IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

Jasper Testimitanu

Fair play to the guy was very poor for a long time,has had a break from the club and hopefully can be part of the squad for the rest of the season,did well today.Not saying its the beggining of a new dawn with him or he should stay after this season, but we need all at their best to get out of trouble and only Williams is a left footer,so lets hope he can be an important member of the squad for the rest of this season,after that who knows!!

Unfortunately there is so much wrong with the club I feel at the moment and it's been on that trend for so long, it's difficult not too be upset with certain elements of the club, however you will never seen me having a go at the younger players that are coming through into the team now. The likes of Jet, Bryan, Reid, Pack, Williams, Flint, Parish....they are the future of the club and you will only see them get my backing, I've no issue with players making honest mistakes, but when you see players not caring, being unprofessional etc....then I'll have a go

Fontaine. Baldock and pretty much anyone else who has been here a significant amount of time have played key parts in the decline of our club and I find it pretty damn pathetic when someone who has been a consistent waster such as Liam still gets backing of "oh let's just give him another chance"

Certain people just need to be moved on for the good of the club long term.

Not sure how you lump baldock in that. He may not be clinical.... but he is one of the most professional players we have had in a long time.

On the off chance you're reading this Liam, well played on what must have been a difficult occasion.

Pay no attention to the handful of bellends on this forum who can't tell the difference between a player suffering a crisis of confidence and someone not putting in 100%.

he'll probably have a blinder now until the end of the season, get a new contract then revert back to unprofessional waste of space leach on the wage bill that he is.

Liam hasn't shown any ability since Gary Johnson was here, since then he's performed dreadful under Millen, McInnes and SoD all have had faith in him and all of them he let down.

Coventry away was the final straw for me, spineless weasel of a performance. but hey the modern day football fan is a mug and no doubt ill get personal abuse for stating my view.

Nah you'll probably get it cause you're a****

and having 3 crap managers on the trot hasn't helped either, has it?

Regardless of who the manager is, surely you should give your all for him? Or are you saying that because his manager was crap he didn't have to give his all.

Fontaine's attitude has stunk for years. Coventry this season was a prime example of that, just not interested....to the extent even Jon Lansdown publically criticised him.

Last season endlessly under performing for a manager who made him captain and endlessly defended Fontaine publicly, there is one thing being off form, but when your failing to even make the desired effort then quite simply. Do one.

Despite his dreadful for SoD then came in and gave him a fresh chance...but simply if the attitude isn't right then performances/form on won't follow.

Either way, by end of season he will be Bristol City history

Unfortunately there is so much wrong with the club I feel at the moment and it's been on that trend for so long, it's difficult not too be upset with certain elements of the club, however you will never seen me having a go at the younger players that are coming through into the team now. The likes of Jet, Bryan, Reid, Pack, Williams, Flint, Parish....they are the future of the club and you will only see them get my backing, I've no issue with players making honest mistakes, but when you see players not caring, being unprofessional etc....then I'll have a go

Fontaine. Baldock and pretty much anyone else who has been here a significant amount of time have played key parts in the decline of our club and I find it pretty damn pathetic when someone who has been a consistent waster such as Liam still gets backing of "oh let's just give him another chance"

Certain people just need to be moved on for the good of the club long term.

You make a good point about the likes of JET, Bryan, Reid etc. being the future of this club. You then ruin your post by suggesting Baldock has played a role in the decline of our club! 

You make a good point about the likes of JET, Bryan, Reid etc. being the future of this club. You then ruin your post by suggesting Baldock has played a role in the decline of our club!

Sorry I just base that on last season and a number of games where he was just totally disinterested. However he was overshadowed by Davies who was even lazier, Derby and Blackburn away were 2 games where he was among many players who just weren't interested despite our position.

Anyhow....I can see this is going to go around and around.....he's someone I think should be moved on ASAP, But I'm not going to turn it into a further witch hunt and I'm just going to leave my contribution to this thread at that.

he'll probably have a blinder now until the end of the season, get a new contract then revert back to unprofessional waste of space leach on the wage bill that he is.

Liam hasn't shown any ability since Gary Johnson was here, since then he's performed dreadful under Millen, McInnes and SoD all have had faith in him and all of them he let down.

Coventry away was the final straw for me, spineless weasel of a performance. but hey the modern day football fan is a mug and no doubt ill get personal abuse for stating my view.

Fontaine loves this club, I think he let his guard down a few times and reacted poorly but that was only because he cares. More than happy to see him back, if SC can get him playing well again then great it means we have a very good league 1 player and a decent championship defender when on song. Anyone who doesn't want this to happen must be mad.

Didnt go to the game today or listen to it on the radio or keep up with it on here . . . But fontaine was awful, no coincidence we scored after he went off. We hav scored more goals without him in the team this season FACT. And if you cant see that you know **** all about football.

They scored when he went off which is his job to stop. As scoring more goals when has not been in the side surely this just can't be true and even if it were I dont get your point. I could not be at the game as am on 12.5 hour nights but mates who went who are his biggest critics said he did ok

Amazing how many people on here we're posting during the game yesterday, slating Fontaine, whilst he was putting in a good shift down the gate.

Maybe people should put down their smart phones, turn pff their PCs and actually go to some games so they can build a valid opinion based upon recent performances rather than judging on things that happened months ago???

Just an idea!!

Amazing how many people on here we're posting during the game yesterday, slating Fontaine, whilst he was putting in a good shift down the gate.

Maybe people should put down their smart phones, turn pff their PCs and actually go to some games so they can build a valid opinion based upon recent performances rather than judging on things that happened months ago???

Just an idea!!

Great shout!

Some of these keyboard warriors need to have a word with themselves. Some of the vile drivel that's been written on hear particularly aimed at a player who's played over 200 games is disgraceful!

Ask yourself, if you were in a open public forum discussing face to face would you talk to that person in such a way? I very much doubt it!

Stop hiding behind your PC and get down the gate!!

I've got very mixed feelings over Liam Fontaine.  

I was willing him on to have a good game yesterday which he did and I was up on my feet and applauding him off the field, as I feel that ovation was well earned and I was really pleased for him.  I also hope he continues the good form until the end of the season, as it will help us and also benefit his career.

......... but I wouldn't want so see him given a new contract and think it would be better for him and us if he moved on.  We know he can be a very accomplished player, but there have been far too many unacceptably poor performances put down to low confidence.  Maybe some of that can be put down to poor management of situations, like continuing to play him when his confidence was clearly shot to pieces.  On the other hand, it also indicates to me that his weaknesses are more down to mental attitude, rather than technical ability.

My big concern is the possibility of him being offered a new contract and later went on to have another major loss of confidence.  With memories of his past form, he would then get crucified by the fans for it and it would be massively damaging.  

Far too big a risk for me and think it would be best for all if he moved on to somewhere that he doesn't have the baggage of one of the worst runs of form that I've ever seen in a defender at BCFC.  I will continue willing him on while he's wearing our shirt, but hope it's only until the end of this season.

Just an idea!!

Exactly this! I swear half the people on here just want to moan about absolutely everything it really is Pathetic!!!!

Archived