IGNORED

Lee Johnson hot favourite to be our next manager

iamsober

Would be a staggering appointment at this moment in time, no where near enough experience yet and no where near enough proof of any real tactical nouse or success in player recruitment (although this probably wouldn't be part of the remit if appointed.

Not just a cheap option but would clarify just where the Board want to go with the direction of the club.

Its a shockingly unambitious idea. There... More to the point and no faffin' about. 

I think Lee will go on to be a decent manager but he is definitely not the statement of intent we should be even contemplating right now. I hope there is nothing in this nonsense betting odds thingy.

7 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Would be a staggering appointment at this moment in time, no where near enough experience yet and no where near enough proof of any real tactical nouse or success in player recruitment (although this probably wouldn't be part of the remit if appointed.

Not just a cheap option but would clarify just where the Board want to go with the direction of the club.

I'm sick and tired of people saying this. Are people really suggesting that the board want us to remain a league 1/ championship yo-yo club? People really think that SL and the board don't want to be ambitious and aim for the premiership? People can question the boards decisions, and the appointment of LJ at this point in time may or may not be a good decision, but what I really struggle to understand is how people honestly believe the board don't want this club to succeed..crazy. 

6 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Still 7/2 on Pembo with BetVictor and 4/6 on LJ. The total disparity between them and SkyBet shows that bookies know next to nothing. BetVictor are set to lose a lot of money is SkyBet really do have insider knowledge (which I seriously doubt).

The thing about Skybet is that they have all of the SkySports "sources" to tap into..

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

No turning back the clock of course, but we did just that under the recently sacked manager!

Point taken, but that was when we were a big fish in a small pond. Historically, at Championship level we are small fish, and the parachute payments will further distort the competition. We may do well, as under GJ, but I think we have to be realistic and take success as a bonus, rather than expecting it and being disappointed.

36 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Still 7/2 on Pembo with BetVictor and 4/6 on LJ. The total disparity between them and SkyBet shows that bookies know next to nothing. BetVictor are set to lose a lot of money is SkyBet really do have insider knowledge (which I seriously doubt).

I hope they're both wrong.

LJ JESUS CHRIST, we need experience at this level.

33 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Point taken, but that was when we were a big fish in a small pond. Historically, at Championship level we are small fish, and the parachute payments will further distort the competition. We may do well, as under GJ, but I think we have to be realistic and take success as a bonus, rather than expecting it and being disappointed.

We had better ignore SL's wishes - says he wants to be challenging at the other end of the Championship next season (club interview on youtube, just before Christmas - and statements like the official club one the day Cotts was fired where they said PL was the aim.

Once the ground is complete, we should be medium-fry in this league, seeing as our crowds our 16th out of the 24 clubs. Not too bad for a limited capacity ground and a very poor performance on the pitch

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

That's the one thing that makes me reticent too.

Otherwise, given the jobs which were recently given to the relatively inexperienced Gary Rowett and Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank at this level, I don't see why BCFC is too big for Lee Johnson. 

A wendy house is too big for Lee Johnson!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Has a father and son ever managed the same club?! If not we'd be the subject of a question in every football pub quiz for the next 100 years if LJ is appointed...

Brian and Nigel Clough

Have no problem with Lee I never thought it was a good thing to come here and play for his dad. (never works)

Never rated him to much as a player not your ideal player in a 50/50 challenge.

However what a strong personality to play at ashton gate with the shit he got week after week.

He's gone into management at a really young age and hasn't sunk yet. Infact another club wanted him hence his move to Barnsley. He comes across (to me) as a guy that knows the game has no pretence and is learning all the time.

Yeah we all want this big name {Pearson maybe?) but this is not happening is it.

So stay up or down I quite like the ideal of Lee coming in and given enough time outdoing his old man.

Anyway if he became manager (head coach) Would he get the biggest cheer he'd ever got down the gate,or would some t...s still Boo him?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hmm maybe. He knows the English game well for sure but he's been fairly disastrous so far at Valencia.

The Thing is he he doesn't know the La liga like he does English football, he doesn't even speak the language it must be hard to get your ideas across.

i still think he'll make a good manager and would have good contacts, he fits the young modern coach criteria the club seem to want.

Not that I think he'd ever come here mind.

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

yeah there's A real name, But lets wait he might be able to turn it around . Or will sky reemploy the the man to give us real insight into (the game)

It's still early for him so he can of course turn round, but to end an unbeaten home record in league since November 2014, to lose to lowly Sporting Gijon at home is terrible...

Archived