IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

Jasper Testimitanu

I have a horrible feeling if LF is involved in more matches in January it'll cost us points - just as it did in 2012/13 & 2011/12.

Would love this not to be the case, but for me he's too big a gamble. Williams back ASAP please.

Have to agree with that, I'm afraid. Too big a risk in our current position.

I have a horrible feeling if LF is involved in more matches in January it'll cost us points - just as it did in 2012/13 & 2011/12.

Would love this not to be the case, but for me he's too big a gamble. Williams back ASAP please.

I don't imagine he'll play above Williams, regardless of his performance against Watford.  

If performances and public statements by players are to be believed, one thing SC has seemingly done pretty well on so far is man management, and dropping Williams for any other reasons than injury/suspension would totally undermine the lad.  

Plus, SC knows he's now got Flint, Osborne and Williams tied-down (unless Osborne gets lost on his way to signing his contract...) longer term, so bringing back in a player who would be expensive to keep beyond the end of the season isn't smart, when you could be keeping with the younger, longer-term options already performing.

One thing I don't think we'll see is Fontaine either being paid up or leaving on anything other than anther loan; most likely he'll be back-up for the season.  And though I hope he performs if called on like he did against Watford, I think the best thing to hope for in order to avoid the situation you fear is pray that Flint, 'Crazy Train' and Williams don't get injured/suspended.

I'm with you on this Robbo..Williams a FAR better option anyways up

Archived