IGNORED

Cotts now under pressure??

Londoner

12 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I hope to God we never play in the JPT ever again. I've seen us win that 3 times, it's not exactly something to shout about for a club with a billionaire owner, is it? Is that the sum of our ambitions?

I've mentioned the new ground and the much improved training facilities - but what has changed since SL took over? I'll say it again, we're still an averagely poor Div 2 team

We all hope to god we don't play in it again...But we we won it. Southampton did prior to making it to the Premier League...It is in OUR trophy room right along side The Anglo Scottish Cup WHICH I SAW US WIN in 1976 and fock all since! 

Unless you are in your 50s/60s we have done fock all for a life time so I will take what I can get because having no money and idiots running the club got us into a meltdown of massive proportions, are you old enough to remember 82?....So please shove your I've seen three three JPTs it is the sum of our ambitions up your ass!

You mentioned a new stadium....Everything that has changed is clear you choose to ignore it for a few cheap brownies on a forum that no one at the club gives a shit about, and unless you are a billionaire prepared to bankroll sport in Bristol your third form irony about what has changed is pretty moot!!

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

We all hope to god we don't play in it again...But we we won it. Southampton did prior to making it to the Premier League...It is in OUR trophy room right along side The Anglo Scottish Cup WHICH I SAW US WIN in 1976 and fock all since! 

Unless you are in your 50s/60s we have done fock all for a life time so I will take what I can get because having no money and idiots running the club got us into a meltdown of massive proportions, are you old enough to remember 82?....So please shove your I've seen three three JPTs it is the sum of our ambitions up your ass!

You mentioned a new stadium....Everything that has changed is clear you choose to ignore it for a few cheap brownies on a forum that no one at the club gives a shit about, and unless you are a billionaire prepared to bankroll sport in Bristol your third form irony about what has changed is pretty moot!!

Is that you Mr Lansdown ?

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Tuck your blouse in, poppet

So, tell me. You're happy to have a shiny stadium half filled, because you remember 1982 - is that right? I started going down in 87, so I missed it, but I know the story, every City fans knows the story. I remember the Bolton FR win, fantastic, a club rising from the ashes. We were skint, but happy. We're not skint now, I'm not happy bidding £9m for players then offering them wages that don't match. But it's ok, because we have a shiny new stadium that can comfortably hold the 10,000 needed for Colchester on a Tuesday night, I'll sleep easy tonight. How have I ignored the new stadium, I've probably mentioned it in every post on this thread. As for brownie points, do you see anyone backing me up? Surprised we've not got 3 golden stars above our badge to celebrate such a massive achievement

And no, I'm not a billionaire, unfortunately. Was wondering when someone would come out with that. It's a forum, it's my views. You don't like please put me on ignore, it's not the first time I've said this about the SL reign, hopefully it's the last. But why take the chance, do it now

4 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Tuck your blouse in, poppet

So, tell me. You're happy to have a shiny stadium half filled, because you remember 1982 - is that right? I started going down in 87, so I missed it, but I know the story, every City fans knows the story. I remember the Bolton FR win, fantastic, a club rising from the ashes. We were skint, but happy. We're not skint now, I'm not happy bidding £9m for players then offering them wages that don't match. But it's ok, because we have a shiny new stadium that can comfortably hold the 10,000 needed for Colchester on a Tuesday night, I'll sleep easy tonight. How have I ignored the new stadium, I've probably mentioned it in every post on this thread. As for brownie points, do you see anyone backing me up? Surprised we've not got 3 golden stars above our badge to celebrate such a massive achievement

And no, I'm not a billionaire, unfortunately. Was wondering when someone would come out with that. It's a forum, it's my views. You don't like please put me on ignore, it's not the first time I've said this about the SL reign, hopefully it's the last. But why take the chance, do it now

You are correct poppet! It is a forum....The bugger with free speech is it works both ways...You have your say and I have mine....That's how it works. People allowed to have an unfettered say will end up being the only ones anyone hears....That does not work for me in this instance!.... 

What do you mean 'happy to have a half filled stadium' the stadium is full every week, I assume you allude to the possibility of relegation next season with a finished stadium that some one else has paid for....Yes well that one is a long way off.

