IGNORED

The Big Game

chowie

We just need to hit form now to have a decent chance at the play offs, maybe automatic was too far for us. Its known that the team that fit forms before the play offs usually goes up, maybe now the pressure is off a bit we might be able to score a few and win the last two.

I was impressed with our away support, all we could hear at times.

We just need to hit form now to have a decent chance at the play offs, maybe automatic was too far for us. Its known that the team that fit forms before the play offs usually goes up, maybe now the pressure is off a bit we might be able to score a few and win the last two.

I was impressed with our away support, all we could hear at times.

Anything can happen in the play-offs, we've gone into them in form before and failed to go on and win promotion.

We shouldn't write ourselves off yet, although tonight was a very disappointing end to what has been a brave challenge.

Really?? we had a team which could of acheived automatic? Maybe, but a hell of a lot of the other clubs in this division have underperformed much more than City have. We have performed to our limits all season. few clubs can say that. sjoke, Dull and the Baggies evidently have. Unlike Scumford, Saints, the Blunts, Charlton, Wolves, Cov, the Wendies, Leicester to name but some of them.

Its a real pisser finishing like this, but lets applaud this side, which has come on so far from GJ's first days in charge.

That is what i was talking about, the second half of the season, we had the squad which could of, now it looks like they could be the nearly men. What is frustrating everyone is the way we are performing now. Its the manner in which we chucked it away.

Playoffs aren't even guaranteed yet!

We still need at least 2 Draws from our final 2 games as things stand!

We should surely get at least one point, if not one win!

...So in theory, we should get there! :fingerscrossed:

And the way this Division has been, we could still scrape 6th place by losing our final 2 games...

...Don't worry though! Our Season is definitely not over yet!

We would surely not end up as favourites, so the pressure wouldn't be on us as much to win them, as seen in previous years, (considering the big fish in a small pond thing, seems to be no longer applicable to us!)

We've never won them, so whether we'd finish 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th, doesn't really matter!

Anything could happen on the day, so there's no point in saying that we might as well finish 7th, as we won't win them!

I hate to say it, but the Dark Side managed to win them last Season, so maybe this time it's our turn! "Always Believe!" :innocent06:

That is what i was talking about, the second half of the season, we had the squad which could of, now it looks like they could be the nearly men. What is frustrating everyone is the way we are performing now. Its the manner in which we chucked it away.

Quite a few teams round us got in loan players. Only WBA, Scumford and us didnt. May or may not be relevant. Still impressed we have done so well over all

Point being it don't "matter" we are not yet ready for the prem, new ground at least required; even yet we could still get there though.

Your first 4 words says it ALL anything now is a bonus, play offs, a trip to wembley, don't write us off just yet :disapointed2se:

i agree were not ready for prem don't get me wrong to see city in prem would be a dream come true but i think if we did we,d definatly do a derby or god forbid even worse

:disapointed2se: if you think we have "chucked it away" you must be from the dark side. Have we suddenly acquired a team that cant be bothered ? we had more shots than Stoke and on their patch as well for a start; cannot believe the turnaround by some fans who forget whats gone before.

We lost ,another day or even a day yet to come that may change, don't give up fightback (as our team did for half a game anyway)

We havent chucked it away yet, sorry.

Stoke were the better team over the 95 minutes, no doubt about that, and we were awful in the first half and proving our critics right in saying we are lucky to be up there. 2nd half was a vast improvement but still some dreadful defending and stray passing, coupled with the usual aimless lumping of the ball by McCombe - gave it away just about every time he had the ball which just isn't good enough at this level.

Agree about McAllister as well, he had a shocking first half and improved slightly in the second - but again, that performance was just not good enough for this level.

Orr has been struggling lately as well.

I hope GJ can see the weaknesses in the side and address them close season.

Playoffs would be a fantastic achievement and we just need one or two more points to do it - and then it's a lottery.

As to the support, it's natural for people to be disappointed and express that negatively - but give it a day or so and it's all forgotten and we're the best team in the league again. A lot of those expressing negative views spend a lot of money following City and it means a lot to them.

and a darn sight more that have pos views, also means a lot to them but they don't belly ache on here

Quite a few teams round us got in loan players. Only WBA, Scumford and us didnt. May or may not be relevant. Still impressed we have done so well over all

yea, and I think we missed out by not doing the same, I feel we missed out by not loaning Lita myself, a goalscorer. (despite his attitue, I woulda taken that for goals)

Stoke were the better team over the 95 minutes, no doubt about that, and we were awful in the first half and proving our critics right in saying we are lucky to be up there. 2nd half was a vast improvement but still some dreadful defending and stray passing, coupled with the usual aimless lumping of the ball by McCombe - gave it away just about every time he had the ball which just isn't good enough at this level.

Agree about McAllister as well, he had a shocking first half and improved slightly in the second - but again, that performance was just not good enough for this level.

Orr has been struggling lately as well.

I hope GJ can see the weaknesses in the side and address them close season.

Playoffs would be a fantastic achievement and we just need one or two more points to do it - and then it's a lottery.

As to the support, it's natural for people to be disappointed and express that negatively - but give it a day or so and it's all forgotten and we're the best team in the league again. A lot of those expressing negative views spend a lot of money following City and it means a lot to them.

