IGNORED

Cotts now under pressure??

Londoner

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

For some reason your last post hasn't come through, so can't see what I'm replying to. Maybe the bullshit filter took it out, who knows

From memory:

You won't accept that once in a while I get told a thing or two. That's fine, in your shoes I'd probably be the same. If you ever fancy a pint sometime somewhere down the line I'll show you what I know - you would certainly change your mind then. But for right now, I couldn't give a flying **** whether you believe me or not

Gayle didn't sign for Burnley, Grey did. So if every time you have mentioned Gayle you meant Grey then I don't know what the issue is. I clearly said from the outset that I have no problem Grey signing for Burnley ahead of us. In the same position I'd have done the same. On Gayle I said that he would have come if we paid him x amount per week. We were a long way off offering that, and even further from what he earns at Palace. Waste of time offering £9m without backing it up. Again, you won't believe me, but I'm happy to tell you what I have been to

Lingard - ok, some football websites reported it. I wouldn't believe them, but that's me. You can believe them all you want @Robin1988 seems to agree with me, and I suspect you're one of a small amount of City fans who believed it. I find us being linked to a player like that laughable (your term)

I'm really glad we've won numerous awards for our pitch. That makes me proud. I'm even 'prowder' that we were the first club in the region to offer £6-10m for a player. I'd have taken a bet with you a long time ago that we'd have been first out of City, R*vers, Cheltenham and FGR to do so. Some real competition there. Well done us

I don't imagine for one moment that SL doesn't have the final say, none whatsoever. I'm not sure what world you live in, but being out of the country for most of the time is fine. I believe there are phones and computers that these billionaires are using nowadays. Sounds crazy I know, but I've seen it on the tv

Def no a psychologist. My father in law is a retired mental health nurse, can read people like a book. If I showed him this thread I wonder who would come across as the angry man? Are you 5'5", I've come across your sort before. As for 'poppet', I've mentioned it once, but it really boiled your piss (my term) and it's you who has kept mentioning it

2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Woodsy is right. The Lingard story was entirely BS.

Liar :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

I agree that hindsight is a wonderful thing and you're right that noone would've fired GJ at the time for what he did.

I disagree with the comment about one only being smaller than us.. I feel only Southampton and now Stoke but at the time we were on a par with them and bigger than the clubs I've mentioned... Certainly in terms of potential.

It is key, but imo SL biggest failing is too much faith and maybe some naivety? (especially with the summer window) It seemed he allowed GJ to run roughshod over everything and it backfired, maybe that is why it seems he keeps reigning Cotterill in? I can only speculate based on interviews etc.

Keeping the same blind faith he showed in GJ will lead us back to league one.

i can't believe a man so ruthless in business can be so naive when it comes to football. Drop the sentiment and get the right man in for the job, I'm sick of our contradictivenature when it comes to the footballing progress of BCFC.

The more I think about it the more I think I find success through Rugby is Bristol Sports easiest path.

37 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Keeping the same blind faith he showed in GJ will lead us back to league one.

i can't believe a man so ruthless in business can be so naive when it comes to football. Drop the sentiment and get the right man in for the job, I'm sick of our contradictivenature when it comes to the footballing progress of BCFC.

The more I think about it the more I think I find success through Rugby is Bristol Sports easiest path.

Said  the same about the rugby he other day. Big worry for me, Bristol are linked to all the big name out of contract players right now

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Said  the same about the rugby he other day. Big worry for me, Bristol are linked to all the big name out of contract players right now

Shows the effect of being able to pay big wages.. I fully expect Bristol to eclipse the likes of Bath and Gloucester in the next few years when they go up.

36 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Shows the effect of being able to pay big wages.. I fully expect Bristol to eclipse the likes of Bath and Gloucester in the next few years when they go up.

