IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

There are some pathetically melodramatic reactions on here. LJ wouldn't be my first choice, but I guarantee we've had worse managers than him appointed in my 35 years as a Bristol City fan. I support the club, not the manager and if LJ is appointed he will have my support as head coach of the club. If the appointment of a a manager you don't particularly like causes you to stop supporting the club, then may I speak on behalf of the vast majority when I say "**** off and don't let the door hit you on your way out"

In our position, giving the job to LJ would be absolutely barmy.

I just cannot understand why he would be considered when we are fighting for our Championship lives.

His record as a rookie manager does nothing to suggest he would be suitable for us at this present moment.

PLEASE JUST GIVE IT TO JOHN AND WADE!!!!

4 minutes ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

no ambition, no future, clueless appointment if it comes to fruition. what contacts has L.J got at higher level ?? what experience has he got at setting up teams to compete against players of the like of Tom Huddelstone? who can he lift the phone to and call to gain quality youngsters from premiere league academy's.?  without a 'name' or at the very least a manager of reputation who has managed in the highest league we are NEVER going to go forward and I would go as far as to say that appointment would put one foot firmly in the 3rd tier.  IT CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN !!!

Bit of a rant ! But I think the points / concerns you raise are very valid

They are my concerns - I might be wrong but they concern me

13 minutes ago, Running Man said:

Oh dear, LJ in town for talks. Charlton is going to be my last City game if a deal is done, been going down the Gate since 1966. Sad day for me.

Run for home run as fast as I can
Oh-oh running man running for home
Run for home run as fast as I can
Oh-oh running man running for home

What a knee-jerk reaction. Man up.

He will still get the support from the fans but the club seems to lurch from **** up to another. The board say one thing then do another. 

Good luck to him but to suggest this is ambitious appoinent to challenge the best in this league is yet another load of tosh.

He will be appointed because he fits the suits strategy of a yes man, like he is at Barnsley, we won't need to worry of the expense of changing the backroom staff and nothing ever changes in the running of this club.

13 minutes ago, Running Man said:

Oh dear, LJ in town for talks. Charlton is going to be my last City game if a deal is done, been going down the Gate since 1966. Sad day for me.

supporter
səˈpɔːtə/
noun

1. 1.
    a person who approves of and encourages a public figure, political party, policy, etc.

Bye then. 

I've always liked Little Lee, but I'm not sure the fan base will accept him fully and support him as they would a total new comer. As much as I like him I think it's probably 3 or 4 years too early for him to come back here.

7 minutes ago, Running Man said:

Everyone entitled to their opinion, the last time I can close to chucking it in was when I had to put up with watching him play, I can't go to a match and not support the manager and team so I won't be going.

I understand that's your opinion but I would of thought your passion would of gone deeper than this. It's a shame you're writing one young manager off based on watching him as a player, if the results are right and we stay up and do well will you return? 

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I just cannot understand why he would be considered when we are fighting for our Championship lives.

His record as a rookie manager does nothing to suggest he would be suitable for us at this present moment.

Is this a joke?

How very depressing. Back to League 1 next year then.

I would stop Barr's work on the new stand right now, it won't be required for a good few years.

Not really surprised though, the day to day power at the club lies with Ashton and he would never bring in an experienced Championship manager.

Always going to be a "yes" man.

Smacks of 'this is the best we could do'. Cotterill got the chop because some people didn't like him, and now we're being exposed for a short-sighted button push.

I'd love to be wrong, and we were collectively just as negative about Cotterill's appointment. But on the face of it LJ's League 1 experience could come in handy next season.

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

He kept Oldham up, he then had a bad start at Barnsley but has turned that around. For me that's ample experience, Moyes was never in a relegation battle, Monk was failing in his. 

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No experience of managing in the Championship, which as we have seen is a huge step up on all levels. - Alan Dicks???

A massive gamble that may come off if he hit the ground running, but could otherwise be a disaster. - Steve Coppell???

My concern with this one is that it's too soon for him.

Most successful managers, barring a few very exceptional ones, have experienced a failure at some point in their career and I'm worried that City will be Lee Johnson's failure.

He's going to have a very good career but the expectation of City fans and the history he has with them is going to make the job harder than it should be. I can see him having a very difficult time, getting sacked, then learning from the experience and going on to be a huge success elsewhere.

Of course, if we don't take the chance now then it's possible he'll go on and progress up the leagues until he's beyond what City can attain anyway.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

He kept Oldham up, he then had a bad start at Barnsley but has turned that around. For me that's ample experience, Moyes was never in a relegation battle, Monk was failing in his. 

In short, he did an above average job at one League 1 club for two years, and then an average job at another League 1 club for a year. And that's it.

Is that the kind of appointment you make to keep a club in the Championship?

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Every appointment is risky but if LJ is given the head coach job there will be many fans just waiting for his first set back to poison the atmosphere with their negativity.

i believe that LJ has the makings of a top coach however i also feel that this appointment won't boost  the club ( In the short term ) as much as a more experienced Championship proven coach  would .

I want to shoot down the idea that this would be a " cheap option " though .

He is under contract to Barnsley and they will pushing for big compensation if he leaves them .

Archived