What on earth do you know about what wages were offered to any player....This has been gone over time and time again Gayle did not want to drop from the prem Lingard is in the MUFC first team who also made the very obvious right choice to stay and Gray went to Burnley as they had a much better chance of promotion and has said as much in the press, which also looks like an excellent decision....see link! 

You ignore everything that does not align with your views and make shit up as you go along....Which is very clear....I would suggest you put me on ignore then you don't actually have to read what the reality is outside your fantasy world and continue to post utter bollox unfettered in your own mind!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13631980.Burnley_a_better_place_than_Bristol_City_for_me__says_new_Clarets_striker_Andre_Gray/

38 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You are correct poppet! It is a forum....The bugger with free speech is it works both ways...You have your say and I have mine....That's how it works. People allowed to have an unfettered say will end up being the only ones anyone hears....That does not work for me in this instance!.... 

What do you mean 'happy to have a half filled stadium' the stadium is full every week, I assume you allude to the possibility of relegation next season with a finished stadium that some one else has paid for....Yes well that one is a long way off.

What on earth do you know about what wages were offered to any player....This has been gone over time and time again Gayle did not want to drop from the prem Lingard is in the MUFC first team who also made the very obvious right choice to stay and Gray went to Burnley as they had a much better chance of promotion and has said as much in the press, which also looks like an excellent decision....see link! 

You ignore everything that does not align with your views and make shit up as you go along....Which is very clear....I would suggest you put me on ignore then you don't actually have to read what the reality is outside your fantasy world and continue to post utter bollox unfettered in your own mind!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13631980.Burnley_a_better_place_than_Bristol_City_for_me__says_new_Clarets_striker_Andre_Gray/

I'm not complaining about you having your say, you're complaining about me having mine, because you don't agree with me

I allude to the possibility of relegation this season, not next

What do I know about wages? It's possible I know a little more than you. Gayle would've come if we paid him x amount, Gray quite rightly turned us down when Burnley became interested (I don't blame him for that), Lingard was bollocks, wasn't it? Nothing was confirmed on that, pure forum talk

As for what I'm ignoring, you're going to need to spell it out for me - I'm not sure what I've ignored? And making up shit? Again, send me what I've made up, that may keep you busy. You may need to calm down a little bit before you respond though, for some reason this is really boiling your piss, but you're talking absolute shite on those two points

You want to blow smoke up the mans arse, that's fine, carry on. You'll have to accept that I won't be joining the queue just yet

50 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I may have read this wrong but it seems a bit unnecessarily hostile here. I see you and @Woodsyas two of the friendlier posters on here so am surprised to see this.

The points being made by both of you are interesting and valid - just a bit surprised at the hostility !

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I'm not complaining about you having your say, you're complaining about me having mine, because you don't agree with me

What do I know about wages? It's possible I know a little more than you. Gayle would've come if we paid him x amount, Gray quite rightly turned us down when Burnley became interested (I don't blame him for that), Lingard was bollocks, wasn't it? Nothing was confirmed on that, pure forum talk

As for what I'm ignoring, you're going to need to spell it out for me - I'm not sure what I've ignored? And making up shit? Again, send me what I've made up, that may keep you busy. You may need to calm down a little bit before you respond though, for some reason this is really boiling your piss, but you're talking absolute shite on those two points

You want to blow smoke up the mans arse, that's fine, carry on. You'll have to accept that I won't be joining the queue just yet

Seems to be the norm on here, if you're critical about something to do with City.. someone will complain. Is Cotterill and SL really exempt from criticism, or are fans not allowed to form a sensible opinion against??

For the record, I agree 100% with everythingt you have said on this thread Woodsy

1 hour ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Seems to be the norm on here, if you're critical about something to do with City.. someone will complain. Is Cotterill and SL really exempt from criticism, or are fans not allowed to form a sensible opinion against??

For the record, I agree 100% with everythingt you have said on this thread Woodsy

Thank you! Been waiting for a bit of support, thought I was on my own!

15 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I am the perfect age to have just missed out on the glory days, old enough for the terrible demise and the lack of anything since. Do I qualify for some sort of refund? 

