IGNORED

Cotts now under pressure??

Londoner

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely I'd like to know what people think... If we played Rotherham away 100 times, how many times would we be spanked 3-0? I suspect the answer would be once or twice. 

The haters seem to have selective amnesia about the good performances we've been putting in for the last few weeks. Yes it's a bad result. Undoubtedly. But pressure on Cotts? Are we for ******* real?

Fordy, we're a point off the bottom if Bolton win their game in hand. Why wouldn't he be under pressure? 

4 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Of course he's not under pressure, only the simple folk think so :thumbsup:

You normally post welll Doozer (Fordy same for you)

But if you think that any manager I of a side in our position with an ambitious chairman is not under pressure you are living in cuckoo land

Bet you SC feels 'under pressure' whether he admits it or not

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You normally post welll Doozer

But if you think that any manager I of a side in our position with an ambitious chairman is not under pressure you are living in cuckoo land

Bet you SC feels 'under pressure' whether he admits it or not

Nobody posted Cotts was under pressure this morning, knee jerk band wagon jumpers out in force tonight

5 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Nobody posted Cotts was under pressure this morning, knee jerk band wagon jumpers out in force tonight

He was under (albeit less) pressure this morning whether someone posted it or not - That's Football

And a 3-0 defeat and dire performance at Rotherham will undoubtedly have increased the pressure valve as it would of any manager of any club in our position

if you're argument is today changes nothing nor does one of the three wins to date

think what is concerning fans tonight is the performance as much as the result

(And the depth in a threadbare in quality squad, lack of options, use of loanees etc)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He was under (albeit less) pressure this morning whether someone posted it or not - That's Football

And a 3-0 defeat and dire performance at Rotherham will undoubtedly have increased the pressure valve as it would of any manager of any club in our position

if you're argument is today changes nothing nor does one of the three wins to date

think what is concerning fans tonight is the performance as much as the reault

Granted today was a shocker, but thats football. If it was at all predictable i would be loaded at the expense of Sky Bet..:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Fordy, we're a point off the bottom if Bolton win their game in hand. Why wouldn't he be under pressure? 

Because it's a long old season and it isn't even December yet!!

Perhaps we should show some loyalty to a manager who achieved one of the best seasons I can ever remember.  And don't give me the "there's no sentiment in football" bollocks. Cotterill achieved a double, with record number of points, playing the right kind of football.  That doesn't disappear during a pre-season. It's also amusing to see how the same old suspects are crawling out to pick on Cotterill.  It can't be long before @spudski tells us how "Cotterill has lost the dressing room" !

20 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely I'd like to know what people think... If we played Rotherham away 100 times, how many times would we be spanked 3-0? I suspect the answer would be once or twice. 

The haters seem to have selective amnesia about the good performances we've been putting in for the last few weeks. Yes it's a bad result. Undoubtedly. But pressure on Cotts? Are we for ******* real?

Have our performances been that good?1 i don't think they've been great!

33 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

You really are totally clueless.... He did not turn the summer transfer period into a  shambles ... That was s.lansdown

So tell me, was the decision to go for completely unrealistic and un reachable targets down to Stephen Lansdown then?

Was it not the manager's decision to go for these players and ignore going for far more reachable targets within our wage budget that probably and more than likely would have improved on the likes of Marlon Park and co.. Please explain how this was the boards fault mucker, i am intrigued?

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

Because it's a long old season and it isn't even December yet!!

Perhaps we should show some loyalty to a manager who achieved one of the best seasons I can ever remember.  And don't give me the "there's no sentiment in football" bollocks. Cotterill achieved a double, with record number of points, playing the right kind of football.  That doesn't disappear during a pre-season. It's also amusing to see how the same old suspects are crawling out to pick on Cotterill.  It can't be long before @spudski tells us how "Cotterill has lost the dressing room" !

It's nearly halfway through the season and we're very close to the bottom of the table. Of course he's under pressure. 

