gums about it.

i find this pretty funny really as wolves would sell well over 6000 tickets at your place and you would actually have them 6000 seats spare as you don't fill your ground ,but will we be allowed to have them ? no

oh by the way I'm 32

and who are you referring to as the 14 year old?

so you say you understand why you have only so many tickets but your still banging your gums about it.

i find this pretty funny really as wolves would sell well over 6000 tickets at your place and you would actually have them 6000 seats spare as you don't fill your ground ,but will we be allowed to have them ? no

oh by the way I'm 32

Was actually talking about Bristolmad666, but your earlier posts weren't much better.

Think he was referring to the cyber warrior stating he would be doing the chasing, not you nik.

I don't even like Molineux either, but hey be fair City lads its not us making a big deal about coming to Molineux. I have admitted we are not a big club (we clearly are not), its not a great stadium (too far from pitch), its not a derby but reachable quite easily, yet many are kickin up a fuss about tickets.

Just an observation. I was at the Southampton match on Wednesday when the announcer told us that the Wolves away allocation was sold out. I thought to myself, "You prat. The Wolves match is only 10 days away. Why didn't you get the tickets earlier?" Wolves' policy is clearly 2,600+ away fans. End of. Over 170 posts with poor old Kidder having to explain over and over why it is 2,600+. (You must be a teacher, mate. Noone else would have the patience.)

Living in the Midlands I was looking forward to the game so I was really cheesed off that I hadn't thought to forward plan a little better. BUT a happy ending. Thursday morning, a BCFC text alert on my computer. 25 single tickets still available! I rang up and got three of them! How good is that? Otherwise it was ring up Wolves for home end tickets. I hope all the BC fans who have got home tickets behave themselves. It's damn hard to sit on your hands when BC score a goal. Did it at Wycombe & Walsall. My mate had to keep hold of my coat!

What am I saying? If you want an away ticket in future buy the thing the day it's released! That's my action plan sorted!

Just an observation. I was at the Southampton match on Wednesday when the announcer told us that the Wolves away allocation was sold out. I thought to myself, "You prat. The Wolves match is only 10 days away. Why didn't you get the tickets earlier?" Wolves' policy is clearly 2,600+ away fans. End of. Over 170 posts with poor old Kidder having to explain over and over why it is 2,600+. (You must be a teacher, mate. Noone else would have the patience.)

Living in the Midlands I was looking forward to the game so I was really cheesed off that I hadn't thought to forward plan a little better. BUT a happy ending. Thursday morning, a BCFC text alert on my computer. 25 single tickets still available! I rang up and got three of them! How good is that? Otherwise it was ring up Wolves for home end tickets. I hope all the BC fans who have got home tickets behave themselves. It's damn hard to sit on your hands when BC score a goal. Did it at Wycombe & Walsall. My mate had to keep hold of my coat!

What am I saying? If you want an away ticket in future buy the thing the day it's released! That's my action plan sorted!

you will need a supporter number for the home ends mate.

so all this fuss and there was still tickets left on thursday morning :laugh: well m42 i hope you have a great day out but not a very good result mate.

so all this fuss and there was still tickets left on thursday morning :laugh: well m42 i hope you have a great day out but not a very good result mate.

Why would you need a supporter number to get tickets for this game? As last season i got wolves tickets for the game against Birmingham without ever being to Molineux before which i would have thought would have been a more high profile game than us on saturday.

Just remembered. Went to Crewe last season after away allocation "sold out" when it wasn't. Got a supporters number on the phone when I booked 2 tickets for their main stand (excellent it was, too). Quoted the supporters number when I got to the ticket office. Job done. Had to sit on my hands there too!

Thank you Wolves Nik. I'm sure that it will be a great day, especially as we are being chauffeured by a Wolves fan who is also a man of the cloth!! As for the result, Gary J says it is OK for us to go on dreaming the dream! If we do get the three points I wonder if our chauffeur will be able to turn the other cheek & drive us back home..........?