On 12/1/2015, 8:44:45, Woodsy said:

I have never complained about you having a say but I have complained about what you have said....Again that is free speech! Poppet (your term)!

It is clear what you allude again to regarding relegation and the Lansdowns and SL, lets hope it doesn't happen and the club are working to ensure it does not, but the clear point is that if god forbid we are relegated we will still have a football club to support unlike many who might have the same fate, is that not clear?

What do you know about wages is what you have made up as you have gone along as has been pointed out, but feel free to post exactly what you do know and the comparisons between the clubs, I am sure the clubs could have a good laugh or we will all be enlightened, maybe some can assess some of the shit you are making up or hey perhaps plug the leak of confidential information at two clubs of someone's personal contract....Waiting to see which it will be. However You ignore Gayles own commentary on wages also posted earlier!

As for Lingard, he was allowed to leave by Van Gaal and come here that is public record, however to the best of my knowledge a serious conversation never took place because the boy said no way....

I spelled out in great detail much of what you ignore, which you choose to ignore on 9:32 yesterday on this thread which you continue to ignore....In bold below! Also as above we will still have a club even if the worse happens in your words against Colchester in front of 10,000 on a Tuesday, yes that makes me sleep easier...  

Blowing smoke up anyone's ass are your words (again) and it appears it is your game on here not mine, it can be clearly seen! Boiling Piss not even sure what that means!

Champions of League 1, JPT holders, no money worries, new pitch, new training facilities aside from the almost complete brand new stadium, which in turn is likely to yield a new railway station, a squad full of young players that are likely to yield a profit (struggling a little at the moment maybe), a higher profile for the club with higher TV revenues and conference facilities which will allow us to compete much better for players that don't really know anything about us and improve cash flow in a changing environment.

I am not sure what you are suggesting, but if you want Premier league football our chances are ten million times greater with SL behind it...As for his ownership, whilst you may think this pedantic he is the majority shareholder and my shares are stacked in behind him every time!

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have never complained about you having a say but I have complained about what you have said....Again that is free speech! Poppet (your term)!

It is clear what you allude again to regarding relegation and the Lansdowns and SL, lets hope it doesn't happen and the club are working to ensure it does not, but the clear point is that if god forbid we are relegated we will still have a football club to support unlike many who might have the same fate, is that not clear?

What do you know about wages is what you have made up as you have gone along as has been pointed out, but feel free to post exactly what you do know and the comparisons between the clubs, I am sure the clubs could have a good laugh or we will all be enlightened, maybe some can assess some of the shit you are making up or hey perhaps plug the leak of confidential information at two clubs of someone's personal contract....Waiting to see which it will be. However You ignore Gayles own commentary on wages also posted earlier!

As for Lingard, he was allowed to leave by Van Gaal and come here that is public record, however to the best of my knowledge a serious conversation never took place because the boy said no way....

I spelled out in great detail much of what you ignore, which you choose to ignore on 9:32 yesterday on this thread which you continue to ignore....In bold below! Also as above we will still have a club even if the worse happens in your words against Colchester in front of 10,000 on a Tuesday, yes that makes me sleep easier...  

Blowing smoke up anyone's ass are your words (again) and it appears it is your game on here not mine, it can be clearly seen! Boiling Piss not even sure what that means!

Champions of League 1, JPT holders, no money worries, new pitch, new training facilities aside from the almost complete brand new stadium, which in turn is likely to yield a new railway station, a squad full of young players that are likely to yield a profit (struggling a little at the moment maybe), a higher profile for the club with higher TV revenues and conference facilities which will allow us to compete much better for players that don't really know anything about us and improve cash flow in a changing environment.

I am not sure what you are suggesting, but if you want Premier league football our chances are ten million times greater with SL behind it...As for his ownership, whilst you may think this pedantic he is the majority shareholder and my shares are stacked in behind him every time!

Deary me, you are in a right pickle here, aren't you?

