IGNORED

Lee Johnson hot favourite to be our next manager

iamsober

18 hours ago, RedDave said:

Don't know if these are tongue in cheek or plain disrespectful.  I am sure it's the former.  Harry is a football enthusiast and has an incredible knowledge of the game.  For once, due to my links to Oldham (the town, not the club) , I can vouch that his post is extremely accurate.  

Not sure how either comment could be read as plain disrespectful. It was a great post  by the OP

Great post on LJ, and I'm not doubting his managerial talent, but in the situation we are in, should we really be taking a punt on him? Cheap signings and unknown recruits are a trademark of his Dad's and I dare say it could be a similar case i.e. that they are both very, very successful in Leagues One and Two but not necessarily a division above. We are not in a situation where we need to be rebuilding every season. We're in a position where we need to be spending money wisely, as Southampton did a few years back. We have the right attitude (players under 24, etc) but is LJ really the man to fit this criteria? Particularly when we sacked Steve Cotterill in our mission to reach the Premier League. Is LJ really the guy to take us there? Not yet imo. Let another club take that punt.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Both incorrect Dave.

I know Newcastle have made some desperate appointments as manager but do you really think Paul Dalglish was in charge at some point to follow in the footsteps of his pops Ken?!

And when did Jamie R manage Bournemouth?!

I reckon you read my post wrong!!

I obviously did....I thought it was son's who'd played for their fathers....and good ones!  What was the question....son's who managed at same club as fathers?

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apart from the bookies, is there any evidence whatsoever that this is actually happening?

Nope , pretty pathetic thread really considering every name mentioned gets a new thread with pages and pages of comments on how he would be good for the club, how people would like him as manager, how it shows no ambition from the club etc etc ....

there is no way we have waited one month to bring in someone of the calibre of Lee Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Nope , pretty pathetic thread really considering every name mentioned gets a new thread with pages and pages of comments on how he would be good for the club, how people would like him as manager, how it shows no ambition from the club etc etc ....

there is no way we have waited one month to bring in someone of the calibre of Lee Johnson. 

The audacity of people on here, creating threads and causing discussion on a fans forum.

:blink:

I hope that he isn't appointed to be honest, not because I think he wont do an excellent job coaching the side, it's because of those loud shouty morons that we have that would never give him a chance before he even got to the dugout.

YOR PHECKIN SHET JOHNSERN :grr:

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Given that a manager appointment is the most important thing a club can do, there's bound to be a thread on every rumour bookies favourite etc. Not sure how thats pathetic. 

Personally its good to see that so many fans have a view and a lot have done a lot of digging on respective candidates and then pass this on. Johnson being a case in point.

Archived