NickJ

Here are your home league attendances this season, which includes away fans:

Watford 23,115

Blackpool 24,294

Hull City 21,352

Norwich 22,564

Coventry 24,338

Charlton 24,058

Taking away support out of the above would leave I estimate 20-22,000 home supporters, so an average lets say of 21,000.

What makes you think Wolves will have a sudden surge of support for a game against little Bristol City, especially following a walloping yesterday, I really don't know.

Here is an extract from your own official website:

As well as providing unobstructed views for 28,500 seated supporters, Molineux has 42 executive boxes in the Steve Bull Stand and 18 executive suites in the Billy Wright Stand.

I reckon the capacity including the boxes is in excess of 29,000, and of course the boxes will be included in the attendance figures reproduced above.

So as I said before that leaves 8,000 available for away supporters, average.

Of course you wont have 8,000 empty seats, because you have given us 2,700 of them. My point is why a way can't be found to give us more out of the 4-5,000 remaining, it's not exactly a small number.

Please you are making yourself look silly i have told you the Police wont allow you to sit anywhere else in the stadium other than the steve bull lower.

The official capacity which includeds the executive boxes IS 28,500 but as ive said in my other posts around 500 seats in the steve bull upper and lower have to be fenced off on police advice to reduce a repeat of the reading play off game where objects were chucked at the fans below. This reduces the capacity to 28,000.

Please read all the info i have given you in my other posts before posting the same questions over and over.

If their attendances are turnstile measured not ticket sale measured like ours then you can add over 2k to each of those.

Ours are ticket sale measured.

I'm not in the full facts but i think the attendance for our game last season v west brom in the league was just under 28,000 even though the game was a sell out. all tickets were counted but a number of seats have to be fenced off from now on for safety reasons

EDIT it was a 28,016 ticket sell out

We don't need the extra money. We still have £25m in the bank so financially we are doing ok i would say.

Our 2nd from last away game this season is against you IF we are challenging for a top 2 spot can we have 7,000 tickets seems as you only average about 14,000 for home games?

No i didnt think so.

You have had all the tickets your getting. I'm afraid you will just have to get used to that fact.

You will get 700 for colchester and only 1,700 for Ipswich. how are you going to cope then?

You can have 3,000 tickets, a far higher percentage of our grounds capacity than 2,600/28,000. The point is, if the dog and duck can do it, why can't mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers?

As you say though, we're not going to get anymore. The few fans we can take will do their best to cheer us to victory! 1-1 is my prediction.

We don't need the extra money. We still have £25m in the bank so financially we are doing ok i would say.

Our 2nd from last away game this season is against you IF we are challenging for a top 2 spot can we have 7,000 tickets seems as you only average about 14,000 for home games?

No i didnt think so.

You have had all the tickets your getting. I'm afraid you will just have to get used to that fact.

You will get 700 for colchester and only 1,700 for Ipswich. how are you going to cope then?

I can imagine riots.

I think you've explained the situation extremely well. It's just unfortunate that they're unable to process the information given.

It's stange how you're the only team to have moaned about the allocation isn't it?

I can imagine riots.

I think you've explained the situation extremely well. It's just unfortunate that they're unable to process the information given.

It's stange how you're the only team to have moaned about the allocation isn't it?

Not really strange, if true at all. Perfectly rational if you consider all the factors.

If their attendances are turnstile measured not ticket sale measured like ours then you can add over 2k to each of those.

Well I'm just asking the question Nibor and if you are correct that is the first sensible explanation I have had so far. Although I would question as many as 2,000.

Shame our Wolves friends couldnt come up with something like that rather than all that crap about the capacity of 29,000+ being only 28,000 really, FA cup red herrings, selling 4,000 more home tickets for us than all their other games, etc.

Well I'm just asking the question Nibor and if you are correct that is the first sensible explanation I have had so far. Although I would question as many as 2,000.

Shame our Wolves friends couldnt come up with something like that rather than all that crap about the capacity of 29,000+ being only 28,000 really, FA cup red herrings, selling 4,000 more home tickets for us than all their other games, etc.

EDIT: kidderwolf just confirmed its ticket sale measured, so your explanation is not the explanation anyway Nibor.

I can imagine riots.

are you lot just pretending to be thick?

its called segregation you can either have 2700 odd or 1600 odd you have been allocated the bottom tier of the steve bull 2700

both home ends hold about 5000 and there season ticket only so what don't you understand.

id keep off the cider if it makes you a little slow.

Well, ColinS has said non attending ticket sales are about 10% for us so I'd assume the same but Wolves fans say that number is sales anyway.

Seems like what they've done is sectioned off the smallest allowable part of the ground for away fans then sold reserved season tickets everywhere else. Not sure there's much the club can do about that particularly if the police don't want them sold.

