IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

What makes him unsuitable? There's so many parallels to Gary Rowett to Brum - former player, knocking around the lower divisions (lower than where LJ has managed), he took Brum from 21st to 10 and has done remarkable there really. What made him suitable? What made Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink suitable for QPR, Nigel Adkins for Saints - a club many of us say we should aspire to; Gary Monk at Swansea. 

Far bigger, more established, more attractive clubs have had to take 'punts'. It's not beyond us to have to. Pearson, Moues, pie in the sky and further examples of why we are not so attractive - ideas far above our station and not recognising what we are. 

The problem is that a section of the crowd will be on his back from day 1.

We need an appointment that will unite the club, not divide it.

Whilst he would not be a big 'name' as such, I really don't understand such over the top negativity? I find it hard not to be impressed by LJ. He's clearly an intelligent and very articulate bloke who has had a very promising start to his managerial career. 

I would take LJ every day of the week over some of the names that have been mentioned. It's worth remembering that LJ the player is not LJ the manager!! Certainly would get 100% backing from me.

I always try to be subjective and not get carried away with hysteria i.e. the stuff written by some around Warnock. I have nothing against LLJ at all and thought he has always had some unfair stuff said about him on here even though some of it tongue in cheek. However, there is no way he should be anywhere near BCFC in our current situation. What credibility does he have? Manager at Barnsley and before it Oldham. Can you see him telling Tomlin or Wilbraham what to do and they say.. Yes Gaffer! I really don't think so. I was worried before about our situation but if LLJ is appointed then it really looks bleak to me. If he does get it though, I will support him all the way.... I just hope he doesn't!

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I always try to be subjective and not get carried away with hysteria i.e. the stuff written by some around Warnock. I have nothing against LLJ at all and thought he has always had some unfair stuff said about him on here even tough some of it tongue in cheek. However, there is no way he should be anywhere near BCFC in our current situation. What credibility does he have? Manager at Barnsley and before it Oldham. Can you see him telling Tomlin or Wilbraham what to do and they say.. Yes Gaffe! I really don't think so. I was worried before about our situation but if LLJ is appointed then it really looks bleak to me. If he does get it though, I will support him all the way.... I just hope he doesn't!

If that really were to be the case, then they would be the ones who shouldn't be at the club.

3 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I always try to be subjective and not get carried away with hysteria i.e. the stuff written by some around Warnock. I have nothing against LLJ at all and thought he has always had some unfair stuff said about him on here even tough some of it tongue in cheek. However, there is no way he should be anywhere near BCFC in our current situation. What credibility does he have? Manager at Barnsley and before it Oldham. Can you see him telling Tomlin or Wilbraham what to do and they say.. Yes Gaffe! I really don't think so. I was worried before about our situation but if LLJ is appointed then it really looks bleak to me. If he does get it though, I will support him all the way.... I just hope he doesn't!

I think he's tougher than he looks. A bit like Joe Bryan…(I think JB is a tough cookie anyway)

7 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Whilst he would not be a big 'name' as such, I really don't understand such over the top negativity? I find it hard not to be impressed by LJ. He's clearly an intelligent and very articulate bloke who has had a very promising start to his managerial career. 

I would take LJ every day of the week over some of the names that have been mentioned. It's worth remembering that LJ the player is not LJ the manager!! Certainly would get 100% backing from me.

That's the point - the majority don't engage their brain cells before spouting negativity - it's just the usual 'not a big name, we deserve a top manager because we're massive Bristol City' bollocks. 

5 minutes ago, ooRya said:

If that really were to be the case, then they would be the ones who shouldn't be at the club.

I agree with what you are saying. However, football dressing rooms are very fickle places. Players can and do break a manager by undermining authority. I an ideal world whoever is brought in should be respected and supported by the players. In reality, its far from that sometimes IMO.

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I think he's tougher than he looks. A bit like Joe Bryan…(I think JB is a tough cookie anyway)

I'm not saying he isn't tough enough.... just a credibility issue for me.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That's the point - the majority don't engage their brain cells before spouting negativity - it's just the usual 'not a big name, we deserve a top manager because we're massive Bristol City' bollocks. 

I have no problem further on down the line but this is not the right time.

I can see Oakwell from my office window, want me to pop down and see if I can get to the bottom of this? If Barnsley had an equivalent of the Avon Gorge Hotel I'd go there, but I don't think the motel attached the Toby Carvery next to the motorway is the kind of place that football business tends to get done

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I agree with what you are saying. However, football dressing rooms are very fickle places. Players can and do break a manager by undermining authority. I an ideal world whoever is brought in should be respected and supported by the players. In reality, its far from that sometimes IMO.

I'm not saying he isn't tough enough.... just a credibility issue for me.

Interestingly, I read an interview with one of the players earlier this week who said: "Pembo asked me ..."  which made me realise that Pemberton hasn't yet transitioned, in the player's eyes, from number two to the head honcho. An assistant manager always seems, to me, to play the role of "good cop" with the players and thus gets closer to them which is often why transitioning into the Gaffer role doesn't always work in the long-term for a number two.

That simple statement made me realise that we can't persist with Pembo to the end of the season despite the improvement in performances we've seen since he's been in charge. We need someone in the dressing room who can play "bad cop" when it's necessary. Someone who will have just a little extra distance between him and the players. If that's LJ or Monk, I'm not really bothered as they're both young, well regarded coaches who will fit in well at AG. Either will be OK for me, and I'll give them my full support - not throw my toys out of my cot as some posters appear to be doing, should the selection not meet with their approval. If however, it proves to be Skeletor, Appleton, Robbins, Cooper or Pearce then move over because I'll have some serious moaning to do.

39 minutes ago, Malago said:

The problem is that a section of the crowd will be on his back from day 1.

We need an appointment that will unite the club, not divide it.

And that's the reason why I'd be somewhat reluctant in this one. However, SC was pretty divisive too - even till the end - which gives me hope :) 

Archived