IGNORED

' Real Fans '

AtyeOrr

I'm getting tired of reading posts stating that they are annoyed to miss out on the tickets but to be honest if your such a big true massive etc city fan then why the hell havent you got season tickets then you wouldnt have this problem? I really cant seem to sympathise with any of this utter crap, it was a case of try your luck this morning and the club could not of done anymore, the true loyal fans (season ticket holders) were given plenty of time to purchase theirs like i did so i don't see any issue, anyway rant over

Up the City

Always believe

I don't want this to be a sob story, but I get a bit p****d off with the hierarchy of fan-ness being spouted sometimes.

Ive been a City fan and supporter since 1966. Stood on the terraces throught he '60's and '70's andsaw promotion to he old first division.

Lived away from Bristol since 1978, but never stopped being a supporter and fan and attending as many away games as I can get to, and obviously home games whern I can get back on the right days.

This last 12 months my wife has had breast surgery, my wifes Mum has gone into residential care locally after living with us and caused a load of grief , The Company I worked for went bust in February owing me a lot of unpaid commission and I didn't receive any income from November until the end of March.

With work and family committments there is no way I could justify a season ticket as I coudn't get back to Bristol every other week-end, and this season because of all the reasons mentioned above have struggled to justify travelling to as many away games as I had plannede, but still got to Scunny, Ipswich, Norwich, Coventry and Sheff Wed.

So get off your high horse before you start making judgements about the "utter crap" that makes me less of a fan than you. I was lucky in getting a single ticket, but that cost me £98 as that was all that is left and that's a stretch for me at the moment. Ok we all know that there will be loads of glory hunters and fair weather fans who have been sucessfull, while many proper fans have been unlucky, but I am getting a bit fed up of the sweeping assumptions that some fans are making from their lofty and holier than though perches at the moment.

Sorry for the rant, but the adrenaline has been running high since 9 o'clock.

I'm getting tired of reading posts stating that they are annoyed to miss out on the tickets but to be honest if your such a big true massive etc city fan then why the hell havent you got season tickets then you wouldnt have this problem? I really cant seem to sympathise with any of this utter crap, it was a case of try your luck this morning and the club could not of done anymore, the true loyal fans (season ticket holders) were given plenty of time to purchase theirs like i did so i don't see any issue, anyway rant over

Up the City

Always believe

So what about people who works odd weekends or works nights, or live away from Bristol and can't make every week but go to most away games, or serve in the forces - three very simple reasons not to get a season ticket.

Not having a season ticket doesn't make you less of a true loyal fan, that's just rubbish.

The tickets should be going to people who have supported the club not to "my mate Dave who can't be arsed to watch that shite when there's Premier League on telly but wants a nice day out".

Obviously no kids or mortgage. What do you want a medal?

Yes to both however your misssing the point besides the fact your probably about 12, no i don't want a medal I'm just suggesting people stop moaning about not getting a ticket and realise that they havent got a ticket for a reason which is down to the fact they have not got a season ticket which is the only way you are guaranteed a ticket, if people cannot afford season tickets then i find it hard to understand how the hell they can justify spending a hell of a lot of money for one day !!!???

Yes to both however your misssing the point besides the fact your probably about 12, no i don't want a medal I'm just suggesting people stop moaning about not getting a ticket and realise that they havent got a ticket for a reason which is down to the fact they have not got a season ticket which is the only way you are guaranteed a ticket, if people cannot afford season tickets then i find it hard to understand how the hell they can justify spending a hell of a lot of money for one day !!!???

Because they cant get to all the home games and don't see it feasable to buy a season ticket?

I don't miss your point, I just think it's a shit one and you should get off your high horse.

So what about people who works odd weekends or works nights, or live away from Bristol and can't make every week but go to most away games, or serve in the forces - three very simple reasons not to get a season ticket.

Not having a season ticket doesn't make you less of a true loyal fan, that's just rubbish.

The tickets should be going to people who have supported the club not to "my mate Dave who can't be arsed to watch that shite when there's Premier League on telly but wants a nice day out".

Before you start ranting off i would advise you to read the whole thread as you will say for a start i don't live in bristol anymore and also i have admitted the fact i was wrong in suggesting that season ticket holders are the loyal ones it was not what i meant !

The fact I havent got a season ticket is basically I live in the North East not in the South like Manchester. I have a mortgage,a wife, bills and not a massive salary. To justify the cost of a season ticket against how many home games I could get too, adding travel expense, staying in Bristol. Its not viable.

