IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

14 minutes ago, Super said:

I have no problem further on down the line but this is not the right time.

Why? Say he goes elsewhere and does a fantastic job, people will be cursing the fact that we didn't take a chance. 

Board can't win IMO. As a fan base the majority have ridiculous expectation of our pulling power. 

Honestly, **** the fans on this one. LJ wasn't the best player, but he always tried hard, and was loyal to the end. He was always going to get some criticism, but some fans really took the piss with how they criticised him. It's very telling that when he left Bristol City we lost a lot of the workrate in our midfield...

Anyway, LJ seems to be doing okay as a manager, and he seems to have some decent ideas. I think the Championship is a big ask for him, but it's good to see someone young get the opportunity, and someone with history at the club. We were never going to get someone good, so it's worth putting our weight behind the new man.

I just hope that SL hasn't given him the "Don't worry if you go down, we'll judge you in League 1" talk he (allegedly) gave SOD...

3 minutes ago, Running Man said:

Oh dear, LJ in town for talks. Charlton is going to be my last City game is a deal is done, been going down the Gate since 1966. Sad day for me.

How over the top. He's a good up and coming manager. 

You make it sound like we are signing a murderer!

Two ways of looking at this:

1 - the worry is there isn't a lot of experience, and that worries me as we are in a fight

2 - he's young, new ideas, one of the new breed, and that excites me

I think I'm a little more excited by the prospect than worried. He knows Bristol City, he will know the potential better than most. I'm guessing there is already a relationship with SL / JL, which can't be a bad thing. If anyone can sell Bristol City to potential players it should be LJ

I just hope that the haters harp back to his playing days, nothing to do with it, or his father, even less to do with it

LJ's red and white army

**** me this forum is unbelievable, some of you call yourselves supporters????

Was LJ my choice, course not, but I'm willing to give him a chance. 

We all got boners (and female equivalents) when Coppell was appointed, that really went well didn't it. 

Most of us were not happy with Cotts but that wasn't too bad in the end was it?

Would I have liked Moyes, Pearson...even Monk...yes but get a grip. 

I'm not a happy clapper or whatever it is but LJ has an affinity with the club, was a player that got us promoted and I am damn well prepared to give him my backing.

Seems his current role fits our set up

Club Statement: Lee Johnson

When Lee Johnson was appointed to the role of Head Coach at Barnsley Football Club, it was intended to confine and focus his activities on the development, organisation and recruitment of players for the first team. The limitation of this role was to allow other management staff to have similar remits relating to the Academy, U18 and U21 teams. Partly, the purpose in designating the Head Coach role in this way was to limit the impact in the event of a change and to encourage succession planning.

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-lee-johnson-2939404.aspx#ZVIjqmuuik7zFdZH.99

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

How over the top. He's a good up and coming manager. 

You make it sound like we are signing a murderer!

Everyone entitled to their opinion, the last time I can close to chucking it in was when I had to put up with watching him play, I can't go to a match and not support the manager and team so I won't be going.

no ambition, no future, clueless appointment if it comes to fruition. what contacts has L.J got at higher level ?? what experience has he got at setting up teams to compete against players of the like of Tom Huddelstone? who can he lift the phone to and call to gain quality youngsters from premiere league academy's.?  without a 'name' or at the very least a manager of reputation who has managed in the highest league we are NEVER going to go forward and I would go as far as to say that appointment would put one foot firmly in the 3rd tier.  IT CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN !!!

Every appointment is risky but if LJ is given the head coach job there will be many fans just waiting for his first set back to poison the atmosphere with their negativity.

i believe that LJ has the makings of a top coach however i also feel that this appointment won't boost  the club ( In the short term ) as much as a more experienced Championship proven coach  would .

I want to shoot down the idea that this would be a " cheap option " though .

He is under contract to Barnsley and they will pushing for big compensation if he leaves them .

Barnsley club statement:

Club Statement: Lee Johnson

This morning we gave permission to Lee Johnson to speak to Bristol City concerning their managerial vacancy. We gave this permission because we believe that the structures that we now have in place must be the key to our future success rather than dependence on a single individual. If Lee decides to stay with Barnsley Football Club we will be delighted, but if he chooses to move on, we will continue unabated with the plan we have in place for the progression of our Club

Archived