You just don't get the point I'm making, and that's fine. So I'm going to spell it out again, read it slowly and it might sink in:

Do you think we are any further forward, on the pitch, than we were when SL took over? That is my question

Right - onto the other stuff

Who has pointed out that I make stuff up about wages? To my knowledge, my reply to you was the first time I've alluded to what I've been told on here about it. Of course I'm not going to spill it on here, if I thought it was bullshit I would, but as everything else I've been told has come true then I'm inclined to believe it. There are people on here who know stuff, once the red mist has gone and you can read clearly you might be able to spot those people. Drop them a line, in private, and start a conversation (I'd suggest a change in attitude or I doubt they'll want to speak) and maybe you may learn a thing or two. None of it gets said in public, I guess those who care ask, those who want to accuse others of 'making up shit' (your term) don't bother. That's fine, either works for me

Lingard, where was it reported that LVG was happy for him to come here? If that is on record I've missed it. Shall I ask my contact to see what he knows? We can clear this up once and for all? It's pretty moot though, he would never have come here

I think from my replies it's pretty obvious I'm not ignoring your posts, I know we're Division 3 champions, I know we're JPT holders (where are the 3 stars on the shirt?), new stadium, training facilities etc etc. I've acknowledged all of that. I forgot to mention the new railway station though (there you go, I mentioned it now). All of this is fantastic, but if we're not going to stump up Championship wages then it's not going to matter one jot, but the Colchester fans can pick whichever seat they want, so they'll be happy. Quite how wages surprised us when we'd only been out of the league for 2 seasons I'm not sure. Have they risen that dramatically in the meantime? Division 2 stadium, Division 3 mentality

I'm not blowing smoke up anyone's ass on this one, so I'm not sure what you mean with that comment? As for boiling piss, it's a term used when something really gets to you, gets you mad - like you are getting here. Hope that helps

Ok, so back to the original question. In your opinion, are we in a better position, from a playing point of view, than when SL took over?

22 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Deary me, you are in a right pickle here, aren't you?

You just don't get the point I'm making, and that's fine. So I'm going to spell it out again, read it slowly and it might sink in:

Do you think we are any further forward, on the pitch, than we were when SL took over? That is my question

Right - onto the other stuff

Who has pointed out that I make stuff up about wages? To my knowledge, my reply to you was the first time I've alluded to what I've been told on here about it. Of course I'm not going to spill it on here, if I thought it was bullshit I would, but as everything else I've been told has come true then I'm inclined to believe it. There are people on here who know stuff, once the red mist has gone and you can read clearly you might be able to spot those people. Drop them a line, in private, and start a conversation (I'd suggest a change in attitude or I doubt they'll want to speak) and maybe you may learn a thing or two. None of it gets said in public, I guess those who care ask, those who want to accuse others of 'making up shit' (your term) don't bother. That's fine, either works for me

Lingard, where was it reported that LVG was happy for him to come here? If that is on record I've missed it. Shall I ask my contact to see what he knows? We can clear this up once and for all? It's pretty moot though, he would never have come here

I think from my replies it's pretty obvious I'm not ignoring your posts, I know we're Division 3 champions, I know we're JPT holders (where are the 3 stars on the shirt?), new stadium, training facilities etc etc. I've acknowledged all of that. I forgot to mention the new railway station though (there you go, I mentioned it now). All of this is fantastic, but if we're not going to stump up Championship wages then it's not going to matter one jot, but the Colchester fans can pick whichever seat they want, so they'll be happy. Quite how wages surprised us when we'd only been out of the league for 2 seasons I'm not sure. Have they risen that dramatically in the meantime? Division 2 stadium, Division 3 mentality

I'm not blowing smoke up anyone's ass on this one, so I'm not sure what you mean with that comment? As for boiling piss, it's a term used when something really gets to you, gets you mad - like you are getting here. Hope that helps

Ok, so back to the original question. In your opinion, are we in a better position, from a playing point of view, than when SL took over?

Deary me you are slow are you not?

Steve Lansdown took over as Chariman of BCFC in 2002 from John Laycock. At this time we were in the third tier of English football....So the answer to your question is 100% YES....This is unequivocal, undeniable and completely arguable on the only true measure that can be agreed by anyone sanely...We are in a higher division. If you knew anything about the subject matter you would not have even bothered to ask the question  the way you did as the answer is so clear! This is also a matter of public record and a short search of the internet you will find it in case perhaps you were not a supporter in 2002 who remembers?

