IGNORED

' Real Fans '

AtyeOrr

don't get me wrong i am not a ST holder, i was in the scrum thismorning for tickets.

but i didnt nessisarily think i was going to get tickets, nor to i believe i was owed one.

The people who have ST ARE owed the right to tickets, it doesnt make the more loyal or "true" than other fans but they are netherless owed the opportunity.

However people who have been to 20 games this season (or whatever number) are no more "owed" a ticket than anyone else. Just because you have been to one match or 500 it just doesnt matter, you may just be the ones who have the time/money/location to go to games, luxuries than some people do not have.

in an ideal world (and what i would like to see) would have been

Sale at the ground and not through ticketmaster (aiding in stopping touting)

ST holders get their allocation.

People who attend games (loyalty card if you will) get their allocation.

General Sale.

THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN and people need to accept this fact, However i think from now on it is assured that it will.

(and yes i know it sounds like I'm contradicting myself during this post, but at this point in time i cant think of a better wording, so go along with the general gyst of the post before the flaming comes, its looking at the whole mess from an opjective viewpoint.)

Oh and a quick edited point... why are people starting to use Ad Hominem arguments here.. we all support the same club and same cause. THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT

Agree totallybuddy i don't seem to get my points across very well so i will go with this one !

Did you only join the bandwagon once we had secured promotion to the championship. surely on 38 post prove that you are a glory supporter, where were you when we were shit? oooppps now I'm sounding like you :doh:

Ha ha pathetic now just beacuse i don't post much I'm not a supporter get a grip and support the city

Its clear enough that you have a very large growth almost penis looking hanging between your eyes !! Look everyone knows that season ticket holders have priority why should the club bend over backwards for supporters who rarely go ?

Who said anything about people who rarely go?

I'm talking about the LARGE number of people who go frequently but can't go often enough to justify a season ticket.

Why should the club bend over backwards for them? Because supporters ARE the club, not ticket touts or day trippers.

Why should the club give people who offer them no support the same opportunity to buy tickets as those that do?

You're making no sense whatsoever, I'm not surprised really because it's quite clear you're an idiot.

Ok i can understand people cant afford it or have children etc as i do infact ! Your all missing the point I'm not trying to insult anyone or cause arguments all I'm trying to say is that i don't understand how people can moan about not getting a ticket for wembley when they either say they cannot afford it or they have families etc why is that going to change just beacuse we are at wembley yes its a great day out but surely going to ashton gate every other saturday is just as good well it certainly is for me

I should quit while you are already behind.

You started off by slagging off non-season ticket holders for moaning and now you are trying to twist your story around two other points AND say that EVERYONE misses your point... firstly you are making a number of points, secondly you are ditching earlier points and now using new points to try and get whatever point it is you are making.

By the number of replies to your post I doubt EVERYONE misses your point.

I would suggest that most of us on here, including yourself, are loyal BCFC fans. Some people managed to get tickets this morning and some did not. Instead of slagging people off, especially those that are hurting because they did not get tickets, why not empathise instead and perhaps, if you can, offer some positive ideas.

Look its peoples decision whether they have kids or mortgages, this also means that city isnt a priority and so people who go every week ( usually season ticket holders) get the priority! why does going to wembley make any difference

Did City Foundation members also receive booking priority?

If they did, for people who cannot afford a ST / live too far away etc, this seems a viable option - obviously no use now, but I suspect the same debates would arise if we drew Man U in the cup one day?

Obviously the £9.50 per month could still prove too costly for some, but for your membership you get placed into regular draws which could even see you win enough cash to pay for several years worth of STs.

I never even bothered to try phoning, knew what the score would be. Cant go, cant afford and thats it.

The one thing I will say is this. I went to see Manchester Utd at Old Trafford, the family are die hard Reds they were born and bred there. I was born in Bristol. The last time I went with my brother, many years ago (he had a spare). I felt embarressed to be there. I wasnt a Manchester Utd supporter, what was I doing there? It was all a bit rubbish, when I looked at the hordes of shopping bag supporters. My heart pined for Bristol City.

So for anyone who isnt a City supporter and you attend, just stop to think, about those supporters whose heart races when Bristol City results come in,(its in your heart this supporting lark), who havent got tickets.

