IGNORED

Lee Johnson hot favourite to be our next manager

iamsober

He is now 1/2 on for the job and clear favourite. Worrying we are going for the cheap option, with a bloke who is a gamble and has no championship managerial experience and a yes man to Steve Lansdown. When cotterill left I thought we were gonna move on to bigger and better things but seems we want to go backwards

5 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

If I bet £10k on myaelf, I'd be the new favourite

After Warnock, Appleton, Pembo, Pearce et al becoming favourites with the bookies, I wouldn't take any notice. Let's all bet on @SecretSam to be next manager, then when they slash his odds and make him favourite we can all bet on Pembo and double our money!

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

If I bet £10k on myself, I'd be the new favourite

You obviously don't understand betting markets as with these sort of markets you won't find a bookmaker willing to take over a £50 stake on it. So if you can make yourself favourite with a 10k bet I will give you your 10k back plus a tenner for your hassle

12 minutes ago, iamsober said:

He is now 1/2 on for the job and clear favourite. Worrying we are going for the cheap option, with a bloke who is a gamble and has no championship managerial experience and a yes man to Steve Lansdown. When cotterill left I thought we were gonna move on to bigger and better things but seems we want to go backwards

The odds mean nothing other than who is being bet on, but why would it be a backward step..?

if he (or anyone else) comes in and does well it's not going backwards, is it..?!

Granted, it might not be the most inspiring appointment, but how can it be branded a backwards step before we know how it pans out..? 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The odds mean nothing other than who is being bet on, but why would it be a backward step..?

if he (or anyone else) comes in and does well it's not going backwards, is it..?!

Granted, it might not be the most inspiring appointment, but how can it be branded a backwards step before we know how it pans out..? 

Because at this stage we need a head coach with championship managerial experience not a gamble with a novice who is just starting out and managed in the lower leagues without any great success. 

19 minutes ago, iamsober said:

You obviously don't understand betting markets as with these sort of markets you won't find a bookmaker willing to take over a £50 stake on it. So if you can make yourself favourite with a 10k bet I will give you your 10k back plus a tenner for your hassle

Funnily enough I asked in Ladbrokes a couple of weeks ago what the max bet they'd take on a new manager was. 

Without having to seek any sort of authority they will take bets up to £5k. So you're wrong there mate. 

24 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Because at this stage we need a head coach with championship managerial experience not a gamble with a novice who is just starting out and managed in the lower leagues without any great success. 

How many managers with successful Chsmpionship pedigree do you think are queuing up for the job..?

Archived