On to to other stuff

1. You are inclined to believe what you have been told about wages but you are not prepared to spill your sources on here....Your last comment was that is it not possible that you know a little bit more about it than me....Really so anecdote from someone else third hand is you knowing more about it than me...Laughable....anecdote from me to you....Your source is wrong!

2 There were at my count today something like 18 freely available web sites that site Van Gaal allowing Lingard to move to Bristol City and City's intentions, here is just one of them...but hey perhaps your source can fill you in on that one 

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-van-gaal-clears-jesse-lingards-2-5m-move-to-bristol-city/432565

3 You are ignoring what conflicts with your existing view, someone wrote about it in OTIB fanzine recently its called cognitive dissonance

4 We are prepared to pay the wages, but the calibre of players that we chased by the club had better options that is clear...I refer you to Gayles comments for the third time!

5 Wages altered on the basis of massively increased parachute payments...Also a matter of record or anyone paying attention...Clearly Pelling ****** up which is why he was fired, perhaps your source can fill you in on this one too

6 You are stating points that are inaccurate and people are reading them and in some cases believing them that is blowing smoke up peoples ass

7 Thanks for the definition of boiling piss....I see plenty getting you mad as someone actually is calling bullshit on your bullshit!

8 I refer you to the top of this post....The answer is clearly yes since SL took as Chairman....Unless you would like to insert some other random date!

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Steve Lansdown took over as Chariman of BCFC in 2002 from John Laycock. At this time we were in the third tier of English football....So the answer to your question is 100% YES....This is unequivocal, undeniable and completely arguable on the only true measure that can be agreed by anyone sanely...We are in a higher division. If you knew anything about the subject matter you would not have even bothered to ask the question  the way you did as the answer is so clear! This is also a matter of public record and a short search of the internet you will find it in case perhaps you were not a supporter in 2002 who remembers?

On to to other stuff

1. You are inclined to believe what you have been told about wages but you are not prepared to spill your sources on here....Your last comment was that is it not possible that you know a little bit more about it than me....Really so anecdote from someone else third hand is you knowing more about it than me...Laughable....anecdote from me to you....Your source is wrong!

2 There were at my count today something like 18 freely available web sites that site Van Gaal allowing Lingard to move to Bristol City and City's intentions, here is just one of them...but hey perhaps your source can fill you in on that one 

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-van-gaal-clears-jesse-lingards-2-5m-move-to-bristol-city/432565

3 You are ignoring what conflicts with your existing view, someone wrote about it in OTIB fanzine recently its called cognitive dissonance

4 We are prepared to pay the wages, but the calibre of players that we chased by the club had better options that is clear...I refer you to Gayles comments for the third time!

5 Wages altered on the basis of massively increased parachute payments...Also a matter of record or anyone paying attention...Clearly Pelling ****** up which is why he was fired, perhaps your source can fill you in on this one too

6 You are stating points that are inaccurate and people are reading them and in some cases believing them that is blowing smoke up peoples ass

7 Thanks for the definition of boiling piss....I see plenty getting you mad as someone actually is calling bullshit on your bullshit!

8 I refer you to the top of this post....The answer is clearly yes since SL took as Chairman....Unless you would like to insert some other random date!

Ok, since SL came in and spent a lot of money on failed managers we've improved (as of today) about 10 places in the big picture from where we finished at the end of the 2001-02 season. I wonder how many millions per place that is. We've gone from being an under achieving Div 3 team to an under achieving (possibly) Div 2 side. I bet SL slaps himself on the back every day for that. I'm sure it was all part of his plan

1 - Yes, I'm inclined to believe what I've been told, and no, I wouldn't ever say it on here. That's the reason why I get the odd snippet. It's laughable that you can't accept this, honestly, do some digging on the subject. Work out who knows what, they would tell you what they tell me. It's really not difficult

2 - Is there a video of LVG saying Lingard could come here if he wants? I don't even know why we're arguing about this point. I've not said we made a bid, spoken to the player or not

3 - You really need to explain what I'm ignoring?

4 - What did Gayle say? Have you spoken to him about it? I'll go with what I've been told on that if not. Again, and this is going to make you so mad (again), everything I've been told has come off, so I'll believe them ahead of you, if that's ok?