It seems the real answer in all this is that the West Midlands Gestapo do not have the inclination to police a large away following. Given previous experiences at Walsall it could be an interesting afternoon next Saturday. Whatever you do, don't turn up with alcohol breath otherwise a weekend at Dudley Police Station and a good kicking from the local constabulary beckons. Remember, "were f00k all compared to Rovers" (I think that was their comment)!!!

Lets just hope that the 2,700 of us who are going get to cheer three more points for the Dog and Duck.

BECAUSE THE POLICE WILL NOT ALLOW US TO. :10_1_108:

I THINK I HAVE PROVED THAT BASED ON YOUR ATTENDANCES THIS SEASON THERE WILL BE AROUND 21,000 WOLVES FANS IN A 29,000 CAPACITY STADIUM. I ACCEPT THERE HAS TO BE SEGREGATION. I ACCEPT THAT INEVITABLY THERE WILL BE SOME ODD EMPTY SEATS IN CERTAIN PARTS OF THE STADIUM.

MY QUESTION IS WHY A WAY CANNOT BE FOUND TO LIMIT THE LARGE NUMBER OF UNSOLD SEATS WHEN THERE IS SUCH AN OBVIOUS DEMAND FROM CIDER COUNTRY.

I NOW ACCEPT THE EXPLANATION IS THAT YOU DO NOT WANT FIND A WAY TO SELL THEM, OK I UNDERSTAND THE EXPLANATION BUT NOT THE LOGIC OR THE RATIONALE.

:10_1_108:

I THINK I HAVE PROVED THAT BASED ON YOUR ATTENDANCES THIS SEASON THERE WILL BE AROUND 21,000 WOLVES FANS IN A 28,500 CAPACITY STADIUM. I ACCEPT THERE HAS TO BE SEGREGATION. I ACCEPT THAT INEVITABLY THERE WILL BE SOME ODD EMPTY SEATS IN CERTAIN PARTS OF THE STADIUM.

MY QUESTION IS WHY A WAY CANNOT BE FOUND TO LIMIT THE LARGE NUMBER OF UNSOLD SEATS WHEN THERE IS SUCH AN OBVIOUS DEMAND FROM CIDER COUNTRY.

I NOW ACCEPT THE EXPLANATION IS THAT YOU DO NOT WANT FIND A WAY TO SELL THEM, OK I UNDERSTAND THE EXPLANATION BUT NOT THE LOGIC OR THE RATIONALE.

I think you'll find our average has been around the 23,400 mark which isn't that bad considering we've played teams like Hull on a Tuesday who had a following of about 300 or Watford which was shown on S*y, ect...

I THINK I HAVE PROVED THAT BASED ON YOUR ATTENDANCES THIS SEASON THERE WILL BE AROUND 21,000 WOLVES FANS IN A 29,000 CAPACITY STADIUM. I ACCEPT THERE HAS TO BE SEGREGATION. I ACCEPT THAT INEVITABLY THERE WILL BE SOME ODD EMPTY SEATS IN CERTAIN PARTS OF THE STADIUM.

Please Nick, the capacity IS just a little bit over 28000 since we took out the temp seating stand and fenced off 500 seats in the steve bull stand.

There will be 2000 empty seats at the very most I'm expecting less as we have started to play better now and despite all this stuff that your a small club the fact is we are playing 2nd in the league and a win is a must for us so i expect the attendance to be the highest of the season.

The WM Police are happy to police a game where there is a large following BUT only if they are all in the one stand. The club wont move 3k STHs out of there seats and upset every fan just for the sake of a few extra thousand pounds.

Also the football league wont allow us to give the whole of the south bank ( which is the only other stand able to hold away fans) at this current time as they would only be able to use 1 turnstyle due to building work being carried out by the local council

wolves fan here!.

you bristol cabbages seem to not understand. we do not have to give you any more than the allocation we have given you i suggest you shut your mouths and enjoy coming to a proper stadium.

ohhh ark at eeee!! Were you eating cabbages yesterday at Ipswich lots of hot air blown there methinks after your 3 nil defeat. :whistle2:

wolves fan here!.

you bristol cabbages seem to not understand. we do not have to give you any more than the allocation we have given you i suggest you shut your mouths and enjoy coming to a proper stadium.

Thanks for that, but I think you have answered the wrong question. In fact it answers a question that wasnt even being asked.

I know you don't have to give us any more than you have.

The question was why do you not want to?

Your friend kidderwolf has attempted to provide an explanation, and I sort of now understand.

As for you, I suggest you do some more homework, cos you aint very bright, are you?

i think your the idiots mouthing off. u deserve this u deserve that . uve been given your allocation deal with itn why shld wolves fans have 2 move there main stand to acomodate you

Whos the idiot? Your the one on our forum giving it the big I am. Surely if your club want to fill their stadium they will accommodate fans who want to go to the game? Doesnt that make sense? Or would you rather they sit with you in the home end? Your police arent exactly the most popular in the country at the best of times so a little common sense may be worth considering. Not that it will happen.

Archived