Have a good day Ore, you obviously are a true City fan and fair play to you. Cant fault you for that. Just take into consideration other peoples viewpoint sometimes.

Who said anything about people who rarely go?

I'm talking about the LARGE number of people who go frequently but can't go often enough to justify a season ticket.

Why should the club bend over backwards for them? Because supporters ARE the club, not ticket touts or day trippers.

Why should the club give people who offer them no support the same opportunity to buy tickets as those that do?

You're making no sense whatsoever, I'm not surprised really because it's quite clear you're an idiot.

I'm sorry but do you personally know the people who were lucky enough to get the remaining tickets this morning? How the hell do you know that the 20,000 are not true supporters I'm assuming you think that you have to be a fans forum member to be a fan get a life !!!

Look its peoples decision whether they have kids or mortgages, this also means that city isnt a priority and so people who go every week ( usually season ticket holders) get the priority! why does going to wembley make any difference

Actually can't believe you just said that. So narrow-minded it's untrue.

I'm sorry but do you personally know the people who were lucky enough to get the remaining tickets this morning? How the hell do you know that the 20,000 are not true supporters I'm assuming you think that you have to be a fans forum member to be a fan get a life !!!

No I'm not making any such assumption, why you think that I've no idea. Posting on this forum doesn't make anyone a fan.

I do know people personally who go regularly but were unable to get tickets this morning. I also know people who DID get tickets and haven't been to a game since Cardiff.

Any chance of you actually responding to points made instead of only chucking around insults or is that too much to expect?

I never even bothered to try phoning, knew what the score would be. Cant go, cant afford and thats it.

The one thing I will say is this. I went to see Manchester Utd at Old Trafford, the family are die hard Reds they were born and bred there. I was born in Bristol. The last time I went with my brother, many years ago (he had a spare). I felt embarressed to be there. I wasnt a Manchester Utd supporter, what was I doing there? It was all a bit rubbish, when I looked at the hordes of shopping bag supporters. My heart pined for Bristol City.

So for anyone who isnt a City supporter and you attend, just stop to think, about those supporters whose heart races when Bristol City results come in,(its in your heart this supporting lark), who havent got tickets.

Have a good day Ore, you obviously are a true City fan and fair play to you. Cant fault you for that. Just take into consideration other peoples viewpoint sometimes.

Ok i put my hands up not everything i have said is correct but i am getting annoid at the vast amount of people just ganging up i agree i do need to learn !!

No I'm not making any such assumption, why you think that I've no idea. Posting on this forum doesn't make anyone a fan.

I do know people personally who go regularly but were unable to get tickets this morning. I also know people who DID get tickets and haven't been to a game since Cardiff.

Any chance of you actually responding to points made instead of only chucking around insults or is that too much to expect?

I know people who are true fans who got them and muppets who arent didnt, so whats your point ?

What was City's average attendance season just gone? Obviously not 20,000.

Ok i put my hands up not everything i have said is correct but i am getting annoid at the vast amount of people just ganging up i agree i do need to learn !!

Atyeo... some contrition at last.. very admirable.

These remarks you made set people off:-

1. "if your such a big true massive etc city fan then why the hell havent you got season tickets" - we have all tried to cover this one with several reasons:- money, distance, and in my case.. travelling from thousands of miles and actually spending more than you I would suggest.

2. "the true loyal fans (season ticket holders)" - strongly suggesting in the context of your entire post that nobody else is loyal.

Anyway.. me thinks time to move on for you, me and everyone else now.

spot on, half of the st holders down at the gate moan non stop every game, other people may only go to half the games but actually support and get behind the team.

Spot on mate. I've never had an ST and certainly am a 'real fan'. It's about your attitude towards the club and the team on the pitch. If you think this is bad watch what happens if/when we go up! Who's up for Stoke away on a tuesday?