It would be a waste of a season ticket, so i'd rather have a fan from Bristol getting a season ticket.

You are just rubbing it in.

The trouble is when tickets go on general sale ANYONE can get them whether they are a city fan or not!! Thus stopping real fans from getting tickets. So how do you combat this?

SELL THEM AT THE GATE, LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE! THEN THE TICKET TOUTS WONT TRAVEL. Bet you most tickets have been sold to london touts! :ranting:

Because they cant get to all the home games and don't see it feasable to buy a season ticket?

You really are missing the point all I'm saying is don't moan about not getting a ticket to wembley if you have not got a season ticket because that was the only way anyone was ever going to be guaranteed a ticket

Really stupid post... I have been a season ticket holder for many seasons but not this year... Like it's said, kids, work and morgage make that kind of commitment very difficult... Surely being a fan is about what you feel for the club? Hence the strong feelings on this forumn regarding not getting a ticket. I was one of the lucky ones this morning but I feel for those who wanted to go as much as I did and didn't get a ticket...

SELL THEM AT THE GATE, LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE! THEN THE TICKET TOUTS WONT TRAVEL. Bet you most tickets have been sold to london touts! :ranting:

All I can say is I hope the club can get more tickets. Feel for you and genuine fans who cant get to the game though.

Up the City

Always believe

what a arse!!

i coulnt affod a season ticket last year as i had no job, and triying my best to get a ST this season ( gat paid on the 6th). so last sesason 07/08 i went to about 28 games.

i have supported city since 1997 and bought a new shirt every season i have even worked for the city foundation for peanuts but acording to you I'm NOT A LOYAL FAN

if you can afford a season ticket every season fair play but because some people cant afford one for whateva reasons and you say there not a loyal fan how do u have a right to say were not loyal fans??

I HAVE ALWAYS BIELEVED SINCE 1997

U REDS

yes money is a factor, but people have committments too. Like other posts have said, they work some weekends some abroad or away in the forces. Others have more serious committments!!! They look at their schedule and say wow a home game coming up I'm free ill go and watch my team play against stoke!! They look again at the schedule and see they are available on the 24th May 2008 and would like to watch their team gain promotion (hopefully).

Some of us cannot get to every home game so therefore would not justify spending a lot of dosh on a ST, but would still like to watch our team on a big day out.

???

I'm a season ticket holder, and attend most away games. But you are talking utter crap. Just because someone isnt able to get a season ticket doesent make them less of a fan :disapointed2se:

Some people have personal reasons or financial reasons why they cant purchase one. They aernt exactly cheap are they. Thankfully I'm lucky enough to have one and have done for a while now. But think before you post.

:clap: i applaud that man football for me nowadays is a luxury for me what with the price of tickets and no i cant say I'm a 42 games per season but does that mean i,m not as passionate about the club as say a ST holder ,not in my eyes i,ve done my fair share of followin city over the years , but marriage kids and livin on one wage has meant that luxurys are at a minimum , nearly everyone at wembley on sat will be there to cheer on the reds( apart from hull obviuosly) so why not stop the bickerin an lets all enjoy a good day out

ps. sorry for all the fans who havn,t got a ticket lets hope they give us some more. :goingup:

yes money is a factor, but people have committments too. Like other posts have said, they work some weekends some abroad or away in the forces. Others have more serious committments!!! They look at their schedule and say wow a home game coming up I'm free ill go and watch my team play against stoke!! They look again at the schedule and see they are available on the 24th May 2008 and would like to watch their team gain promotion (hopefully).

Some of us cannot get to every home game so therefore would not justify spending a lot of dosh on a ST, but would still like to watch our team on a big day out.

Mate some people seem to be a bit short sighted i agree with what your saying the only point i was trying to make was that i don't understand why people are getting so angry etc about not getting a ticket when they should have half expected it as the only way anyone was ever guaranteed a seat at wembley was by having a season ticket thats all I'm saying i have already admitted the fac ti was wrong when i said all season ticket holders were the loyal ones beacuse of course that is not true and that was not what i meant!

Before you start ranting off i would advise you to read the whole thread as you will say for a start i don't live in bristol anymore and also i have admitted the fact i was wrong in suggesting that season ticket holders are the loyal ones it was not what i meant !

So what exactly are you saying then?

You are still arguing the case that people shouldn't be complaining because they should have season tickets.

