IGNORED

He's Here

samo

No I know nothing said just said I would love it if we did sign a young striker with pace as well. :)

Someone like Garner or Vokes would probably fit the bill and the experience they'd get from playing alongside Dele would be great. Look how Mifstud plays along side him.. the perfect knock down/foil for him. Be intresting to see how he does without him at Coventry imo

If we don't get anyone else in I still think we are okay because he certainly gives something we don't have, and given a decent service (something he might not get at Cov) he'll bang a few in.

You can bet QPR aren't going to be estatic at the news thats for sure.

From his Cov OS profile;

"Possessing great strength and power, Dele joined the Sky Blues in the summer of 2003.

Standing at 6' 3" tall, the striker began his career at the highly-regarded Crewe Academy and scored 46 goals in 153 appearances for the Railwaymen before sealing a £1 million move to Birmingham in February 1998.

After netting another 42 goals in 102 matches for the Blues, Dele rejoined manager Trevor Francis at Crystal Palace but was plagued by a knee injury.

The 32-year-old had a great 2005/06, producing his trademark bustling performances upfront, which proved to be the thorn in many a Championship defence, as he ended the season with 12 goals.

And he finished 2006/07 as City leading marksman after netting nine goals, three of which were contenders for 'Goal of the Season'."

He's got 12 two years ago, then 9 last year and 6 this year (so far) at this level.

Interesting that he seems to be in the habit of scoring spectacular strikes... His goal in the FA cup V. Blackburnwas of some quality this year, maybe he tends to get great goals, even if not that many of them...

Also found this:

Joe Garner

Carlisle United have turned down an offer from Bristol City for striker Joe Garner.

Robins boss Gary Johnson is keen to sign Garner as the 19-year-old has scored an impressive 13 goals in 26 appearances so far this season.

However, Carlisle manager John Ward has no plans of letting Garner leave Brunton Park, and has rejected the approach.

"Bristol City have shown an interest in Joe but we are not interested," Ward said.

"We have aspirations of staying in the top six and Joe will have an important part to play in achieving that."

Could we do a deal for Garner with Keogh?

They wanted to sign him didn't they?

Someone like Garner or Volkes would probably fit the bill and the experience they'd get from playing alongside Dele would be great. Look how Mifstud plays along side him.. the perfect knock down/foil for him. Be intresting to see how he does without him at Coventry imo

If we don't get anyone else in I still think we are okay because he certainly gives something we don't have, and given a decent service (something he might not get at Cov) he'll bang a few in.

You can bet QPR aren't going to be estatic at the news thats for sure.

Chatting to a mate of mine yesterday who is a season ticket holder at QPR and he was hoping we wouldn't sign Adebola as he always does well against them.

Whilst on paper it looks a poor signing, GJ has a habit of making poor players play well or fit in so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He is something different to what we have, especially if Brooker doesn't make an impression.

It certainly isn't a signing for the future IMO as he is 33 soon and if we made the Prem, he would be pretty much useless.

Whilst on paper it looks a poor signing, GJ has a habit of making poor players play well or fit in so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He is something different to what we have, especially if Brooker doesn't make an impression.

It certainly isn't a signing for the future IMO as he is 33 soon and if we made the Prem, he would be pretty much useless.

If we made the prem, 70% of the team would be pretty much useless.

Lets worry about that if we (ever) get there

If we made the prem, 70% of the team would be pretty much useless.

Lets worry about that if we (ever) get there

A very good point.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves; next year is next year. Whoever helps us finish as high up the table as possible is welcome if you ask me.

Does any one know how long we have signed him for????????

Common people he is 32 years young and no goal machine!!!!!

VERY VERY DISSAPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh pack it in - he's here to do a job that GJ recognises.

if we end up with a shout at the bloody premier league then I say - whatever!

Byfield is a goal scorer, he needs someone alongside him, if it works fantastic, if not, yeah, move on

we're 2nd in the championship fer chrissake!

if this bloke plays well for 17 games thats all we may need!!!!!!

COYR!

Archived