IGNORED

Wolves - Away Allocation

NickJ

Thanks for that, but I think you have answered the wrong question. In fact it answers a question that wasnt even being asked.

I know you don't have to give us any more than you have.

The question was why do you not want to?

Your friend kidderwolf has attempted to provide an explanation, and I sort of now understand.

As for you, I suggest you do some more homework, cos you aint very bright, are you?

kidderwolf has done his level best to explain to you the situation. its not getting throu to some of you window lickers on here especially nickj

do you want some aswell well have a seat in the southbank lads and you will get some.

Loving this!! Despite all this extra intelligence that you Wolves boys supposedly possess you do not seem to know the basics of banter - If you dish it out, you've got to take it pal. Give me the seat number in the South Bank and that means at least one more City fan can get to Molineux!!

I think the wolves fans on here maybe missing the larger picture

reducing your capacity means your reducing your income

badly designed all seater grounds are probably a major factor in this mess

mate i think your missing the bigger picture! weve got 25 mil in the bank!. and we don't need the extra income from all u bristol city fans jumping on the bandwagon

I think the wolves fans on here maybe missing the larger picture

reducing your capacity means your reducing your income

badly designed all seater grounds are probably a major factor in this mess

But Flaxy they don't need the income they've already got £25m in the bank. And a shit team to go with it.

Sits back and waits for the Wolves to bite.

But your'e right all seater grounds with reserved seating is a nonsense.

And there will be city in other parts of the ground(including me). Didn't i see someone say on here, theres a mini bus of twenty going up without away tickets :surrender:

well i aint been funny to these lads on the mini bus or any other lads who sit in the home end will it be worth spending your dole money on a day out to wolves just to get a kicking?

Lets cut out the blox and talk...no need for bad mouthing on websites.

Let me clarify again what Kiddywolf has explained...

1) Away fans have a choice - 1700 in the side of the south bank which is about one third of that stands capacity (the rest is sold out to Wolves ST holders). Or a larger 2700 in the bottom tier of the steve bull (used to be 3100 I think but police now leave 2 o r 3 rows empty to seperate this lower tier from corporate boxes). When the away team selects the larger area in the lower tier Steve Bull stand, the remaining third of the South Bank (the smaller away choice you opted NOT to go for) is given back to Wolves fans and this season it has generally sold out. It will for Saturday undoubtedly sell out.

2) WM police will not allow away fans to have both (as you would hope) because it means police monitoring two entrance areas away from each other. WM police, after trouble at the Manu cup game (when away teams can have 15%) made a decision they would NOT allow this arrangement again.

3) So, why not just give the entire South Bank over to away fans? - sounds common sense, but it would mean displacing 3500 Wolves fan ST holders. Due to the situation at point 2, WM police decided to do just this when we played WBA in the cup last year, it caused a lot of grief (11 police badly injured as 500 rioted after the game as they tried to storm the West Brom fans after the game). The South Bank is the most volatile / vocal stand. But I think police will do this again if we have the same FA cup situation again.

4) The capacity IS 28200 reduced from 28500 due to the enforced rows of empty seats in your stand. There used to be a temporary stand in a corner for our dismal one prem season that took capacity to 29,100.

5) There will NOT be obvious areas to put spare City fans next saturday. Indeed, It might have sold out if we had not been thrashed yesterday. I still think there will be 26000 plus, I expect there to be 24000 Wolves fans. There have been about 23000 Wolves fans for last 2 home games, no one has sold the 2700 away section this season. Cov and Blackpool brought under 2000 each.

6) In light of the above, although the official gate may be 2000 approx under capacity on saturday, you will only see very small areas of spare seats, probably in corners above you and corners of the Billy Quiet stand opposite you, but nowhere to say put 500 plus City fans. I have no doubt a few City fans will be scattered around.

7) Wolves are not a big club either, but we do have 18000 ST holders - not bad really when we have been stuck in this division for nearly 20 years (bar one in prem finished bottom). I know you will feel that is something you would have liked, but staleness and mediocrity have been a trademark of Wolves for years. Also, you have not normally brought anything like 2700 to Wolves, although I do appreciate that you have potential for a big club and are on a roll so could have sold more this time. Sorry.

