IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

Posted Friday 5th Feb 2016 18:09

image: http://boards.footymad.net/img/avatar/empty.jpg

empty.jpg EastStandRed   Posts : 7,527 Joined : Dec 2012 Liked : 1244 times in 984 posts Hall of Fame :   Member : 3 years

re: Latest Cub Statement at Haif Five

Terms agreed apparently

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/barnsley-mad/2109562510/#ai3huAZ3UoXrZJ8Z.99

Just hope the people who barracked him as a player give him a chance, although I'm sure he'll realise what he's getting into!

3 hours ago, Collis1 said:

I am leaving the forum for 24 hours because of shit comments like this. 

**** off, how do you know it would be a disaster? At least give us some kind of explanation.

Cretins everywhere today...:facepalm:

Pleased that you are leaving. You are clearly far too melodramatic.

I don't need to explain. The fact that LJ split opinion amongst fans so dramatically just as a player, you think that will change because he's now the manager?

he's already failed before he has even started. Deal with it.

2 minutes ago, The Hustler said:

Pleased that you are leaving. You are clearly far too melodramatic.

I don't need to explain. The fact that LJ split opinion amongst fans so dramatically just as a player, you think that will change because he's now the manager?

he's already failed before he has even started. Deal with it.

I'm sure most of the fans who booed him as a player will give him a chance, after all we all want the club to be successful whoever the manager is

57 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

I think many have underestimated how costly the summer was to our outward reputation. The impact to our momentum this season is well known.

Its gone spectacularly wrong on a number of fronts, all of which has stemmed from the board/SC's inability to recruit properly. A truly monumental cock up.

The club has since had the time to make timely, informed and strategic decisions with regards player recruitment, day to day running of the club and outward communication. 

Despite this, they're still failing. And still failing fairly spectacularly.

We've had public humiliation after misfiring £9m bids. We've had a manager sacked at the worst possible time. We've had "you wouldn't believe the names of the managers applicants". We've now had 3 weeks of silence. That's reasonably terrible PR by any standard.

If Lee Johnson becomes the manager then good on him. He'll need the support with the state we are in. 

My problem with everything stems from the apparent incompetence of the club. They have all the power they need to accurately communicate the direction, aspiration and running of the club but they do it so poorly. 

The raised hopes and expectations and the dreams of Moyes, Pearson, Andre Grey and the premiership has all come entirely from the clubs rediculous media statements or sheer inability to conduct their business with any level of professionalism. Its the club that creates this expectation and it's the club that then ruins it. They need to learn.

It's turned into a rant, but it's pure frustration. This club has so much potential. I cannot fathom how we manage to mess it all up so often. 

Good post mate

Just now, mozo said:

Could any of the people in the know, particularly those from Tetbury, share any light on whether we met with Pearson, Pearce, Warnock or any other names of interest?

I'm not ITK but was told Pearson was interviewed early on but wanted total control, bring in all his own staff, too much money etc.

36 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Seems emotions are running high on here. I can't for certain say he was the guy I dreamed would turn our fortunes around, he's always been one for the future for me and think this has likely come too soon in his career. for all we know Lee being an intelligent guy may also feel the same?

If I were to give LJ any advice it would be "run my son, run to the ******* hills' 

he must be bloody crazy to want to come here!!!

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Could any of the people in the know, particularly those from Tetbury, share any light on whether we met with Pearson, Pearce, Warnock or any other names of interest?

Moyes were approached, I am led to believe. But he was 80% not interested

14 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I'm sure most of the fans who booed him as a player will give him a chance, after all we all want the club to be successful whoever the manager is

We will see I suppose.

I'm not so confident. The problem is that most new managers will have a period of grace before the fans turn.

Unfortunately, in LJ's case, fans opinion of him has already been set in stone. He doesn't stand a chance. Thus the reason he will be a disastrous appointment.

Why even go down that road? 

Archived