Sadly, you're correct with Gloucester. Sadly, Barf will find a way around the rules and spend more than they should. Again

6 hours ago, Woodsy said:

For some reason your last post hasn't come through, so can't see what I'm replying to. Maybe the bullshit filter took it out, who knows

From memory:

You won't accept that once in a while I get told a thing or two. That's fine, in your shoes I'd probably be the same. If you ever fancy a pint sometime somewhere down the line I'll show you what I know - you would certainly change your mind then. But for right now, I couldn't give a flying **** whether you believe me or not

Gayle didn't sign for Burnley, Grey did. So if every time you have mentioned Gayle you meant Grey then I don't know what the issue is. I clearly said from the outset that I have no problem Grey signing for Burnley ahead of us. In the same position I'd have done the same. On Gayle I said that he would have come if we paid him x amount per week. We were a long way off offering that, and even further from what he earns at Palace. Waste of time offering £9m without backing it up. Again, you won't believe me, but I'm happy to tell you what I have been to

Lingard - ok, some football websites reported it. I wouldn't believe them, but that's me. You can believe them all you want @Robin1988 seems to agree with me, and I suspect you're one of a small amount of City fans who believed it. I find us being linked to a player like that laughable (your term)

I'm really glad we've won numerous awards for our pitch. That makes me proud. I'm even 'prowder' that we were the first club in the region to offer £6-10m for a player. I'd have taken a bet with you a long time ago that we'd have been first out of City, R*vers, Cheltenham and FGR to do so. Some real competition there. Well done us

I don't imagine for one moment that SL doesn't have the final say, none whatsoever. I'm not sure what world you live in, but being out of the country for most of the time is fine. I believe there are phones and computers that these billionaires are using nowadays. Sounds crazy I know, but I've seen it on the tv

Def no a psychologist. My father in law is a retired mental health nurse, can read people like a book. If I showed him this thread I wonder who would come across as the angry man? Are you 5'5", I've come across your sort before. As for 'poppet', I've mentioned it once, but it really boiled your piss (my term) and it's you who has kept mentioning it

Liar :ph34r:

Unfortunately the bullshit filter does not work on my machine with you. However all my answers are in line to your last post..In case anyone is in doubt!

I don't think I ever said I don't believe that you believe  what you have said or been told by our mystery source, but I have definitely questioned its veracity and the fact that you offered it as 'I might know more' 

Your comment re player recruitment and the club is they, our club, did not offer the wages to get deals across the line, its in this string...Which was clearly refuted by the player Grey in favour of a better career move to Burnley, in the link I sent you which you did not read!

Van Gaal was allowing the player (Lingard) to leave and we had interest that is clear, what Robin 1988 believes and why is not clear, but the evidence is out there for people who have few other ways of knowing things can read, there are simply dozens of references to Van Gaal and Lingard, you choose to disregard these in favour of....I don't know what, except your acquaintance who apparently told you something wrongly once may not have confirmed it. Your continued insistence to dismiss evidence that does not support your statements is startling. How long is the Lingard thread and to what extent is that all bullshit? 

The world I live in is one where the Chairman and Chief Executive run an organization and ownership are only brought in when and if required in a closely held or public organization...Would you know anything about that?, if you want to know a little about me it is on the who we are thread take a peek, you will learn something....SL is not the Chairman any more!

My height...Hilarious! Taller than you I suspect. Come across my sort before, even more hilarity....I doubt that as above!...(Very personal now isn't it, particularly as you have never met me or know me....Have a chat with your father in law)

We have never been in our history able to offer that kind of money and neither has any other club in the region this is because of the continued investment in our club by the major shareholder and the likelihood of increased revenue down the line to support it...Things do not operate in the bubble and your willingness as above to disrespect this fact is telling!

In answer to your much vaunted original question is we are in a better position on the field since SL became chairman in 2002 and significantly better off it!  You appear to have begrudgingly agreed are the facts, (despite your desperation to continue in arguing a point that is clearly incorrect factually and continuing insistence on brushing over points made and hanging on to 'the pitch' to try and down play other achievements as a club that you asked me to point out) ... and as such I can tell you do understand those (facts) despite your continued desperation not to show it!

