IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

Jasper Testimitanu

Looks like he's set to finish his loan spell at Yeovil with just 5 appearances under his belt.

Can he still add value to the back four? I think he deserves a second chance and he seems like a SC type player and could provide useful cover.

This could free up funds to invest in other parts of the team

Thoughts?

Jasper Testicles

Tomorrow after Yeovils televised game vs Watford

Will be interesting to see what happens after the loan.

Will he be paid off like Kilkenny?

Will SC give him another chance?

Will he come back and just play in the under-21s until his contract expires?

Does he even want to come back?

Can't see Yeovil taking him back on loan or signing him on a short term deal after we pay him off (like Kilkenny will probably do at Preston), as he hasn't played much there and has generally just been on the bench.

Always been keen to see Fonts come good again and would back giving him another chance, especially now there's a new manager who may be able to get the best out of him.

Anyone know when his loan finishes?

He's had enough chances since GJ but he won't ever be the same player he was if he stays with us, It's time to part ways I believe if he wants to keep a bit of his reputation in tact

My son goes to school with Liam's lad and I have spoken to Liam plenty of times. His lad also plays for the local footy team too. Just to clarify some aspects here:

From speaking to him I know Liam would love to have another chance, but he is expecting his time in a City shirt are gone and he expects his return to City will be short. He says he "would love to be back in the City red".

He has said, even if he does not remain at City, his family are settled here and he will not move them. For this reason I really do not think money is the motivation here for Liam. It makes me laugh how people on here seem to know who earns the most. Does anyone actually know how much the guy earns compared to others? Besides, all though we would all love to be pro footballers, the career is short, you have to be lucky to get there and even remain there. I know of another ex City player who has less than you and I and yet had a 'successful football career'. 

He does care, and I know how devastated he was at the time where he was captain and results are performances were not good. Regarding Liam being a captain, he is as he appears, quite a shy quiet chap, so never going to be a Roy Keane, Shaun Taylor type.

He has never slatted City fans (boo boys) to me and does love the club. Yes, you could argue Liam has done well out of the club, but reading some of the comments on here, you would think he had shafted us (sick note - Sean Dyche, that terrible Bolton defender Hunt and David James?). Not at all, he has given 100%, never asked for sympathy or gone to the press. How easy it would have been to slate the club or fans whilst at Yeovil (like Steve Philips for example when he went to Rovers after years at City?).

I would welcome Liam back as I know he would give 100% again.

It is sad how people are slagging off loyal servants like Fonts & Marv who have played the majority of their professional careers at our club. It is a team game but both seem to have borne the brunt of abuse following our recent demise.

It is sad how people are slagging off loyal servants like Fonts & Marv who have played the majority of their professional careers at our club. It is a team game but both seem to have borne the brunt of abuse following our recent demise.

Think its time people got off their high horse.

We're Div 1 and struggling. Agree with Eco 100%

See mindset it's time to change.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season and was hoping to see the player of old.

He had a shocker against Bradford, nearly cost us a goal against Palarse after only being on for 5 minutes & then everyone witnessed some of the most amateurish defending you ever will see at Coventry.

Time to move on I'm afraid.

No. They've played badly and not justified their wages.

Fontaine cost us well over 15 points last season from his own catalogue of howlers. He's lost it and there is no room for sentiment when it comes to players like him.

He's played toothlessly for too long and should be shipped out at the earliest opportunity.

Well said. Those two were central figures in the best City team of the last 30 years. Marv still does a job and I believe Fonts is worth another go - if he could get back to 75% the player he once was then he'll be better than anyone we could currently afford to sign.

No. They've played badly and not justified their wages.

Fontaine cost us well over 15 points last season from his own catalogue of howlers. He's lost it and there is no room for sentiment when it comes to players like him.

He's played toothlessly for too long and should be shipped out at the earliest opportunity.

So one player lost us at least five games, interesting 'stat'

Fonts had another chance at Yeovil, but it doesn't seem to have worked out there, either :(

Yes you are right mate. But I would still give him another chance.I am convinced within Fonts there is still something that needs someone esle to bring out, he was made scape goat sometimes let himself down many others. Dont know why but would still give him a second chance

New manager, and with 3 at the back I'd give him another go. We're need 2 for each position, so if Maloney can play there as well we're one short with flint, Williams, Osborne, Carey and Maloney.

Wonder if we now need a full back now being as wags and Bryan could both play wing back. Think we need a ball winning midfielder and maybe a striker who can also play wide.

I know this is potentially his fourth chance but I'd still give him one? Why?

He's had a good break from the club and the environment that had become so negative and counter productive to him.

Now we have a new manager, one who I believe is more of a man-manager and might be able to get Fonts back on track.

What's the alternative? He sits in the stands or is paid up, neither of which do us any good.

Get him back in and see what happens, worse case scenario is he's still poor, sees out his contract and is gone in 6 months. Best case scenario, he rediscovers championship form, does well for us and maybe signs new contract.

No brainer for me.

Archived