IGNORED

The Darts Thread

Big Red Rich

1 hour ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Should be known as the semi professional world darts championship. 

Read somewhere today only 20 games in the history of the BDO Worlds have had a 100+ average. The 2018 PDC Worlds had 25 alone :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I’d still have Lakeside as the venue over anywhere else. Proper home of darts and much more respectful crowd.. 

Have to agree. The booing of MVG in that semi final was disgraceful. 

5 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I’d still have Lakeside as the venue over anywhere else. Proper home of darts and much more respectful crowd.. 

Price of £400k winners cheque I'm afraid, if Lakeside was the venue you'd not have the prize money. PDC decided a long time which road it was going down. Wait until Berlin in the premier league this year.

The BDO does its job very well, running super league, county darts and women's darts but to call the winner a full world champion, sorry not even close. Glen Durrant, number one seed, is still working full time, semi professional at best and the difference in standard bears this out

15 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Price of £400k winners cheque I'm afraid, if Lakeside was the venue you'd not have the prize money. PDC decided a long time which road it was going down. Wait until Berlin in the premier league this year.

The BDO does its job very well, running super league, county darts and women's darts but to call the winner a full world champion, sorry not even close. Glen Durrant, number one seed, is still working full time, semi professional at best and the difference in standard bears this out

Oh I know what you mean. The Hearns pack in as many as they can if it’s darts/boxing whatever. I guess to me it’s like snooker having a split and then not playing at the crucible - it wouldn’t be the same

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

I see it was announced today that the pdc will no longer be using walk on girls as it is now deemed inappropriate. Good decision or out of touch decision? 

Pressure put on by the PC brigade and its FLA (female liberation army) 

9 hours ago, phantom said:

I see it was announced today that the pdc will no longer be using walk on girls as it is now deemed inappropriate. Good decision or out of touch decision? 

Probably because Phil’s not around to bundle them in the back of his van anymore. 

I guess it maybe just a dated thing more than PC - you’ve not seen ring girls at boxing for many a year 

1 hour ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

The girls don't think it's a good decision, they've just been made redundant, wonder if uncle Barry has paid them redundancy for losing their jobs through no fault of their own

It’s irrelevant what those ‘girls’ think.  Ladies is a less condescending term, or so females tell me 

• Admin
14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Premier League starts tonight from Dublin. No Taylor, Wade,Chisnell or Lewis thankfully.

Was certainly an "odd" line up - at first glance it looked like it was lacking some real quality in depth

Gerwyn was playing in a tournament in my social club only a few years back - seems odd seeing him in the PL

55 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Never warmed to the bloke. His downfall has been pretty spectacular however 

Indeed it has....................:rofl2br:

There are several dart players I can't warm to, Wade, Chisnall and Lewis. Never liked Taylor either. Lewis always came over as a bully for some reason.

Im delighted none of them are in the PL.

Archived