You're talking out of your arse, it is a simple matter for the club to only sell to people on their database which they should have done but sadly they couldn't be bothered.

what a arse!!

i coulnt affod a season ticket last year as i had no job, and triying my best to get a ST this season ( gat paid on the 6th). so last sesason 07/08 i went to about 28 games.

i have supported city since 1997 and bought a new shirt every season i have even worked for the city foundation for peanuts but acording to you I'm NOT A LOYAL FAN

if you can afford a season ticket every season fair play but because some people cant afford one for whateva reasons and you say there not a loyal fan how do u have a right to say were not loyal fans??

I HAVE ALWAYS BIELEVED SINCE 1997

U REDS

Stop jumping on the band wagon and get a life what a surprise the season we get to wembley you have not had a season ticket but you have had all the previous years yes right utter fool

hmm been reading with interest and genuinely feel sorry for the people who attend 10-15 matches a season I've been in that position for over 30 years due to work, family, cost etc but I will ALWAYS consider myself a true fan. If true fans don't want this situation to happen again then you either have to buy a season ticket or change the way the club rewards its fans. I for one urge you to buy a season ticket because when we are in the prem I DO NOT want to be sat by some snotty nosed kid cheering on Man U/Chelsea et al

BELIEVE

So what exactly are you saying then?

You are still arguing the case that people shouldn't be complaining because they should have season tickets.

You're talking out of your arse, it is a simple matter for the club to only sell to people on their database which they should have done but sadly they couldn't be bothered.

For the tenth time all I'm trying tosay is no one should be annoyed or feel the right that they should have had a ticket if they are not season ticket holders whether you think its right or wrong the fact is the only way anyone was ever going to be guaranteed a seat was if they had a season ticket its quite simple to understand what I'm saying really ! all you guys are typical morons, and just beacuse you are annoyed about not getting a ticket you seem to want to jump on the first person that gives a reason as to why you have not got a ticket

Stop jumping on the band wagon and get a life what a surprise the season we get to wembley you have not had a season ticket but you have had all the previous years yes right utter fool

seriously have some compassion. p###k.

just because you managed to get your mits on 9 tickets.

hmm been reading with interest and genuinely feel sorry for the people who attend 10-15 matches a season I've been in that position for over 30 years due to work, family, cost etc but I will ALWAYS consider myself a true fan. If true fans don't want this situation to happen again then you either have to buy a season ticket or change the way the club rewards its fans. I for one urge you to buy a season ticket because when we are in the prem I DO NOT want to be sat by some snotty nosed kid cheering on Man U/Chelsea et al

BELIEVE

Could not agree more

seriously have some compassion. p###k.

just because you managed to get your mits on 9 tickets.

Seriously i would suggest you get a life and understand what I'm saying which again is people should not be ranting off that they are the bloo*y true fans and have not got a ticket when they should not have thought that they were going to get one anyway the only way people were guaranteed a ticket was by having a season ticket FACT !

For the tenth time all I'm trying tosay is no one should be annoyed or feel the right that they should have had a ticket if they are not season ticket holders whether you think its right or wrong the fact is the only way anyone was ever going to be guaranteed a seat was if they had a season ticket its quite simple to understand what I'm saying really ! all you guys are typical morons, and just beacuse you are annoyed about not getting a ticket you seem to want to jump on the first person that gives a reason as to why you have not got a ticket

Morons eh!!!!! well i happen to be one of the lucky ones this morning, I'm just tryin to explain that not everyone can afford or have the time to get a season ticket!!!

Mate some people seem to be a bit short sighted i agree with what your saying the only point i was trying to make was that i don't understand why people are getting so angry etc about not getting a ticket when they should have half expected it as the only way anyone was ever guaranteed a seat at wembley was by having a season ticket thats all I'm saying i have already admitted the fac ti was wrong when i said all season ticket holders were the loyal ones beacuse of course that is not true and that was not what i meant!

Well Ill be sitting in a pub in Saltburn by the Sea (lovely part of the North east), surrounded by smoggies/mackems and Ill be cheering for the City and getting lynched for my sins but I don't care.

No Atyeorr, basically you are saying Ner Ner Ner Ive got a season ticket and I go to all the games, so its your own fault. Think before you engage the Parietal Lobe but fair play to you for getting a ticket, I hope you sit next to a loyal supporter and not a "just gone up for the day to soak it all in" type, who turns to you and states "I don't really support City, but mate had a ticket".

Up the City

Always believe

Lads, lads, lads, lets not argue.

Its the club that b**locksed this up not the fans.

At the moment we are suceeding because of manager, players and fans

UP THE CITY

Archived