Have a good day, just trying to be reasonable !

well i aint been funny to these lads on the mini bus or any other lads who sit in the home end will it be worth spending your dole money on a day out to wolves just to get a kicking?

Well i don't know about yourself, but some people can control their emotions. If you keep your head down, no harm done.

1) Away fans have a choice - 1700 in the side of the south bank which is about one third of that stands capacity (the rest is sold out to Wolves ST holders). Or a larger 2700 in the bottom tier of the steve bull (used to be 3100 I think but police now leave 2 o r 3 rows empty to seperate this lower tier from corporate boxes). When the away team selects the larger area in the lower tier Steve Bull stand, the remaining third of the South Bank (the smaller away choice you opted NOT to go for) is given back to Wolves fans and this season it has generally sold out. It will for Saturday undoubtedly sell out.

2) WM police will not allow away fans to have both (as you would hope) because it means police monitoring two entrance areas away from each other. WM police, after trouble at the Manu cup game (when away teams can have 15%) made a decision they would NOT allow this arrangement again.

3) So, why not just give the entire South Bank over to away fans? - sounds common sense, but it would mean displacing 3500 Wolves fan ST holders. Due to the situation at point 2, WM police decided to do just this when we played WBA in the cup last year, it caused a lot of grief (11 police badly injured as 500 rioted after the game as they tried to storm the West Brom fans after the game). The South Bank is the most volatile / vocal stand. But I think police will do this again if we have the same FA cup situation again.

4) The capacity IS 28200 reduced from 28500 due to the enforced rows of empty seats in your stand. There used to be a temporary stand in a corner for our dismal one prem season that took capacity to 29,100.

5) There will NOT be obvious areas to put spare City fans next saturday. Indeed, It might have sold out if we had not been thrashed yesterday. I still think there will be 26000 plus, I expect there to be 24000 Wolves fans. There have been about 23000 Wolves fans for last 2 home games, no one has sold the 2700 away section this season. Cov and Blackpool brought under 2000 each.

6) In light of the above, although the official gate may be 2000 approx under capacity on saturday, you will only see very small areas of spare seats, probably in corners above you and corners of the Billy Quiet stand opposite you, but nowhere to say put 500 plus City fans. I have no doubt a few City fans will be scattered around.

7) Wolves are not a big club either, but we do have 18000 ST holders - not bad really when we have been stuck in this division for nearly 20 years (bar one in prem finished bottom). I know you will feel that is something you would have liked, but staleness and mediocrity have been a trademark of Wolves for years. Also, you have not normally brought anything like 2700 to Wolves, although I do appreciate that you have potential for a big club and are on a roll so could have sold more this time. Sorry.

I think most of us get the jist really, especially after reading the above. The rest is only a bit of banter to pass the time away!!

Thanks for the mature response (same to kiddywolf). All us yokels understand the reasons why we're only getting 2700 so you don't need to repeat it again.

I think the real question is why in a big stadium you aren't set to receive big away followings.

We could easily bring 4000 to Molineux. If you ever reach the Premierbore (unlikely I agree), 2700 will not be sufficient for many games. We're just trying to get you thinking ahead. ;)

Let's hope for a good game on Saturday.

Well i don't know about yourself, but some people can control their emotions. If you keep your head down, no harm done.

i think your been abit naive to think wolves fans wont reconise a bristol fan sitting next to them as most people have season tickets at wolves. and most people who buy tickets sit in the same places.

Thanks for the mature response (same to kiddywolf). All us yokels understand the reasons why we're only getting 2700 so you don't need to repeat it again.

I think the real question is why in a big stadium you aren't set to receive big away followings.

We could easily bring 4000 to Molineux. If you ever reach the Premierbore (unlikely I agree), 2700 will not be sufficient for many games. We're just trying to get you thinking ahead. ;)

Let's hope for a good game on Saturday.

we have been in the prem mate and yes 2700 is enough for away followings just like man ure give 3000 to away teams ,if you are in the top 2 come may unlikely i know wil you still be taking 4000 away or getting the big crowds of 14000 at home ,i doubt it.

Archived