IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

We didn't want Cotterill, Leicester fans didn't want Ranieri, Brighton fans didn't want Hughton. 

Can see Johnson doing well here 

That's an exaggeration based on 10 or so very vehement posters on here.

I didn't find the same bitter opposition amongst fans I spoke to away from OTIB.

The truth is some very vocal fans were against SC, many were willing to keep their powder dry and see if he could keep us up, and others stated openly they thought he was exactly what City needed at the time.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's an exaggeration based on 10 or so very vehement posters on here.

I didn't find the same bitter opposition amongst fans I spoke to away from OTIB.

The truth is some very vocal fans were against SC, many were willing to keep their powder dry and see if he could keep us up, and others stated openly they thought he was exactly what City needed at the time.

There was a poll on here that was voted on by many and vast majority against it.

Appointing Johnson is a gamble but one that is as likely to succeed as it is to fail. Roll that dice.

1 minute ago, cider head said:

If true with LJ being head coach then I can see the door open for Gary Johnson to return to the club  as say? Director of football ??? With Burt leaving and Pembo staying as a no2. All a hand of cards you would use if dealt to you..

LJ mmmmmm.

Why would the board want GJ back? It makes no sense to me…I thought we had moved on…?

4 minutes ago, cider head said:

If true with LJ being head coach then I can see the door open for Gary Johnson to return to the club  as say? Director of football ??? With Burt leaving and Pembo staying as a no2. All a hand of cards you would use if dealt to you..

LJ mmmmmm.

Didn't he say he never wanted to play for his Dad again? Pretty sure he'd have no desire to 'manage' with him either! One is in the twilight of his career and the other just getting started.

He'll want to build his own reputation without GJs involvement I'm sure. 

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

Why would the board want GJ back? It makes no sense to me…I thought we had moved on…?

Because SL and GJ are good friends and I don't feel they really wanted to sack him in the first place, it was a strange sacking to have a press conference done the way they did, almost like showing off a new manager. Not saying this  is true and will happen but it is an option for LJ, IF he comes here.

Just now, cider head said:

Because SL and GJ are good friends and I don't feel they really wanted to sack him in the first place, it was a strange sacking to have a press conference done the way they did, almost like showing off a new manager. Not saying this  is true and will happen but it is an option for LJ, IF he comes here.

Yes maybe, but it just highlights to me a lack of ambition and forward thinking. Better the devil you know, but you end up repeating the same mistakes and going round in circles. LJ might be great as a coach/manager…who knows?

12 minutes ago, 29AR said:

What makes him unsuitable? There's so many parallels to Gary Rowett to Brum - former player, knocking around the lower divisions (lower than where LJ has managed), he took Brum from 21st to 10 and has done remarkable there really. What made him suitable? What made Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink suitable for QPR, Nigel Adkins for Saints - a club many of us say we should aspire to; Gary Monk at Swansea. 

Far bigger, more established, more attractive clubs have had to take 'punts'. It's not beyond us to have to. Pearson, Moues, pie in the sky and further examples of why we are not so attractive - ideas far above our station and not recognising what we are. 

No experience of managing in the Championship, which as we have seen is a huge step up on all levels.

A massive gamble that may come off if he hit the ground running, but could otherwise be a disaster.

I certainly would not be against the appointment.  People saying he's too young and inexperienced need only look at Eddie Howe.  L'il Lee already has more management experience than when EH started and I'm not sure Bournemouth fans are too disillusioned with that appointment!

Lee knows, likes and respects the club, and seems to be respected by the (English) footballing world.  He's a good lad, and an intelligent lad too.  We may get proven Championship quality, but then we could also do much worse than LJ.

12 minutes ago, cider head said:

SL is friends with Moysie…perhaps he could come in as DoF…?

22 minutes ago, cider head said:

LJ mmmmmm.

That is my greatest fear. That we we get GJ as Director of Football and Pete Johnson as Chief Scout.

There are some of us who detested GJ, still do and I dread what will happen if LJ gets the job and thus his Dad's influence will still reverberate around The Gate showing the total lack of ambition that has haunted this club all my life.

But I suppose that not many will care how I feel. At 72 and after 66 years supporting City, I don't have too much time left for hoping that one day I will see my Club up there like Leicester have done this season. But it won't happen.

IF its LJ i would be worried that the board had appointed him just cus they like him and hope that he will be a yes man for them so they dont get another cotts situation.

Also i would seriously fear for our ability to attract champ quality players. LJ wont attract the next andre grey through the door.

34 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No experience of managing in the Championship, which as we have seen is a huge step up on all levels.

A massive gamble that may come off if he hit the ground running, but could otherwise be a disaster.

I'm not convinced we have. We have playing wise, but managerial I reserve judgment. There's Eddie Howe, there's Gary Rowett, there's Karl Robinson arguably, Steve Evans, Neil Redfearn, Sean Dyche, Adkins, McDermott which all refute that.

In respect of SC I'm not convinced whether we have seen that. He may have had his limitations, or he may have been working in adverse circumstances, or it may have been both... but I don't think it necessarily amounts to a 'massive step up'.

FWIW if in January you'd offered me LJ for SC I'd have said no chance. I wouldn't have sacked SC in all honesty. But once that happened I see LJ as the best of the reasonable candidates. Moyes, Pearson, they were each as outlandish as our transfer policy and would be the same mistakes: they aren't coming I'd be certain of that. Neither can take a championship relegation on their CV so they aren't going to gamble on us: especially when SC failed to land targets and they've no room to recruit now. Monk I can see why he'd be attractive, not why he'd be more attractive than LJ however.

Just now, Woodsy said:

Slightly off topic, but how do you post screenshots on here....I've asked this before, but never got a reply

@Shtanley - quick idiots guide would be nice!

I would guess he took a screenshot of it on his phone and then added it via his phone and the little paperclip symbol in a post that lets you upload stuff straight from whatever device you are on.

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I would guess he took a screenshot of it on his phone and then added it via his phone and the little paperclip symbol in a post that lets you upload stuff straight from whatever device you are on.

Ah, that simple! Thanks Dolls

37 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I certainly would not be against the appointment.  People saying he's too young and inexperienced need only look at Eddie Howe.  L'il Lee already has more management experience than when EH started and I'm not sure Bournemouth fans are too disillusioned with that appointment!

Lee knows, likes and respects the club, and seems to be respected by the (English) footballing world.  He's a good lad, and an intelligent lad too.  We may get proven Championship quality, but then we could also do much worse than LJ.

But were Bournemouth not in the Third or Fourth Division when Howe was appointed manager. Able to grow into the job. Our new manager will be staring relegation in the face.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I'll be honest, us being linked to Stuart Pearce took everything out of me. I've seen death. I looked him right in the face. Whether it's now Johnson or Monk or Southgate or Pearson I'll be happy, nothing can ever compete with that fear I had. 

What was @Woodsy doing out on a Thursday, and where was he?

Archived