I'm getting tired of reading posts stating that they are annoyed to miss out on the tickets but to be honest if your such a big true massive etc city fan then why the hell havent you got season tickets then you wouldnt have this problem? I really cant seem to sympathise with any of this utter crap, it was a case of try your luck this morning and the club could not of done anymore, the true loyal fans (season ticket holders) were given plenty of time to purchase theirs like i did so i don't see any issue, anyway rant over

Up the City

Always believe

a few people can't do every saturday due to work etc so a season ticket is not viable so they pay as you go.

what bugs me is that anyone in the south west area can ring up (not even city fans) and get tickets to flog on

for more than they are worth, they are not even going to wembley, city did a ticket stubb system to reward

pay as you go fans but this has gone out the window and even match day staff have suffered for some ticket

tout to cream the money in and that is the problem not the ''real fan syndrome''

name='cider head' date='May 18 2008, 1:23 PM' post='935860']

a few people can't do every saturday due to work etc so a season ticket is not viable so they pay as you go.

what bugs me is that anyone in the south west area can ring up (not even city fans) and get tickets to flog on

for more than they are worth, they are not even going to wembley, city did a ticket stubb system to reward

pay as you go fans but this has gone out the window and even match day staff have suffered for some ticket

tout to cream the money in and that is the problem not the ''real fan syndrome''

I just wanted to ask all you ranters out there what did you want to happen ? Why are you moaning in the first place anyway? did you just want a free for all for everyone to get tickets at the same time? that would be even mor pandemonium. They had to have some sort of structure and yes there are some very good fans who cant get season tickets for whatever reason but they cant treat every case individually. Season ticket holders are being rewarded for investing in the club and their loyalty every non season ticket holder had as mmuch chance as everyone else after. And surely if you are such a good fan you must have at least one mate who has a season ticket to get you a ticket ??!!

I just wanted to ask all you ranters out there what did you want to happen ? Why are you moaning in the first place anyway? did you just want a free for all for everyone to get tickets at the same time? that would be even mor pandemonium. They had to have some sort of structure and yes there are some very good fans who cant get season tickets for whatever reason but they cant treat every case individually. Season ticket holders are being rewarded for investing in the club and their loyalty every non season ticket holder had as mmuch chance as everyone else after. And surely if you are such a good fan you must have at least one mate who has a season ticket to get you a ticket ??!!

i'm not moaning as i have a ticket but i can see peoples point of view on this one and most season ticket holders have

used their extra ticket option for mates, there should have been match day staff phone option today then a ticket stubb phone option on monday with a free for all phone in on tuesday then it's no excuses.

AteyOrr: your sentiments are essentially allong the right lines, but you arent doing yourself many favours with some of the comments ;)

I'm just trying to explain my thoughts towards this ticket scramble people surely must have expected it !

I'm getting tired of reading posts stating that they are annoyed to miss out on the tickets but to be honest if your such a big true massive etc city fan then why the hell havent you got season tickets then you wouldnt have this problem? I really cant seem to sympathise with any of this utter crap, it was a case of try your luck this morning and the club could not of done anymore, the true loyal fans (season ticket holders) were given plenty of time to purchase theirs like i did so i don't see any issue, anyway rant over

Up the City

Always believe

Sorry that so many people disagree with you mate - I think you're spot on.

Sorry that so many people disagree with you mate - I think you're spot on.

i can see both sides of the coin but i feel city should have added 2 extra options

ie:match day staff phone in, ticket stubb for say last 3 homes games phone in then the free for all,

after that no excuses.

AteyOrr: your sentiments are essentially allong the right lines, but you arent doing yourself many favours with some of the comments ;)

I'm just trying to explain my thoughts towards this ticket scramble people surely must have expected it !

Yes they expected it but the club could have done more than restrict it to ST holders + foundation members. By including next seasons ST buyers and those who have purchased tickets online the number of, in your own words, true supporters feeling thoroughly dejected this morning would have been virtually nil. There would still have been a number of tickets available for general sale for the day trippers.

You really are not doing yoursely any favours and i think its time this one was put to bed.

PDG

Yes they expected it but the club could have done more than restrict it to ST holders + foundation members. By including next seasons ST buyers and those who have purchased tickets online the number of, in your own words, true supporters feeling thoroughly dejected this morning would have been virtually nil. There would still have been a number of tickets available for general sale for the day trippers.

You really are not doing yoursely any favours and i think its time this one was put to bed.

PDG

You keep saying put this to bed but why say controversial things and then try to end it ? I don't seem to understand the way some people on here think , the only guarantee anyone ever had was season ticket holders have priority end of !

Remind me, how did City sell 40,000 tickets to go to Cardiff twice in 1 season without no greedy middle-men stinging us all?

Archived