IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

Jasper Testimitanu

Looks unlikely that he's joining the 'being paid up and released' club along with NK and MH then.

Think we'll either see him back involved with the squad regularly. If not, then he'll do nothing, along with Wilson, or go out on loan again before leaving when he's out of contract in the summer.

Let's hope it's the former. Good luck Liam, time or redisover your best form under a good man manager (unlike DM or SOD)!

Looks unlikely that he's joining the 'being paid up and released' club along with NK and MH then.

Think we'll either see him back involved with the squad regularly. If not, then he'll do nothing, along with Wilson, or go out on loan again before leaving when he's out of contract in the summer.

Let's hope it's the former. Good luck Liam, time or redisover your best form under a good man manager (unlike DM or SOD)!

It's a tough one as we need defenders at the moment. As much as he's had his troubles here it seems silly to waste more money paying him off when we don't have any defenders for the weekend. Using him could help us get in a preferred choice long term or even the money saved could help us sign Osbourne.

If he gets another chance he will be one lucky boy but it's time to get behind the bloke now. I don't want him to have another chance but I will back the guy 100% and so should everyone else. Those waiting to jump on his back every time he makes a mistake need to let it go if he does get another chance.

No. They've played badly and not justified their wages.

Fontaine cost us well over 15 points last season from his own catalogue of howlers. He's lost it and there is no room for sentiment when it comes to players like him.

He's played toothlessly for too long and should be shipped out at the earliest opportunity.

Sentiment would mean playing him even though he doesn't deserve a place. I don't think anyone is arguing for that. But there's a difference between sentiment and showing a little respect and understanding for someone who has been a good servant of the club over the years.

No idea where you get 15 points directly attributable to LF from. Which particular incidents did you have in mind?

I stand corrected, Osbourne can play this weekend as Millwall have given permission for him to as we want to sign him.

Good news. Either Carey or Fontaine to deputise for Williams then?

That's great news. Not just for Saturday, but the implication that we will sign Osbourne permanently. That will make my week!

That's great news. Not just for Saturday, but the implication that we will sign Osbourne permanently. That will make my week!

It is good news. I mentioned in the other thread that his physical presence has been a real asset to us so far. I am surprised Millwall don't want him to be honest as I can't imagine they have a lot better on the books.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season and was hoping to see the player of old.

He had a shocker against Bradford, nearly cost us a goal against Palarse after only being on for 5 minutes & then everyone witnessed some of the most amateurish defending you ever will see at Coventry.

Time to move on I'm afraid.

Ditto, don't want to see Fontaine in a city shirt again. Was once decent, now a liability who last season and this has cost us many goals with schoolboy defending.

If he runs out in a City shirt on Saturday I will give him the benefit of the doubt and applaud him like any other player. Confidence plays a big part in a footballer's performance. Give your opinion after the game, giving him stick before or during really doesn't benefit anyone.

I was at Northampton for the Coventry game, he wasn't the only defencdr at fault on that dismal day, also if Baldock had tucked away one of the 3 good chances he had before Coventry scored their first the whole team may have been a bit more confident.

Personally I saw enough last year and early this season to not want him back, but he if he plays he should be supported.

If he runs out in a City shirt on Saturday I will give him the benefit of the doubt and applaud him like any other player. Confidence plays a big part in a footballer's performance. Give your opinion after the game, giving him stick before or during really doesn't benefit anyone.

I was at Northampton for the Coventry game, he wasn't the only defencdr at fault on that dismal day, also if Baldock had tucked away one of the 3 good chances he had before Coventry scored their first the whole team may have been a bit more confident.

Personally I saw enough last year and early this season to not want him back, but he if he plays he should be supported.

Agree.

I don't think anyone can deny he has been poor. I had enough of his under Del to be honest but I never stopped supporting him and never will. Doesn't mean I want him to have another chance though.

Baldock will always get away with it though as he runs around a lot. That's all that matters to some anyway.

I swear that I must have been at different games over the past.

I honestly can't recall Fontaine getting that much abuse from the crowd, certainly not enough to warrant him being shipped out on loan to Yeovil.

Indeed. The moans were silent moans of despair when we saw he had a make-or-break tackle and he'd inevitably fall over allowing his opponent to score.

GJ won't have seen any of that, assumed he was getting the old Fonts, but has rapidly come to the same conclusion as all but the sentimental here - he's shot.

If he becomes a regular starter, watch that favourable goal difference we enjoy melt away.

I honestly can't recall Fontaine getting that much abuse from the crowd, certainly not enough to warrant him being shipped out on loan to Yeovil.

There was one game, I think it was vs palace in the cup, where he came on as a sub and a group of people behind me all started booing and shouting abuse. I know that's just one game, but I can remember other ones as well, and that was just in one block of AG and I'm sure there would have been several other people doing the same

• Admin

There was one game, I think it was vs palace in the cup, where he came on as a sub and a group of people behind me all started booing and shouting abuse. I know that's just one game, but I can remember other ones as well, and that was just in one block of AG and I'm sure there would have been several other people doing the same

Ahh, I was out of the country for that game - so that would make sense

If he plays, and plays well, and should be judged on that.

If he plays, and plays badly, he should be judged on that too.

People were talking about how Cunningham has gone to seed not two months back, so under a new boss everyone should get a chance.

Granted, Fontaine does have to bare some responsibility for the team's poor form last season and earlier this one, but that is gone now; it's all hands to the pump, regardless of history.

With Williams out and no league points at stake, Watford would be a good testing ground.  Plus, with Flint, Williams and now what looks like Osborne on the book, we at least don't need to rely on him, as we have in the past. 

And wasn't he at Yeovil when they shocked them at Vicarage Road earlier this season too?

Well he certainly got plenty on here. And, yes, booing when he came on etc.

it must be a confidence thing surely. Clearly McInnes didn't manage that by making him captain, neither did SOD by just giving up on him. Just maybe SC will have a different approach and one which addresses the underlying issues, which aren't his footballing ability. I get the feeling that man management is more SCs thing than either of the his predecessors.

I can't help thinking there's just too much baggage to overcome at City now, but I'd love nothing more than getting the Fontaine of 3 years ago back. One things for sure though; starting off with the assumption that he will make mistakes and that our goal difference goes backwards is not going to help!

Archived