IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

Jasper Testimitanu

On reflection fellas maybe SC wants him as back up or just to fill a gap in the squad for this season? If SC continues to play with 3 CB's then we only realistically have Carey & Brundle as cover. We will be one CB short as cover, as Wilson is clearly completely surplus.

If we get rid of him now it means we will have to sign another CB and for what? To sit on the bench? It will just clog the squad up even more. Once Osbourne is signed permanently we have a solid back line.

Look I really don't want to see Fonts in a City shirt again but if he is only here as a back up it really does make sense to keep him until the end of the season. I have been thinking about this all day and I don't think he deserves another chance but it will mean we can strengthen in other areas. I'm just looking at the bigger picture really and it will add balance (purely because of his left foot, nothing else!!) to a back line that is getting stronger. I also think importantly it will prevent young Mitch Brundle from being shunted further down the pecking order. All in all this could be a clever bit of business from SC, I certainly hope so anyway.

The first choice 3 when fit will more than likely be- Osbourne, Flint, Williams.

Back ups- Carey, Brundle, Fontaine.

If he plays, and plays well, and should be judged on that.

If he plays, and plays badly, he should be judged on that too.

People were talking about how Cunningham has gone to seed not two months back, so under a new boss everyone should get a chance.

Granted, Fontaine does have to bare some responsibility for the team's poor form last season and earlier this one, but that is gone now; it's all hands to the pump, regardless of history.

With Williams out and no league points at stake, Watford would be a good testing ground.  Plus, with Flint, Williams and now what looks like Osborne on the book, we at least don't need to rely on him, as we have in the past. 

And wasn't he at Yeovil when they shocked them at Vicarage Road earlier this season too?

Cunningham didn't have two awful seasons and, in his case, it was a bad injury that led to the loss of form.

Fonts has been an utter liability since his Southampton move fell through. So we've seen poor play under three managers - four if you count Johnson, as obviously he didn't think he cut the mustard at Yeovil.

It's no good saying "all hands to the pumps" if one of those hands will probably blow a hole in the side of the ship!  We've only just sorted our defensive frailty out and I don't want it - or Liam Fontaine - returning.

Cunningham didn't have two awful seasons and, in his case, it was a bad injury that led to the loss of form.

Fonts has been an utter liability since his Southampton move fell through. So we've seen poor play under three managers - four if you count Johnson, as obviously he didn't think he cut the mustard at Yeovil.

It's no good saying "all hands to the pumps" if one of those hands will probably blow a hole in the side of the ship!  We've only just sorted our defensive frailty out and I don't want it - or Liam Fontaine - returning.

That is fair, though by the level of abuse some players get after just a handful of dodgy games it's amazing they are ever welcomed back then, as Cunningham is now.

Fontaine has been poor for a prolonged time, I'd not dispute that, and I lay that blame at a combination of his door of course, but also McInnes too, who (without wishing to move too far off topic) is starting to be viewed through rose tinted specs somewhat.  McInnes had zero idea how to utilise and motivate the squad, many of whom he signed, and I feel the root of Fontaine's rapid fall were in his mismanagement.  Just because he is now riding high in a terrible, terrible league (trust me, I've seen plenty SPL to say that) McInnes' reign is being viewed more favourably, erroneously in my eyes  But, sorry, back to the point...

My point was more about SC than Fontaine really; the first few performances he's pulled out of the very same players SO'D had (and in many cases bought) are leaps and bounds more positive than might have been expected, so if he's saying that Fontaine has a place in the squad, and places faith in him, then I suggest that we do to.  

It's true; he's got 'form' for being damn poor, and could 'sink the ship' with a mistake, but then you could say that about a number of players.  Flint has looked much improved under SC; previously he was responsible for more than a few dropped points this year already (Port Vale being the clear stand out).

I'm not saying he a new saviour, and would say we've at least three better players than him in that position currently (and I'd like to see Brundle given a shot at some point too), but if he plays I'll judge him on now, not before, hence why Watford (with no league points at stake) may be a decent chance at his rehabilitation.  Mess up there, he's never seen again; no one cries.

It's true; he's got 'form' for being damn poor, and could 'sink the ship' with a mistake, but then you could say that about a number of players.  Flint has looked much improved under SC; previously he was responsible for more than a few dropped points this year already (Port Vale being the clear stand out).

If it was Fonts making the horrendous gaffs Flint was making a month or two ago, he'd have got the dogs abuse no doubt.

Flint was decisively bad, but Fonts was indecisively bad. Maybe that is why one gets slack and the other doesn't?

It won't worry me if Fonts starts Saturday. I'm not expecting a win, and I think Cotterill would like to se him in action before deciding to bin him.

See if Lee Johnson will take him off of our hands :D

If it was Fonts making the horrendous gaffs Flint was making a month or two ago, he'd have got the dogs abuse no doubt.

Flint was decisively bad, but Fonts was indecisively bad. Maybe that is why one gets slack and the other doesn't?

It won't worry me if Fonts starts Saturday. I'm not expecting a win, and I think Cotterill would like to se him in action before deciding to bin him.

he might do a shorey,bring him on then take him off again and show him the door.

on the other hand,they might get on like house on fire and that in itself could get fonts back in form

I never want to see him in a City shirt again, and for me it has little to do with him being a liability and his confidence being shot to sh*t...

...it's more to do with the fact that last season he was one of the main culprits for swaggering around putting in no effort and generally looking like he didn't give a flying **** as we tumbled pathetically through the trapdoor. His crisis of confidence and loss of basic ability has merely served to ensure that he is the one bad apple that we are still lumbered with. Even his former mentor has 'returned to sender'. Add to this the repeated rumours of him being an arrogant 'big-time Charlie' and the result is that as far as this poster is concerned he can do one. I don't care if he rediscovers the form of his life.

Cotterill's comments today don't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement to me.

My guess is that he'll be on the bench against Watford but with Williams then back he'll slip out of contention afterwards and either leave on loan again or spend the rest of the season in the stands or the U21s.

Cotterill's comments today don't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement to me.

My guess is that he'll be on the bench against Watford but with Williams then back he'll slip out of contention afterwards and either leave on loan again or spend the rest of the season in the stands or the U21s.

Hope not but think you might be right.

i think he will start tomorrow GC !!

Poor brundle, bet he cant belive his luck

Fresh start, once a decent player, we all need an open mind, by all accounts he did OK for Yeovil in the Championship. Personally I blame Del for persisting with him when things started going wrong, his confidence got shot to pieces.

If he'd done that well there he'd still be there. His last game was a 5-1 demolition by a mid-table side.

WHY? Proven to cock it up for more than one season. Hes had several chances to prove how shit he is.

Same old...

We have limited centre back options and whilst he's still employed by BCFC, when he's on the pitch, it would be nice if our fans actually support him given he's one of eleven people attempting to get the club a win.

If he has a bad performance then fine, criticise him, but to be slagging him off because he's picked while the game is a few minutes old? Do you do that at the ground, boo if players you don't like are selected?

The old fresh start doesn't apply to Liam then I guess. Same old...

Everyone deserves a fresh start. However how many fresh starts has he had now?

His attitude under McInnes was the final straw for many, myself included. Fair enough, Cotterill is giving him a chance but he's not a player I personally want to see again, hopefully today is just a case of putting him in the shop window due to Williams absence for today, personally I'd rather given Brundle or even Carey a game.

Just hope he leaves the club before end of month personally.

Archived