5 - Something we can agree on, at last. Pelling ****** up and paid the price, but I can't help but think the man at the top sets the budget and wage ceiling, no?

6 - Inaccurate, or just that you don't agree with them?

7 - How am I mad? Read your responses compared to mine, I'm pretty calm about the whole thing

8 - 10 places. Well done us. Look at what Swansea, Hull & Bournemouth, and many others that are of a similar, if not smaller size than us. We've got the JPT in the trophy cabinet though, so I guess all is good

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Ok, since SL came in and spent a lot of money on failed managers we've improved (as of today) about 10 places in the big picture from where we finished at the end of the 2001-02 season. I wonder how many millions per place that is. We've gone from being an under achieving Div 3 team to an under achieving (possibly) Div 2 side. I bet SL slaps himself on the back every day for that. I'm sure it was all part of his plan

SO THE ANSWER IS YES!

1 - Yes, I'm inclined to believe what I've been told, and no, I wouldn't ever say it on here. That's the reason why I get the odd snippet. It's laughable that you can't accept this, honestly, do some digging on the subject. Work out who knows what, they would tell you what they tell me. It's really not difficult

ITS LAUGHABLE THAT YOU STILL DON'T GET IT

2 - Is there a video of LVG saying Lingard could come here if he wants? I don't even know why we're arguing about this point. I've not said we made a bid, spoken to the player or not

VIDEO :laugh:...You said where does it say Lingard was allowed to come here...I again provided you the information and gave you a selection of sources

3 - You really need to explain what I'm ignoring?

From a previous response, A squad full of young players that are likely to yield a profit (struggling a little at the moment maybe), a higher profile for the club with higher TV revenues and conference facilities which will allow us to compete much better for players that don't really know anything about us and improve cash flow in a changing environment.

I am not sure what you are suggesting, but if you want Premier league football our chances are ten million times greater with SL behind it...As for his ownership, whilst you may think this pedantic he is the majority shareholder and my shares are stacked in behind him every time!...You did eventually give a nod to a railway station in South Bristol...May I also offer jobs created regeneration of South Bristol new facilities at Failand possible new facilities at Ashton Vale, the best pitch in the country as awarde by the FA, a club that is moving forward not backward everywhere anyone cares to look and a club that is in the position to offer 6-10 million for a player A first for the region let alone for our club  

4 - What did Gayle say? Have you spoken to him about it? I'll go with what I've been told on that if not. Again, and this is going to make you so mad (again), everything I've been told has come off, so I'll believe them ahead of you, if that's ok?

I cant possibly imagine or comment on what you have been told as I all I see is misinformation...So you didn't even read the link regarding Gayle...He stated he choose Burnley for playing reasons and as he felt they had a better chance of fullfilling his own ambition...Its all in the link

5 - Something we can agree on, at last. Pelling ****** up and paid the price, but I can't help but think the man at the top sets the budget and wage ceiling, no?

Definately on Pelling....The man at the top is the Chairman....NOT the major shareholder....If the club require extra financing they will approach SL. SL is in the country under 60 days per year under UK tax regulation...Decisions about the club on an ongoing basis are made there...And SL informed as required.

6 - Inaccurate, or just that you don't agree with them?

Inaccurate

7 - How am I mad? Read your responses compared to mine, I'm pretty calm about the whole thing

Poppet, spelling it out, boiling piss et al!...I stated that there was plenty to show you getting mad, comparisons on heightened states I will leave to the psychologists....I assume you are not one? Let me know?

8 - 10 places. Well done us. Look at what Swansea, Hull & Bournemouth, and many others that are of a similar, if not smaller size than us. We've got the JPT in the trophy cabinet

though, so I guess all is good

No a complete division...Again your 8 ten places is spin. Yes and look what others have done too...Manchester City Southampton among others had wealthy chairman and eventually made it after massive struggles....Do you think the supporters of Coventry Blackpool Sheff UTD  and Blackpool would not give their teeth for a SL...Of course they would all now in Div 3.It may come as a surprise but success is not somehow a direct comparison with finances, but failure usually is ask Leeds UTD. or Ask the 82 board and all the clubs that have gone under since SL took over in 02

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

On to to other stuff

Wow....