Just putting it out there then - if we go down will you stand by your stance that it was the right thing to do to give him as much time as he wanted? I doubt it. 

For the second time, I'm NOT saying he should be sacked and never have done. 

The question was 'is he under pressure' and the answer is yes, whether people like it or not. If I was amongst the worst performers in my line of work I'd also be under pressure. That's life. 

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

"If" 

And four points if not, what's your point? Like that's so much better? A point separates us from the bottom three, and to suggest that a manager wouldn't/shouldn't be feeling pressure in that scenario, when we're nearly half way through the season is ludicrous. 

Calling for the Manager at this point is ....... stupid..... slightly, stick with...... the fault was in the pre-season signings or lack of(?) survive and stay in league 2 is the goal... oh yes the media call it the Championship but we are in division 2..... let us hope to stay up and build..... and I do believe that we BCFC can scrape through.... and that is what we need to do this season?

33 minutes ago, Super said:

He needs to now stop being loyal to these players, yes they were superb last season and deserved the chance but some just can't cut it I'm afraid. Freeman certainly.

Nail on the head tbh. 

I would have dropped Freeman a few weeks ago, last season he dominated many games but this season he has come up short and has less influence in games. I rate him as a player and i think he can do it at this level but i think a few weeks on the bench is needed....i guess he can count himself lucky that Marlon will miss the next match.

28 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Come on perspective please...I do feel the summer was a disgrace in terms of the transfer dealings, but surely he deserves the January transfer window to turn this around and improve the areas we are lacking in. We know money is available and in my opinion a goalkeeper is a must, a centre back, a replacement for pack and a striker.

i think it has been mentioned that it is two years ago pretty much to the day that he took over, short memories considering the despair we were in then. We are no cut adrift and a couple of wins changes everything.

one thing i have noticed is that Kodjia hasn't been as effective since wilbs has been out, but what I equally don't understand is why a proven striker at this level in cox is not even getting enough sub time.

stick for me as the majority of this team and the manager gave us the best season we will ever have merely months ago

I understand this view, I sympathise with it too because in reality I think sacking Cotterill is a horrible thing to do as he has done so much for the club, but, I also think in the past this club has been far too nice for it's own good and in really the board should be ruthless in pursuit of giving us the best possible chance to improve our standing and if they feel there is a better man for the job and we can bring him in then maybe they have to make a business decision rather than allowing a past glory to dictate how much time SC gets.

1 hour ago, ciderup said:

Here's my thoughts on this dilemma.

Cotts has certainly earned the right to have a go at this level but for how long does goodwill last?

Our summer recruitment, or lack of it, was an absolute shambles, a real cock up. Who's to blame is pretty much irrelevant but it can't happen again in January.

If you're SL, do you trust Cott's with a decent transfer budget in January or not? If it's not, then I would suggest SL needs to act sooner rather than later so any new incumbent can assess the current squad before the window opens in just over 4 weeks.

Last summer and the consequent moaning about 'quality' and 'budget' doesn't sit well with me. We offered £6M and £9M for players so he can't say he hasn't been backed.

Should he go? A few weeks ago, I would have come down firmly on the 'no' side but I'm starting to doubt his abilities at this level and am erring towards 'yes' if I'm being honest. Luckily, I'm just a supporter and don't have to make these decisions but 27,500 seats back in L1 is not a proposition I believe SL has contemplated.

Last season was the best as a city supporter of someone of my generation and for me personally a lot of that goes down to SC. However, we're struggling this year a serious lack of reinvestment into the squad, how much of that is down to SC or the board not sure? However, where I feel SC falls down is the lack of team changes on a regular basis and that will ultimately be his downfall, loyalty. Next Saturday , seriously how many changes will be made? It will be the same 11 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I understand this view, I sympathise with it too because in reality I think sacking Cotterill is a horrible thing to do as he has done so much for the club, but, I also think in the past this club has been far too nice for it's own good and in really the board should be ruthless in pursuit of giving us the best possible chance to improve our standing and if they feel there is a better man for the job and we can bring him in then maybe they have to make a business decision rather than allowing a past glory to dictate how much time SC gets.

