IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

I think Matchroom and AJ would ideally fight Wilder next but both the WBC and Deontay's team seem happy to keep feeding him bums like Washington, they've mandated Stivirne again for his next fight ffs, he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it. And as for Fury, have you seen him lately?! He looks like Tony Soprano!

In the absence of a unification, Haye is the obvious next fight for AJ if he does a job tomorrow imo.

Who have you got in Thurman Garcia mate?

It's a pick em fight mate,really looking forward to it,maybe Thurman if my life depended on it

10 hours ago, Stortz said:

I think Matchroom and AJ would ideally fight Wilder next but both the WBC and Deontay's team seem happy to keep feeding him bums like Washington, they've mandated Stivirne again for his next fight ffs, he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it. And as for Fury, have you seen him lately?! He looks like Tony Soprano!

In the absence of a unification, Haye is the obvious next fight for AJ if he does a job tomorrow imo.

Who have you got in Thurman Garcia mate?

I'm not sure Eddie Hearn wants AJ anywhere near David Haye yet,

As somebody has said, tonight is all about making TB some serious cash as he won't live with Haye for very long in the ring. 

45 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I'm not sure Eddie Hearn wants AJ anywhere near David Haye yet,

As somebody has said, tonight is all about making TB some serious cash as he won't live with Haye for very long in the ring. 

I agree, I don't think they would have wanted the Haye fight until at least next year in an ideal world but there's a dearth of available, credible opposition in the second half of the year- presuming AJ beats old man Wlad. You can't go from a fight like that back to b class fighters. Imagine he announces he's fighting Pulev at the o2 after 90k against a legend at Wembley, both him and Hearn would get slaughtered.

Matchroom's best hope will be Parker for a unification next I guess but the feeling is his team doesn't want that fight yet, he even walked away from a mandatory shot at AJ last year.

Haye is obviously a potentially massively dangerous fight for Joshua, but who else is there? AJ certainly doesn't seem the sort to duck a fight and it's nailed on that barring a miracle from Bellew, Haye will be calling him out tonight.

Really hope Fury gets better and returns, he's only 28 so plenty of time. Would love to see him fight AJ somewhere down the line. With Wilder, Parker, Ortiz and possibly Haye as well I'm hoping to see some super fights in the heavyweight division over the next few years.

Can't make my mind up what I want to happen tonight, part of me want to see Bellew cause an upset and another part wants me to see Haye destroy him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Really hope Fury gets better and returns, he's only 28 so plenty of time. Would love to see him fight AJ somewhere down the line. With Wilder, Parker, Ortiz and possibly Haye as well I'm hoping to see some super fights in the heavyweight division over the next few years.

Can't make my mind up what I want to happen tonight, part of me want to see Bellew cause an upset and another part wants me to see Haye destroy him. 

Hey Owl, great result for your boys today, fair play.

I really wonder if Fury will ever return tbh, he might just decide he has enough money and can't be arsed like Naz did.

If Haye Bellew somehow goes beyond 3 tonight it's going to get ugly imo!

• Like 2

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Bellew isn't the best but he's hardly a bum

Ok, what I meant was Haye is a smart guy who likes his face and doesn't like getting hit. Despite all this 'I'm a warrior' bollox he only want to be involved in fights that he can win in under 5 rounds. Or dance around the ring not getting hurt ie Klitchko fight.

I don't believe he wants to go in the ring with a young, hungry fighter who is considerably bigger than him with genuine ko power.

We'll see but I don't think Haye/AJ will ever happen for that reason.

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Hey Owl, great result for your boys today, fair play.

I really wonder if Fury will ever return tbh, he might just decide he has enough money and can't be arsed like Naz did.

If Haye Bellew somehow goes beyond 3 tonight it's going to get ugly imo!

Hi Stortz, yeah great result for us today, nobody could believe it with the way we've been playing recently.

Agree about Fury, would be such a shame though, don't think many would agree with me but I think he might be the best of the lot. Going to have a look for a stream for tonight, there's a guy called Henno online I'm looking for who puts on live streams for £2, I used him for the last AJ fight and it was great quality, will post a link if I find it.

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ok, what I meant was Haye is a smart guy who likes his face and doesn't like getting hit. Despite all this 'I'm a warrior' bollox he only want to be involved in fights that he can win in under 5 rounds. Or dance around the ring not getting hurt ie Klitchko fight.

I don't believe he wants to go in the ring with a young, hungry fighter who is considerably bigger than him with genuine ko power.

We'll see but I don't think Haye/AJ will ever happen for that reason.

Haye blew all the money from his last pay day against klit,have a feeling he will continue to chase money and lose it all again because he isn't the sharpest tool in the box

6 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Haye destroy him 

• Like 1