IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Ah another yes man. I'm sure he could do a job down here! Ohh and another relation to the club!!!

This could be a goer.

Sigh 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Mate I've given up with this club. We'll never make anything of ourselves!

I'll be back to playing again myself on Saturday afternoons now.

Lew- do you really think GJ was a "yes man??"- do you really think the guy who was appointed by Oldham as the youngest manager in the football league and then poached by Barnsley is a yes man ?? DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE  Lee's ambition. Or ability.

Who suspected Howe would take crappy Bournmouth to the holy land?- who would have suspected Skeletor to do the same ? and so on with a number of young managers like Moyes Pearson etc. 

Why not take a leap of faith and give LJ a chance? You're a good poster but I can't remotely get what you're saying.

Could be worse we could be Barnsley...

first-team training on Saturday and preparations for the game on Sunday will be led by Tommy Wright and Paul Heckingbottom.We would like to thank supporters for their patience and assure them that they will be updated as soon as there are any further developments.

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-update-2941083.aspx#J8b3iXcw1iqq3zP4.99

Just now, Dunstable Reds said:

first-team training on Saturday and preparations for the game on Sunday will be led by Tommy Wright and Paul Heckingbottom.We would like to thank supporters for their patience and assure them that they will be updated as soon as there are any further developments.

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-update-2941083.aspx#J8b3iXcw1iqq3zP4.99

we are much bigger than Barnsley

9 minutes ago, The Hustler said:

We will see I suppose.

I'm not so confident. The problem is that most new managers will have a period of grace before the fans turn.

Unfortunately, in LJ's case, fans opinion of him has already been set in stone. He doesn't stand a chance. Thus the reason he will be a disastrous appointment.

Why even go down that road? 

Speak for yourself not others. My opinion of Johnson the manager is not set in stone. Why would it be? I haven't even seen his team play a single game yet.

He's a likeable guy and I'm sure plenty of us wish him well, even if he isn't the man we wanted.

You have made your mind up that he will be a disastrous appointment before a ball has been kicked. You have no idea how it will pan out.

19 minutes ago, Dunstable Reds said:

No need to shout

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Speak for yourself not others. My opinion of Johnson the manager is not set in stone. Why would it be? I haven't even seen his team play a single game yet.

He's a likeable guy and I'm sure plenty of us wish him well, even if he isn't the man we wanted.

You have made your mind up that he will be a disastrous appointment before a ball has been kicked. You have no idea how it will pan out.

Exactly the guy seems to have something as a manager, comes over as his own man , his old man had a knack for making players play for him, he definitely made average players into great teams including the play off squad, it's not my first choice but could we ever have got Pearson etc, not sure , some of the over the top rants on here today are frankly ridiculous , give him a chance you never know Dicks, Cotterill and even Terry Cooper were either not popular or first choices in their time but did great things.

The worst thing now would for us to to be split when we need to pull together big time as relegation would be a disaster for many reasons, I am no happy clapper but for gods sake  let's get on with it and back the team.

9 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

No one's answered the two most important questions:

1) Does the Manager of the Month curse still count if you switch clubs immediately after winning it?

2) Would LDJhepingping be the first manager we've ever had on Twitter? (I think that's his username for those non Twitterers on the site)

I'm mildly disturbed that if he is appointed, we'll have a manager younger than me! Does this mean I'm old? :blink:

43 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Because he's good at spending other people's money?! 

Not in reply to you mate (bloody computers).

It's Steve Lansdowns club. He doesn't want another rooster in the hen house. He has lost £50,000,000 so far and need to get his bloody money back without any Messerschmitter telling him he is way off the mark 

Personally evertime I watch one of johnsons teams I am left purring about the quality of their play. Admittedly it feels like an underwhelming choice at first but the more I think about it the more im happy with the decision! 

Until the new stadium brings in championship competitive revenues we are going to struggle to appoint a moyes or Pearson as they would only join if given a top 6 warchest to spend on wages/signings! Remember how coppel turned out!

There seems to be a lot of naivety on this board with people's reactions! We are appointing a young good manager that is a good fit and has the potential to be a great manager!

why do people on here love seeing young players given a chance but go mad when a young manager is given one!?

give me a Johnson over a dean smith or a Russell slade any day!!:yawn:

Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Personally evertime I watch one of johnsons teams I am left purring about the quality of their play. Admittedly it feels like an underwhelming choice at first but the more I think about it the more im happy with the decision! 

Until the new stadium brings in championship competitive revenues we are going to struggle to appoint a moyes or Pearson as they would only join if given a top 6 warchest to spend on wages/signings! Remember how coppel turned out!

There seems to be a lot of naivety on this board with people's reactions! We are appointing a young good manager that is a good fit and has the potential to be a great manager!

why do people on here love seeing young players given a chance but go mad when a young manager is given one!?

give me a Johnson over a dean smith or a Russell slade any day!!:yawn:

I think we have a long wait if we are relying on stadium revenue. SL has to chuck money at it or we will not progress, unless incredibly lucky. every year we will have teams coming down with prem parachute payments.  Stadium revenue will never compete with that. If SL thinks it will witth a L2 academy, he is living in cloud cuckoo land

Just now, TRL said:

I think we have a long wait if we are relying on stadium revenue. SL has to chuck money at it or we will not progress, unless incredibly lucky. every year we will have teams coming down with prem parachute payments.  Stadium revenue will never compete with that. If SL thinks it will witth a L2 academy, he is living in cloud cuckoo land

Well im sure we can achieve revenues that will be in the top 12 of the league even with parachute payments. It has to be the aim to be self sufficient and be competitive in this league 

11 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Well im sure we can achieve revenues that will be in the top 12 of the league even with parachute payments. It has to be the aim to be self sufficient and be competitive in this league 

we will only become self sufficient if we make it to the prem, and get into the kind of sponsorship that can make football clubs self sufficient, we are going to need a lot of investment or a fantastically good against all odds season and then investment.

Unfortunately with the money coming in from China, costs are going to spiral, and a stadium and its revenue will not be enough.

4 minutes ago, TRL said:

we will only become self sufficient if we make it to the prem, and get into the kind of sponsorship that can make football clubs self sufficient, we are going to need a lot of investment or a fantastically good against all odds season and then investment.

Unfortunately with the money coming in from China, costs are going to spiral, and a stadium and its revenue will not be enough.

More than a year ago I told you to move the club to China

4 minutes ago, TRL said:

Costs rise as the supply of cash rises. Maybe much of the Prem money will go elsewhere in the next decade or two. 

Archived