IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Costs rise as the supply of cash rises. Maybe much of the Prem money will go elsewhere in the next decade or two. 

potentially,may work in our favour, but I can't help thinking European teams will push back against it with more money.  At the end of the day it is Europeans that pay for pay per vieiew on mass. The Chinese is all about billionaire investment and not TV revenue

Some wanted Justin Edinburgh but he's only done his time at a lower level before he went to newport then to gillingham lets see what we get with the new manager. 

He's got Barnsley to the JPT and turned them around league wise. I'm not so sure its needed that he has championship experience as opposed to man management and he seems to have that.

I'd have gone for someone different but we have what we have I'm hoping for a pochettino. 

I'm not going Saturday but will be at Ipswich when I'm hoping someone/anyone is in place!!

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Anyway this club is shit and has always been shit. What ever shit is served we will swallow it and support the one and single innocent party: Bristol City Football Club

Not too bad in 1979. 1906 to 1909 was decent. 2008 perhaps. But other than that, yeah, pretty shite. Not as shite as some we could mention, mind! Let's be thankful for that small mercy

2 hours ago, The Hustler said:

Pleased that you are leaving. You are clearly far too melodramatic.

I don't need to explain. The fact that LJ split opinion amongst fans so dramatically just as a player, you think that will change because he's now the manager?

he's already failed before he has even started. Deal with it.

Isn't that YOUR problem as a fan, rather that his as a manager?
Are you proud that YOUR opinion will hinder the progress of the club?

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

No one's answered the two most important questions:

1) Does the Manager of the Month curse still count if you switch clubs immediately after winning it?

2) Would LDJhepingping be the first manager we've ever had on Twitter? (I think that's his username for those non Twitterers on the site)

Cotts was on twitter. He didn't half swear a lot mind on there. 

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Okay then.

Do you think this would be a good appointment?

Yes I think some people do think it would be, if he were an up and coming German manager had never played for the club then you would all be raving about him, but because he was a bit of a marmite player some people are on his case before he's even taken a training session.  It's stupid, judge the appointment after the first 10 games of next season.  And if its League 1 the damage was already done in the summer this season remember.

6 hours ago, 29AR said:

Advice to you, lay off the booze. 

Thats the issue though; i don't think he is ever on it. 

4 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

give me a Johnson over a dean smith or a Russell slade any day!!:yawn:

Now you are seriously lowering the bar of comparison there; so LJ is considered perhaps a 'little' bit better a choice than those two? It does bring the balls up of meddlers in the transfer window truly into focus when you are reminded of what level of candidate we are attracting or persuading to join us.

I shall very much look forward to the spin doctors on announcement day painting a van gogh of our new manager. He may very well do a great job and i will support any manager that comes in but please City don't patronise us mere mortals with crap about the wonder kid we wanted from the start or how he is the best option by a mile; with the exception of a few we are not on halucinogens and do have a collective memory of what has been done in the summer and what has been announced in the days following the departure of the manager that gave us a double winning season .

of course it may not be the Johnson or Monk type of manager; it may all be a ruse to distract us from Moyes, Pearson or Di Matteo rockin' up;- 

in that event we shall all be thinking that we are already on hallucinogens.

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

This isn't the European Song Contest, my love!

Now you are beginning to sound like Trump as well.

9 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Looks like we left talking to Jose too late....

Jose Mourinho: Man Utd hold talks with former Chelsea manager
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35508280

I think that there would still be a thread set up moaning that he plays too much negative football witnessing what some of our "supporters" have come up with in the last 24 hours. 

On 5 February 2016 at 10:32, TomPNE said:

Jesus wept.

You are currently fighting a relegation battle in the CHAMPIONSHIP. Not a play-off race, a relegation battle. Not in the premier league, but the Championship. What on earth makes you think you can attract managers like you have described? You're deluded if you think Moyes or Pearson or even Monk would have come to you.

As for the guy who said he would stop supporting if he's appointed, maybe you should go and support Rovers? No club needs fans like that.

I hope Johnson turns your season around and all the twunts on here who are fuming about this, implode and have a nervous breakdown.

**** me, I thought our forum was negative.

Good luck and I hope you stay up.

I mean, I don't want to say I told you so but...

On 5 February 2016 at 20:47, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Lew- do you really think GJ was a "yes man??"- do you really think the guy who was appointed by Oldham as the youngest manager in the football league and then poached by Barnsley is a yes man ?? DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE  Lee's ambition. Or ability.

Who suspected Howe would take crappy Bournmouth to the holy land?- who would have suspected Skeletor to do the same ? and so on with a number of young managers like Moyes Pearson etc. 

Why not take a leap of faith and give LJ a chance? You're a good poster but I can't remotely get what you're saying.

Exactly - no one likes a clever **** more than me

Archived