As for poppet et al, you throw out accusations about my demeanor and brush over your own, perfect!...Your father in law is a mental health nurse, perhaps you might want to have a chat with him about what you post and why....You and I among others may find your assessed mental health conclusions beneficial!, Particularly as they apply to the Lansdown family...

Yeah I drink that's not out of the question! 

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Unfortunately the bullshit filter does not work on my machine with you. However all my answers are in line to your last post..In case anyone is in doubt!

I don't think I ever said I don't believe that you believe  what you have said or been told by our mystery source, but I have definitely questioned its veracity and the fact that you offered it as 'I might know more' 

Your comment re player recruitment and the club is they, our club, did not offer the wages to get deals across the line, its in this string...Which was clearly refuted by the player Grey in favour of a better career move to Burnley, in the link I sent you which you did not read!

Van Gaal was allowing the player (Lingard) to leave and we had interest that is clear, what Robin 1988 believes and why is not clear, but the evidence is out there for people who have few other ways of knowing things can read, there are simply dozens of references to Van Gaal and Lingard, you choose to disregard these in favour of....I don't know what, except your acquaintance who apparently told you something wrongly once may not have confirmed it. Your continued insistence to dismiss evidence that does not support your statements is startling. How long is the Lingard thread and to what extent is that all bullshit? 

The world I live in is one where the Chairman and Chief Executive run an organization and ownership are only brought in when and if required in a closely held or public organization...Would you know anything about that?, if you want to know a little about me it is on the who we are thread take a peek, you will learn something....SL is not the Chairman any more!

My height...Hilarious! Taller than you I suspect. Come across my sort before, even more hilarity....I doubt that as above!...(Very personal now isn't it, particularly as you have never met me or know me....Have a chat with your father in law)

We have never been in our history able to offer that kind of money and neither has any other club in the region this is because of the continued investment in our club by the major shareholder and the likelihood of increased revenue down the line to support it...Things do not operate in the bubble and your willingness as above to disrespect this fact is telling!

In answer to your much vaunted original question is we are in a better position on the field since SL became chairman in 2002 and significantly better off it!  You appear to have begrudgingly agreed are the facts, (despite your desperation to continue in arguing a point that is clearly incorrect factually and continuing insistence on brushing over points made and hanging on to 'the pitch' to try and down play other achievements as a club that you asked me to point out) ... and as such I can tell you do understand those (facts) despite your continued desperation not to show it!

As for poppet et al, you throw out accusations about my demeanor and brush over your own, perfect!...Your father in law is a mental health nurse, perhaps you might want to have a chat with him about what you post and why....You and I among others may find your assessed mental health conclusions beneficial!, Particularly as they apply to the Lansdown family...

Yeah I drink that's not out of the question! 

Jesus - we'll go around the loop again, shall we?

'I might know more than you' - 'might' is the key word there. I get told stuff now and then. Do I believe it, yes. Everything I've been told has come true (I can write that a thousand times and you will never accept it). If you get told stuff and it's different then maybe you could let me know and we'll see where they differ, I'm sure we could come to a middle ground on the whole issue

Grey, you don't mean Gayle? You sure? Grey was, and still is, a Championship player. If I've missed the whole thing here, I can confirm that I was told wages weren't an issue. Burnley was the better move for him. Gayle, on the other hand, is a Premiership footballer, and was prepared to take a small pay cut as he would've taken a cut of the transfer fee too. But we got nowhere near the wages he was prepared to accept. The whole Gray / Gayle thing seems to have been clouded. Can we agree to drop this one now, we seem to be on the same page

Lingard - I'll ask my man. I don't know if we spoke to him or not. Then we can put that one to bed too

Yes, I realise SL is not the chairman. You may well have far more experience of this than me, but I still believe SL has a massive say, as he should