Basically I agree with Woodsy, We have gone no further forward on the pitch in 15 years... thats a given.

If you want to look at it another way, how many clubs have bypassed us since SL took over? Its in double figures I believe, so keep on defending it but for all of SLs very honourable intentions, we are a lower half Championship club at best. Its too stop start in terms of directions the club keeps going

2002 we lost the play off final to Brighton if I remember rightly

Last season we won the division at a canter and the JPT so its a given that progress has been made particularly in terms of Woodsy's original question and the masses of other progress around the club building the blocks of success...

Yes it has been slower than anyone would like but the AV fiasco and the current rebuild to ensure we have the platform for success is ongoing and has slowed on field success...

As I have pointed out some clubs have by passed us but they didn't have many of the problems we have had, however as also pointed out some clubs have fallen below us and they count too! and many are in the same division as us Leeds Bolton Wolves et al...We are punching at the weight we can maintain right now!

We all look forward to future success which is much more likely under this regime than in other time since Harry Dolman the last person to bankroll the club, that ultimately led us to the promised land!

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

2002 we lost the play off final to Brighton if I remember rightly

Last season we won the division at a canter and the JPT so its a given that progress has been made particularly in terms of Woodsy's original question and the masses of other progress around the club building the blocks of success...

Yes it has been slower than anyone would like but the AV fiasco and the current rebuild to ensure we have the platform for success is ongoing and has slowed on field success...

As I have pointed out some clubs have by passed us but they didn't have many of the problems we have had, however as also pointed out some clubs have fallen below us and they count too! and many are in the same division as us Leeds Bolton Wolves et al...We are punching at the weight we can maintain right now!

We all look forward to future success which is much more likely under this regime than in other time since Harry Dolman the last person to bankroll the club, that ultimately led us to the promised land!

Some?? Regardless if clubs have fallen like your Blackpools etc they have still done what we haven't. 

Basically we have done next to zip in this league to convince me we'll be moving up the pyramid strucure anytime soon... would love to be proved wrong.

Chasing pie in the sky signings doesn't help.

15 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Some?? Regardless if clubs have fallen like your Blackpools etc they have still done what we haven't. 

Basically we have done next to zip in this league to convince me we'll be moving up the pyramid strucure anytime soon... would love to be proved wrong.

Chasing pie in the sky signings doesn't help.

Yes definitely with the signings but Pelling was sacked for that. 

We were play off finalists in 2008 so not exactly zip. Hull have gone from strength to relegation et al and that would have been our likely fate if we had won, but they already had a new stadium. 

Not seen Leeds Derby Sheff Wed in the prem for a while and FFP benefits those like Hull etc and having a stadium and a long term strategy etc. However I see Brighton at the top of the league a club that is a fair comparison and again likely they benefited down the line from beating us 2002. 

Point being to compete we need the benefits a benefactor brings. Ask Bournemouth...

34 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Wow....

Basically I agree with Woodsy, We have gone no further forward on the pitch in 15 years... thats a given.

If you want to look at it another way, how many clubs have bypassed us since SL took over? Its in double figures I believe, so keep on defending it but for all of SLs very honourable intentions, we are a lower half Championship club at best. Its too stop start in terms of directions the club keeps going

There's an important differentiation to be made IMO - it is more nuanced than that. We've nearly got it right, then ****** it right up, and started again, and now we seem to be getting it right. I mean just saying we've barely improved we could have stalled in the top-half of League 1 for 15 years. Yes teams have overtaken us, so have other teams not enjoyed some of the success we have. Before 2011 we hadn't finished outside the top 10 of whatever  league we were in since 1998. Three poor years was enough to take us back to where we begun. There isn't an excuse for that, but so long as we get it right, or right-er, second time around, I'd be happy, personally.

Yes definitely with the signings but Pelling was sacked for that. 

We were play off finalists in 2008 so not exactly zip. Hull have gone from strength to relegation et al and that would have been our likely fate if we had won, but they already had a new stadium. 