Fair play, I agree with that and have no problem with constructive criticism, or even non-constructive if its not plain stupid and abusive. I know we all get passionate and say, and type, things on spur of the moment ... the joy of football i guess. When summer comes we'll all remember its been a great, if tortuous, ride.

yea, and I think we missed out by not doing the same, I feel we missed out by not loaning Lita myself, a goalscorer. (despite his attitue, I woulda taken that for goals)

I think a few Charlton fans would disaagree since he joined them they've been in free fall - believe me they're far more disappointed than we are...with good reason

Typical performance for most of the season to be honest , the old saying game of 2 halves , we havent done it for 90 mins for most of the season, still lets hope for the play offs lets keep with the lads the need us ore now than ever , i ll be at sheffield next week shouting the boys on , if anybody hands there tickets back in now for next week they should hang there head in shame , and if we make the play offs etc those people shouldnt be given tickets , come on city

I think a few Charlton fans would disaagree since he joined them they've been in free fall - believe me they're far more disappointed than we are...with good reason

That would be with there team. I hardly think they are blaming Lita for them in freefall. Lita has score 3 for them in what? 7? Thats a good rate compared to how many we are scoring currently.

Awful performance today, we just don't have the quality at this level and thats why we are getting found out.

We don't have any match changing players and we really lack passion and desire when we go behind.

We also look lightweight in midfield (without Johnson)

Some of my thoughts on certain players -

McCallister infuriates me consistantly, he is so lazy on the ball and seems to lack common sense (giving away free kick for the first goal).

Skuse looks very lightweight and way out of his depth.

McCombe isnt good enough at this level. He turns like a battleship and seems to have to look at his feet to control the ball (Fontaine should be playing IMO)

Wilson doesnt seem to be able to handle the pressure at this level.

Orrs distribution is awful (mind you that hasnt changed since he joined the club)

Adebola has scored goals, but he has made us change our way of playing. Too many long balls.

Trundle should be given a run in the team - he always has the potential to be a match changing player, much more so than any of our other forwards.

Assuming fitness this should be our team for the remainder of the season.

Basso

Orr

Carey

Vasko

Fontaine

Johnson

McIndoe

Elliott

Carle

Trundle

Brooker

subs

Weale

Byfield

Adebola

McCombe

Artus

Nope, reckon he would have divided the dressing room, at a time when its critical not to. But some one else MAY have helped.

Nope, reckon he would have divided the dressing room, at a time when its critical not to. But some one else MAY have helped.

So, you know him and our players well enough to come to that assumption do you?? He clearly messed up the Reading players last year and the year before.

And I'm sure we woulda performed worse with him thee last 6-7 games.

So, you know him and our players well enough to come to that assumption do you?? He clearly messed up the Reading players last year and the year before.

And I'm sure we woulda performed worse with him thee last 6-7 games.

I take it you're unaware of some of the alleged stories concerned involving Lita then? Or the fact Reading punted him out despite being in desperate need of strikers. And you're wrong about performing better in the last games with him. the strikers need service to get goals, ESPECIALLY Leeeroy.

and I guess 20 odd years of watching various City teams makes me completely unaware of our teams abilities.

Readings team was good enough last year and the year before. One reason was that Reading did'nt depend on him alone.

take yer blinkers off. Problem aint the strikers in the main, its the midfield getting over run, for various reasons.

I take it you're unaware of some of the alleged stories concerned involving Lita then? Or the fact Reading punted him out despite being in desperate need of strikers. And you're wrong about performing better in the last games with him. the strikers need service to get goals, ESPECIALLY Leeeroy.

and I guess 20 odd years of watching various City teams makes me completely unaware of our teams abilities.

Readings team was good enough last year and the year before. One reason was that Reading did'nt depend on him alone.

take yer blinkers off. Problem aint the strikers in the main, its the midfield getting over run, for various reasons.

For starters I never said you knew nothing, so how long youve been watching city has nothing to do with it.

I'm thinking maybe a reason he was shipped out was for the fact that he hasnt scored for them this season, not because of conspiracy.

And the word is Alleged. All for rumours you eh? How about giving somebody another chance or is that not allowed? And loan, any signs of unrest he could be shipped back surely?

For starters I never said you knew nothing, so how long youve been watching city has nothing to do with it.

I'm thinking maybe a reason he was shipped out was for the fact that he hasnt scored for them this season, not because of conspiracy.

And the word is Alleged. All for rumours you eh? How about giving somebody another chance or is that not allowed? And loan, any signs of unrest he could be shipped back surely?

Lets put it this way. Some of what I know is not rumour. and his antics at Reading led to his punting out by the manager. which may allegedly have summat to do with the lack of goals this season.

and no I wouldn't particularly like him back at the Gate, cos of what I am aware of. next. disruptive like I said.

Sorry, there was me thinking that you were implying he woulda been a terrible signing cus of spoiling the dressing room and generally being evil if he was here, not cus of lack of goals!

Both. if you want to be pedantic.

Well surely hes kinda proved you wrong in both parts while at Charlton then no?

Not really. He has never improved on his last season at the Gate, and the stories about him persist. no smoke without fire. ask yourself why Chelsea released him, if he was so good. He has to consistently perform. He hasnt done so since his days at the Gate. unlike Andy Cole, the Goat, and Bob Taylor. more like Akinbiyi he is.

Archived