Personal? You made this personal, no point crying about it now

How am I disrespecting our ability to place larger transfer offers than R*vers or Cheltenham? I would fully expect us to, look at the difference in size of the 3 clubs. Night vs day

Better off the pitch, never disputed that for one second. Better on it? I would disagree. We are a struggling Championship club. I would put good money on SL thinking we'd be a lot farther down the line than this when he took over. For a successful businessman, with plenty of money, I cannot accept that he thinks flirting with relegation from the Championship is fantastic progress. I'm surprised you think it is too. My question is aimed at performance on the pitch, which is what the club lives and dies by. I don't see a massive improvement from being a massively under achieving Div 3 club to an under achieving Championship club

I've had plenty of chats with my father in law, odd that. I suspect he may have had a word with Mrs Woodsy before things got too serious if there were any concerns about my mental health, don't you? Which others are concerned by my mental health? I don't see anyone else worried. You're the one who has been told to tone it down, and I haven't seen anyone back up your point of view, although I'm sure many would. I only see one or two people backing up what I've said....

Edit - for what it's worth, my man tells me Lingard was '100% total bullshit'. We were never offered him, let alone speak to him. Believe it, don't believe it. Gone past caring, to be honest

44 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

How do you get your info then..... Do they have electric in Cam yet??

Do you know you have lost your Crown..... there is a place on here represented that's worse than Cam...!?!

That wouldn't be difficult, nowhere is as good as God's country. Where is it though?

13 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Blimey. May the good lord help us all!

I was an apprentice with a City fan from Charfield, he was a nice guy and got to meet a few of the Charfield lot from time to time at games. They certainly knew how to drink that lot!

The inhabitants of Charfield seem to be keeping 3 local pubs going even though it's a smallish place.

Unusual in these times, says alot about the area and no doubt something Harry took into account when planning his 'escape to the country'.

The existence and support for local hostelries is certainly something I'd take into consideration if I was moving out of Bristol.

Woodsy

Not sure about groundloop but for the sake of Mrs Woods mental health and frankly Mrs Oxo's too, plus not wanting Mrs Woods dad to get his straight jacket and butterfly net out of the loft (thats a joke easy tiger) we should kill it here.

I will take you up on that drink between now and the end of the season, I will PM you! (if you rather not let me know...On here is fine)

OXO

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Woodsy

Not sure about groundloop but for the sake of Mrs Woods mental health and frankly Mrs Oxo's too, plus not wanting Mrs Woods dad to get his straight jacket and butterfly net out of the loft (thats a joke easy tiger) we should kill it here.

I will take you up on that drink between now and the end of the season, I will PM you! (if you rather not let me know...On here is fine)

OXO

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thats wet..... 

Fight Fight Fight..... :yawn:

Just now, REDOXO said:

I take your point!

Your Avatar is a bit controversial! 

oh I've been watching you 2 girls playing.... ;) 

Just for the record, I don't know anything, I just have opinions.... :thumbsup:

If this beer date does happen.... Can I apologize for Woodsy's behavior in advance... he is from Cam, he cant help it, they don't get out of Dursley much..... :cool:

38 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Woodsy

OXO

Pm sent mate. Happy to put it to bed. Father in law said you sounded like the kind of bloke who can do nasty things and I should leave it, before I find a horses head in my bed.....

2 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

oh I've been watching you 2 girls playing.... ;) 

Just for the record, I don't know anything, I just have opinions.... :thumbsup:

If this beer date does happen.... Can I apologize for Woodsy's behavior in advance... he is from Cam, he cant help it, they don't get out of Dursley much..... :cool:

Honestly, you are such a bellend!

33 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Pm sent mate. Happy to put it to bed. Father in law said you sounded like the kind of bloke who can do nasty things and I should leave it, before I find a horses head in my bed.....

Replied...Now we are dating I can let you know I'm really not that punchy, but a couple on here will get a kick out of the horse head thing, I will fill you in, in the information sense :laugh:!

Archived