IGNORED

Flare Thrown On The Pitch

Wardie

Cant see this posted anywhere else, but sorry if it is. Basically whoever threw that flare onto the pitch when we scored is a ########, and if you are reading this mate, think about your fellow supporters and piss off to Italy where roma fans are into that kind of thing, not Bristol City mate!!!!

We are top of the league!!!! :clapping:

Credit to the City fan who threw the firework. Totally harmless, a great throw and a big show of intent to the Charlton fans. No problem at all. If you had a problem with it - you weren't fuknig there!

What an absolutely f**ing ridiculous comment!

Totally harmless?

I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if it had landed on you!

Whoever throws something like that or condones such action deserves utter contempt.

I despair at times with some of our "fans".

And yes, I was there!

What an absolutely f**ing ridiculous comment!

Totally harmless?

I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if it had landed on you!

Whoever throws something like that or condones such action deserves utter contempt.

I despair at times with some of our "fans".

And yes, I was there!

Too right mate. I was at Cardiff Arms Park in 1995 for the Wales v Romania World Cup qualifier and was very close to the idiot who let off a rocket at the end of the match which flew across the pitch and KILLED a supporter in the opposite stand. Don't tell me that letting off fireworks at football matches isn't dangerous.

Big deal, as much as I don't like Italian Footie fans for the way English fans get treated when watching their clubs you have to admire the atmopshere they create at the stadiums with Flares, Flags etc.

Would love to see the Gate lit up like the San Siro on a Tuesday night!

And No i don't condone throwing Flares onto the pitch before some on here start slating my comments!!

Big deal, as much as I don't like Italian Footie fans for the way English fans get treated when watching their clubs you have to admire the atmopshere they create at the stadiums with Flares, Flags etc.

Would love to see the Gate lit up like the San Siro on a Tuesday night!

And No i don't condone throwing Flares onto the pitch before some on here start slating my comments!!

I concur.

Credit to the City fan who threw the firework. Totally harmless, a great throw and a big show of intent to the Charlton fans. No problem at all. If you had a problem with it - you weren't fuknig there!

Your a ######## if you condone it....

How would you feel if it gets reported to the FA and we get a point deduction that, come the end of the season, costs us our Premiership place?!

Not a clever thing to do if the Ref puts it in his match report and the FA decide to take action against the club.

Wouldn't it be Charlton that get in trouble for it?

It was at their ground, so it was a breach of their safety regulations, not ours. :dunno:

i just knew a load of people would have a problem with it.

personally, i thought it was ###### quality!

glad someone else thinks so too!

It was bloody stupid and may cost the club. The idiot or idiots need shooting.

I agree it looks good in Italy etc but it is banned here therefore not a good deal to go throwing one on the pitch etc.

i just knew a load of people would have a problem with it.

personally, i thought it was ###### quality!

glad someone else thinks so too!

I thought it was great and looked awasome. It was totally in keeping with a magical night.

I'm very proud of our fans, best in the land!

'Top of the league, top of the leeeeague,

We're Bristol City and were top of the league'

To be fair, its charlton fault, they searched people as they went in, had a lot of stewards to do the job of searching and a flare still got in. What else could of got in if people wanted? Just goes to prove that they need to improve things.

Also, you say to piss off to roma and not to do this at bristol city, Why not?

Nothing will happen to us, millwall did it away to luton a few weeks a go, and nothing has happned to them.

DSC00136.jpg

WERE BRISTOL CITY WERE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Nobody's going to get in trouble. It wasn't a rocket. Yeah it could've done harm if in the possession of someone with a weak throw but I thought it was quality to be honest. Sorry if that offends anybody but the atmosphere last night was unbelievable and it just added to it and no harm was done. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced.

Also, i would like to point out, that the same happened here as what happened at the millwall game.

At the millwall game, flare thrown on, the away end was covered with police, and the police did nothing, just stood there and watched it. They were probably suprised something happened.

At last night game, lots of police in the away end, flare thrown on the pitch, police did nothing, just watched it.

It was down to some steward to go and pick it up.

Just glad it didn't hit any players! the last thing we could have needed was for a repeat of the milan incident, when the match was abandoned and who knows what's going to happen at Millwall following a similar incident last week.

although Charlton should have carried out better searches to make sure these types of items don't get into the ground, I hope the idiot who thought it was clever to bring it into the ground gets found on video by the Charlton CCTV and the details are passed to the City to deal with this person accordingly, I'm sure although no action appears to have been taken at the time I sure the people in the control tower at the Charlton were looking into it.

Acorrding to the Football Disorder Act, the person can receieve anything from a banning order from grounds to a maximum of 6 months in prison.

Just glad it didn't hit any players! the last thing we could have needed was for a repeat of the milan incident, when the match was abandoned and who knows what's going to happen at Millwall following a similar incident last week.

although Charlton should have carried out better searches to make sure these types of items don't get into the ground, I hope the idiot who thought it was clever to bring it into the ground gets found on video by the Charlton CCTV and the details are passed to the City to deal with this person accordingly, I'm sure although no action appears to have been taken at the time I sure the people in the control tower at the Charlton were looking into it.

Acorrding to the Football Disorder Act, the person can receieve anything from a banning order from grounds to a maximum of 6 months in prison.

Why not just hang him? :noexpression:

People on here love stuff like this, a bit of something "different" and there will be a million page thread on how bad and naughty it is.

Like if there is any "trouble" at games, a 219 page thread on it becomes ready.

what the hell are you on about!!!

you really are a HEAD IN THE SAND person? whether it be east end, cardiff coaches and now this flare incident... there could be a murder in a stand and "by your views" it would be an isolated incident so there should be no investigation and "it's not a big deal"

at the end of the day, a flare was thrown on, similar thing happened last week at Millwall, by your views nothing will happen of it, but when you look at local reports their chairman is worried about a possible points deduction or other punishements.

still.......I'm sure if we got docked a point or 2 or suffered another type of punishement, which possibly cost us promotion to the prem due to one moron. I'm sure you would probably still defend them.

You sound like a barrel of laughs mate!

Throwing a flare is dangerous and not a good idea, however if used in a controled manner and

around 20 minutes before kick off or at half time then it does look colorful and can add to any

atmosphere, but it does have to be done in the right manner and controlled say set off away from other

fans near the bottom of a stand and people are pre warned, it does work abroad.

Guest Eamer

Holding a flare up is a lot different to throwing one onto the pitch. Stupid idea and whoever did it should think about their actions beforehand. Things like that can cost points.

Archived