IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

Just now, Lew-T said:

Mate I've given up with this club. We'll never make anything of ourselves!

I'll be back to playing again myself on Saturday afternoons now.

Bet your gaffer is worse than LJ! 

I get the distrust, the soundbites don't match up and they've raised expectations and hopes unreasonably. Take that out of the equation, and if the board kept their PL shite out of the equation, I think there is a lot of method in this appointment. But yes, they have misled and so I can see that disappointment. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Have you learnt nothing from the Cotterill appointment? The success of a manager is often more about the fit between the individual and the club. Past success at other clubs is no guarantee of future success here. Likewise a mediocre record does not guarantee failure here - as Cotterill proved.

Would Lee Johnson be my first choice? Absolutely not! Will I give him a chance and back him should he be appointed? Absolutely!

You've ignored all history and made your mind up before the new man has even put pen to paper, and that's ridiculous. Get a grip, and give him a chance.

Fair enough. I understand that and agree with what you say!

However, he isn't proven at this level whereas Cotterill was. SC did a great job at Burnley! Lee is managing a club with a good backing at that level, and are sitting in 12th place! That's after all the recent wins too...

Barnsley were tipped for autos this year. People are forgetting that! 

17 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

1000 people? Really? I've been reading it during the day and I don't think there's been anywhere near that amount giving an opinion let alone the majority of that number being against it. The poll will reveal all I guess.

Sorry, must've pressed send too early, finished off what i meant to say. And yes, I checked earlier, there were circa 1000 on around the time City issued their statement (or soon after) unless the figures quoted are inaccurate. 

Anyway, you have your way. Your Messiah comes in the shape of a lower league manager who's acheived nothing, apart from getting to the final of the JPT, a final that is looked upon by the top two leagues as the FA vase or FA trophy. You maybe right, karma may indeed come from reigning in ambition, and aiming low, like you do. 

For me, and for many like me, we wanted a Championship manager, someone who may not be cheap (like the ones you like) but, someone who can keep is in this league and eventially challenge for promotion. 

1 minute ago, Lord Northski said:

Sorry, must've pressed send too early, finished off what i meant to say. And yes, I checked earlier, there were circa 1000 on around the time City issued their statement (or soon after) unless the figures quoted are inaccurate. 

Anyway, you have your way. Your Messiah comes in the shape of a lower league manager who's acheived nothing, apart from getting to the final of the JPT, a final that is looked upon by the top two leagues as the FA vase or FA trophy. You maybe right, karma may indeed come from reigning in ambition, and aiming low, like you do. 

For me, and for many like me, we wanted a Championship manager, someone who may not be cheap (like the ones you like) but, someone who can keep is in this league and eventially challenge for promotion. 

there are no guarantees with any manager though.  its all about the fit with the current  club, not past success or failures, which amounts to very little other than a rose tinted history for fans.

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Fair enough. I understand that and agree with what you say!

However, he isn't proven at this level whereas Cotterill was. SC did a great job at Burnley! Lee is managing a club with a good backing at that level, and are sitting in 12th place! That's after all the recent wins too...

Barnsley were tipped for autos this year. People are forgetting that! 

You're stating reasons why you think he will fail. Many of us share your concerns and many of us did the same with Cotterill. But that doesn't guarantee that he will fail any more than appointing a coach with experience in the Championshop would guarantee success.

Just give him a chance.

7 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Firstly I don't think there would have been 1000 people on here. Some threads build up that number of views bit not that number of people. But I'm sure @Tomarse could end this argument one way or the other.

Also, I haven't 'got my way'. My first choice would have been Pearson I suppose but that wasn't the point. I took exception to the fact you seemed to talk for the majority when saying it was clearly not a popular choice when in fact the polls show the opposite. The majority are up for getting behind him.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You're stating reasons why you think he will fail. Many of us share your concerns and many of us did the same with Cotterill. But that doesn't guarantee that he will fail any more than appointing a coach with experience in the Championshop would guarantee success.

Just give him a chance.

I'm just disappointed with the club and I think I'm tarring LJ with the same brush, he isn't who I'd like and he's not somebody who I thought the club were interested in. Especially three weeks ago!

3 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Firstly I don't think there would have been 1000 people on here. Some threads build up that number of views bit not that number of people. But I'm sure @Tomarse could end this argument one way or the other.