Far to nice to Managers in the past  that just maybe didn't have the right stuff........ Cotterill is now suffering the same (?) it's still a league 3 team playing in league 2 and that is never gonna be easy......... if he get us to stay up this season then he really needs to stamp his mark and get Steve L to pay out the cash that will make the difference in this division....... then and only then will I judge Cotterill............... erm why oh why did players that might have been targets not come to us.......?

I cant quite see the difference between last seasons star players needing to be replaced this term (Freeman, Wilbs, Bryan, Ayling etc) and last seasons star manager needing to be replaced. We all have our limitations of ability and if the jobs too big, then its time to go. Something has gone wrong since the end of last season within the club. Too many chiefs perhaps?

12 minutes ago, daored said:

Last season was the best as a city supporter of someone of my generation and for me personally a lot of that goes down to SC. However, we're struggling this year a serious lack of reinvestment into the squad, how much of that is down to SC or the board not sure? However, where I feel SC falls down is the lack of team changes on a regular basis and that will ultimately be his downfall, loyalty. Next Saturday , seriously how many changes will be made? It will be the same 11 

Sounds like you're having the same dilemma as me fella! What happened last summer is a moot point, we just don't know? The one thing we can be sure of is that SL won't be walking away so where does that leave us?

Rather SL make that choice than me as I just don't know what to do for the best regarding the club.

I think it comes down to 2 things. Firstly, SC should not moan publicly about finance, that should always be kept in-house. Secondly and far more importantly, does SL still trust SC as the man to spend possibly big money in January? If he does then we fight on but if he doesn't, this is only going to end one way IMHO.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

At least SC is probably under less pressure or immediate danger of the bullet than some...

Steve McClaren

Little Lee spring to mind for a start !!!

Still if SL does Fire Cotts at least there is an obvious replacement now available

Dean Saunders sacked by Chesterfield :whistle:

I'd rather have Dean Martin or Jennifer Saunders

18 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Sounds like you're having the same dilemma as me fella! What happened last summer is a moot point, we just don't know? The one thing we can be sure of is that SL won't be walking away so where does that leave us?

Rather SL make that choice than me as I just don't know what to do for the best regarding the club.

I think it comes down to 2 things. Firstly, SC should not moan publicly about finance, that should always be kept in-house. Secondly and far more importantly, does SL still trust SC as the man to spend possibly big money in January? If he does then we fight on but if he doesn't, this is only going to end one way IMHO.

SL will do what has to be done to protect his investment in our ground, whether its players/manager or both required/or not;

Whether its Cotts or someone else that hits the transfer window may depend on our results between now and then.

imo SL will stick with SC and our midfield and attack will be boosted in Jan, whatever the cost.

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

SL will do what has to be done to protect his investment in our ground, whether its players/manager or both required/or not;

Whether its Cotts or someone else that hits the transfer window may depend on our results between now and then.

imo SL will stick with SC and our midfield and attack will be boosted in Jan, whatever the cost.

Fair enough Glos but I question wether your final statement actually ties in with your first one which is the crux of the dilemma.

When push comes to shove, only one person actually knows what SL is thinking and we can only guess.

Personally, I'm thinking change may be necessary and I'm genuinely gutted to have to say that!

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

At least SC is probably under less pressure or immediate danger of the bullet than some...

Steve McClaren

Little Lee spring to mind for a start !!!

Still if SL does Fire Cotts at least there is an obvious replacement now available

Dean Saunders sacked by Chesterfield :whistle:

Bored of this now....... Eddie Howe   got B'mth up to the first division (aka the all beholden Premiership)  ....... good manager.... and lucky I say.......

Archived