Not seen Leeds Derby Sheff Wed in the prem for a while and FFP benefits those like Hull etc and having a stadium and a long term strategy etc. However I see Brighton at the top of the league a club that is a fair comparison and again likely they benefited down the line from beating us 2002. 

Point being to compete we need the benefits a benefactor brings. Ask Bournemouth...

But its all ifs and buts... the cold hard reality is it didnt. 

2008, dont get me wrong was a fun and great season but luck shined on us alot and it ran mostly out with 10 games to go. However, even with the playoff defeat that was a chance to build and we didn't.

Fine to mention Leeds Derby and Wednesday but the flip side being Bournemouth, Blackpool, Cardiff, Swansea, Southampton, Reading, Stoke and the list goes on...

Don't we already have an extremely rich benefactor? Hasn't he brought us the benefits? Yes with the stadia, academy and training facilties.. no to on the pitch matters

7 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

But its all ifs and buts... the cold hard reality is it didnt. 

2008, dont get me wrong was a fun and great season but luck shined on us alot and it ran mostly out with 10 games to go. However, even with the playoff defeat that was a chance to build and we didn't.

Fine to mention Leeds Derby and Wednesday but the flip side being Bournemouth, Blackpool, Cardiff, Swansea, Southampton, Reading, Stoke and the list goes on...

Don't we already have an extremely rich benefactor? Hasn't he brought us the benefits? Yes with the stadia, academy and training facilties.. no to on the pitch matters

No one will argue that we did not build on the success of 2008 as we all would have liked, but who among us would have fired GJ at that time?

And you make the point we can look at Leeds Derby Ipswich Sheff Utd Sheff Wed all much bigger than us by rev and fan base as much as the others you mention only one of which could be reasonably described as smaller

Unfortunately we did not win in 2008 but the benefits of success will normally beget success and the benefits of infrastructure will reap rewards in terms of revenue. As much as I disagree with Robin 1988 above re Van Gaal earlier, his comment about getting it righter second time/this time is key as there could be a day when the bloke that bank rolls the club and sport in South Bristol says Ohh bugger this for a game of soldiers if the club dont!

No one will argue that we did not build on the success of 2008 as we all would have liked, but who among us would have fired GJ at that time?

And you make the point we can look at Leeds Derby Ipswich Sheff Utd Sheff Wed all much bigger than us by rev and fan base as much as the others you mention only one of which could be reasonably described as smaller

Unfortunately we did not win in 2008 but the benefits of success will normally beget success and the benefits of infrastructure will reap rewards in terms of revenue. As much as I disagree with Robin 1988 above re Van Gaal earlier, his comment about getting it righter second time/this time is key as there could be a day when the bloke that bank rolls the club and sport in South Bristol says Ohh bugger this for a game of soldiers if the club dont!

I agree that hindsight is a wonderful thing and you're right that noone would've fired GJ at the time for what he did.

I disagree with the comment about one only being smaller than us.. I feel only Southampton and now Stoke but at the time we were on a par with them and bigger than the clubs I've mentioned... Certainly in terms of potential.

It is key, but imo SL biggest failing is too much faith and maybe some naivety? (especially with the summer window) It seemed he allowed GJ to run roughshod over everything and it backfired, maybe that is why it seems he keeps reigning Cotterill in? I can only speculate based on interviews etc.

16 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

I agree that hindsight is a wonderful thing and you're right that noone would've fired GJ at the time for what he did.

I disagree with the comment about one only being smaller than us.. I feel only Southampton and now Stoke but at the time we were on a par with them and bigger than the clubs I've mentioned... Certainly in terms of potential.

It is key, but imo SL biggest failing is too much faith and maybe some naivety? (especially with the summer window) It seemed he allowed GJ to run roughshod over everything and it backfired, maybe that is why it seems he keeps reigning Cotterill in? I can only speculate based on interviews etc.

We'll agree to disagree about size although I definitely agree about potential and we hope the changes ongoing will help the club fulfill that potential sooner rather than later

Yes I agree also about SL remaining loyal...Not such a bad thing in most cases, perhaps not for us until now. :laugh:! Naivety definitely and lack of luck at times...Coppell et al.

GJ seemed to be fighting a dressing room revolt probably one of his own making re Basso among others

Archived