Also, I haven't 'got my way'. My first choice would have been Pearson I suppose but that wasn't the point. I took exception to the fact you seemed to talk for the majority when saying it was clearly not a popular choice when in fact the polls show the opposite. The majority are up for getting behind him.

There has been aroun 800-1200 online most of the time today 

1 minute ago, TRL said:

there are no guarantees with any manager though.  its all about the fit with the current  club, not past success or failures, which amounts to very little other than a rose tinted history for fans.

Agreed, but if you aim low, you usually acheive it. And, we're aiming low with LJ. As are those who want him as manager. 

I fully understand those that aren't overly enamoured with this appointment, I'm not exactly certain it's a good move myself but I'd probably say I'm on the fence.

Some of the posts on this thread and others are beyond belief though. It's almost like it's a competition for who can be the most outraged.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Sitting on the fence. 

its not sitting on the fence, it isnot having the ability to see into the future.  Pointless speculating. 

I will suggest he will

1, be crap and get sack

or

2 be great and get poached

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Okay then.

Do you think this would be a good appointment?

Might go well, might go tits up.  Either way, give him a chance to prove people right or wrong.  

If the question is "do you think this is the best appointment the club might have made?"  my answer would be no.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I'm just disappointed with the club and I think I'm tarring LJ with the same brush, he isn't who I'd like and he's not somebody who I thought the club were interested in. Especially three weeks ago!

Therein lies the problem. Perfectly understandable appointment (in my view - agree you may disagree), but because of their stupid soundbites becomes totally underwhelming. 

It's like your old man suggesting your first car would be a Mini and turning up with a Fiesta. You've done okay, but you're going to be underwhelmed. 

I agree the board have made a mistake in the way they led us on, I think also they made a mistake sacking SC for this sort of appointment (but that's a different thread), but actually had they not fed us shite it maybe would have had a different reaction. 

It would surely have been more beneficial to the club and less costly overall if SC had been allowed to secure the players he wanted in the summer without interference, even if he was exceeding his remit and budget.

The fallout from those deals collapsing and subsequent rift between him and SL has cost us dearly, to the extent that the club is facing a swift return to Lge1 with a novice manager. Someone who did not exactly thrill the fans when he was here as a player, and who will no doubt be on the end of a lot of vocal criticsm should things not go well.

4 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

But only 90 now? Or is that figure of people currently browsing just members? Fair enough tho if so, just shows what a good job you guys do at running this.

There is 1060 people online at moment.

2 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Agreed, but if you aim low, you usually acheive it. And, we're aiming low with LJ. As are those who want him as manager. 

we are aiming at a unknown as with any manager.  Whoever we employ a lot of people will think they are crap.

Personally I would have like Pearson, but he probably never wanted it, and he certainly wouldn't fit in (an big assumption) to the way we are structuring the club.  I wouldn't be at all surprised that the setup has put off bigger names that people may have wanted

Look on the bright side, he's never been sacked.

He did a cracking job at Oldham, and he's taken Barnsley to Wembley. He's got a connection with this club and has a reason to want us to win, no matter what you though of him as a player. Nigel Pearson may be a more experienced manager, but to him, we'd just be a club. To Lee, we're a club he loves.

Purposefully kept off here all today as I thought it would be the day and surprise surprise, it looks like we have a new Gaffer...

Didn't want Lee. Too inexperienced, not a big name, controversial history with City, no big record in his managerial career.

But, it looks like he is here and there's sweet FA we can do about it. So I hope he proves all us doubters wrong (myself included) and takes us to the PL next season and a decent FA Cup run with the big boys...

Not gonna stop supporting. Gonna take my lad down to see him in action (hope LJ doesn't make him cry like he did 5 or 6 years ago)

Best of luck little Lee. You're gonna need it fella...

Just now, Tomarse said:

There is 1060 people online at moment.

Ah well then. On mine it just says 87 recently browsing so that was the number I thought was on at any one time which is why I thought it was crazy for Northski to say 100. On that point Northski, I apologise,  I was wrong. However I still dispute that you can say it clearly is a unpopular choice. 

Thanks Tomarse. Keep up the good work.

20 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

How do you know that LJ can't keep us in this league and then have us challenging for promotion?

Archived