Just sent an email to Wolves asking why they wont give us more tickets.

Their average crowd is 23,000, with a capacity of 29,000, so they are clearly not going to sell out with their fans.

Even allowing for segregation, it doesnt make much sense.

Other than a deliberate policy to restrict the number of away fans, for whatever reason.

I reckon we could sell another 1,500.

found this on the burnley board says it all really doesnt it .

Re: I JUST HOPE YOU HAVE 5000 SEATS SPARE

Posted by: borat (IP Logged)

Date: 28 October, 2007 18:31

they wont bring that many up here anyway i reckon about 700

www.englandmad.co.uk

www.burnleyfootballclub.com

pride,passion,belief

Why would you need a supporter number to get tickets for this game? As last season i got wolves tickets for the game against Birmingham without ever being to Molineux before which i would have thought would have been a more high profile game than us on saturday.

its all changed this season mate to get a supporter num you need to go into the ticket office in person and then after that to get tickets you have to prove that you have been to games before its al very confusing but if you call the ticket office I'm sure they will tell you.

its like when cardiff were banned from the mol last season they had no chance of getting in the ground .

Over 170 posts with poor old Kidder having to explain over and over why it is 2,600+. (You must be a teacher, mate. Noone else would have the patience.)

I just don't see the point in losing it and acting all big over the net. I bit my tongue and kept explaining it as i was just trying to help the fans on here understand the situation. It worked with some but other chose to ignore me. thats just life i guess.

thanks for the nice comments left by a few city fans on here about me.

I would just like to add that Molineux wasnt designed poorly but designed with a bit of nievity as i think the past owner expected us to get into the prem and stay there and sell out every week. Luckly the club looks after its fans when it comes to ticket allocation.

Trust be its a massive bonus having home fans in both ends behind the goals. Its an advantage we are unwilling to give up.

here here kiddy, like you i feel whats the point of gobbin off on internet boards - nothin wrong with a bit of banter though.

I think there will be a few city fans in the side stands (other than their own allocation of course), but probaly via Wolves mates. i might be wrong though they may somehow manage to get in.

I am lookin forward to this game, i have a sneeking feeling you will win this one.

I just don't see the point in losing it and acting all big over the net. I bit my tongue and kept explaining it as i was just trying to help the fans on here understand the situation. It worked with some but other chose to ignore me. thats just life i guess.

thanks for the nice comments left by a few city fans on here about me.

I would just like to add that Molineux wasnt designed poorly but designed with a bit of nievity as i think the past owner expected us to get into the prem and stay there and sell out every week. Luckly the club looks after its fans when it comes to ticket allocation.

sounds badly designed to me - only letting small numbers of tickets going to away fans

if every club was as selfish as this mediocre west midlands club- football would be even worse than it is now

If you mean me I think I have been quite patient also in attempting to prove that based on your attendances this season, there would be around 8,000 seats available for away supporters, less the number required for segregation, if a way could be found to put them.

It transpires that the capacity is slightly less than quoted on your website, apparently, but the point remains it is still a significant number.

My personal motto is, if there is a problem, there is always a solution, it just hasnt been found yet.

The problem here being how to get 4,000+ Bristol City fans who would attend into the lets say now 6-7,000 spare seats when we have only been given 2,700 tickets.

We have established from your explanations that Wolves have sold reserved season tickets all over the ground and wouldnt be prepared to move them in order to accomodate away supporters, so it would seem that that is a problem.

However going on from that you have also said, effectively, that you will have around 20% more home supporters in the ground than has been the norm this season, hence there is no room for more away fans anyway.

We shall see. From my perspective, I remain of the view that there is something very wrong if there are significant numbers of empty seats on Saturday when there are equally significant numbers who would have filled them.

I'm not knocking Wolves, we had the same in fact worse at Millwall last season for example, and our own clubs policy on segregation borders on the absurd when you see a whole block of wasted seats for a capacity game.

I just think that we should challenge the extreme policies of the police and the people who run our clubs.

Archived