IGNORED

Lee Johnson hot favourite to be our next manager

iamsober

If you believe the bookies then Warnock, Pearce, Appleton and LJ have all been appointed in the last 3 weeks.

Given the negativity that greeted Cotterill's appointment maybe it's better off having someone who may surprise us all rather than up expectations too much.

I don't really understand people who'd have Pembo over LJ, one's got management experience and has improved the clubs he's been at (including guiding a team to safety), the other has coaching experience but is untested in management.

1 minute ago, twodogs said:

Given that a manager appointment is the most important thing a club can do, there's bound to be a thread on every rumour bookies favourite etc. Not sure how thats pathetic. 

Personally its good to see that so many fans have a view and a lot have done a lot of digging on respective candidates and then pass this on. Johnson being a case in point.

Johnson won't be manager / head coach so pointless thread 

Harry is spot on with lee,

lj was coaching our youth teams while he was a player here getting his badges early,

people rated o'driscal because of what Brendon Rogers said about him, well guess what he says the same about lee Johnson,

When he brought his Barnsley team to Ashton hate last season they completely out played us for 80 odd minutes and almost got 3 points if it wasn't for a late equaliser by Bryan,

he has good tactical awareness and changes things that aren't working and is always willing to learn,

the outrage when cotts was brought in as manager had similar comments and look how well he did in his first full season

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I obviously did....I thought it was son's who'd played for their fathers....and good ones!  What was the question....son's who managed at same club as fathers?

Yep, when I posted Clough and Clough at Derby surely you didn't think Nige played for Brian there?!

For a start Nigel never played for Derby and when his dad was manager at the Baseball Gd Nige was one year old!

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I would rather have LJ than Monk without a doubt. I wouldn't be against LJ at all. There are some people who don't want him simply because they disliked him as a player which is pretty silly.

I wasn't happy with him as a player but my main point is we sacked a manager who had more experience that Johnson and I thought we were looking to the premier league. How on earth can the management think that a division one manager can do that? Perhaps I am missing something! It stinks of cheapest option.

56 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Nothing against Lee Johnson, actually backed his dad and didn't want him to leave but LJ has hardly any experience and none in this league, it would be as big as gamble as Valencia took hiring Gary Neville and 7-0 would be hard to take right now 

It really wouldn't.

Besides, I thought you said he wasn't coming?

14 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I wasn't happy with him as a player but my main point is we sacked a manager who had more experience that Johnson and I thought we were looking to the premier league. How on earth can the management think that a division one manager can do that? Perhaps I am missing something! It stinks of cheapest option.

I'm growing incredibly tired of "the cheapest option" what do people even mine by it?

On 29 January 2016 at 14:19, iamsober said:

You obviously don't understand betting markets as with these sort of markets you won't find a bookmaker willing to take over a £50 stake on it. So if you can make yourself favourite with a 10k bet I will give you your 10k back plus a tenner for your hassle

Wahey! So if someone on here places a £10k bet on themselves you'll give them their money back plus a tenner straightaway?!

Cool! Are you a bookie?

If not, if 10 people on here take you up on your offer you'll shell out £100,000 plus another £100 on top?

Sounds sensible....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wahey! So if someone on here places a £10k bet on themselves you'll give them their money back plus a tenner straightaway?!

Cool! Are you a bookie?

If not, if 10 people on here take you up on your offer you'll shell out £100,000 plus another £100 on top?

Sounds sensible....

you must be on tour that comment was 5 days ago!

Archived