IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Anyway this club is shit and has always been shit. What ever shit is served we will swallow it and support the one and single innocent party: Bristol City Football Club

hahah you made me chuckle there, probably the most correct statement uttered on otib today

Just now, Lord Northski said:

Like yourself, I don't have any evidence of him doing so. 

So because he hasn't done it in this specific league, he won't be able to? Out of interest, who would your realistic appointment be? Based on achievement and experience and how would they fit into this club, the fan base etc?

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Anyway this club is shit and has always been shit. What ever shit is served we will swallow it and support the one and single innocent party: Bristol City Football Club

I'll take more of the 2007/2008 shit please. 

36 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Fair enough. I understand that and agree with what you say!

However, he isn't proven at this level whereas Cotterill was. SC did a great job at Burnley! Lee is managing a club with a good backing at that level, and are sitting in 12th place! That's after all the recent wins too...

Barnsley were tipped for autos this year. People are forgetting that! 

Find Harry's post he started. You are way off the mark. Lost the majority of his team before the opening day.

I think many have underestimated how costly the summer was to our outward reputation. The impact to our momentum this season is well known.

Its gone spectacularly wrong on a number of fronts, all of which has stemmed from the board/SC's inability to recruit properly. A truly monumental cock up.

The club has since had the time to make timely, informed and strategic decisions with regards player recruitment, day to day running of the club and outward communication. 

Despite this, they're still failing. And still failing fairly spectacularly.

We've had public humiliation after misfiring £9m bids. We've had a manager sacked at the worst possible time. We've had "you wouldn't believe the names of the managers applicants". We've now had 3 weeks of silence. That's reasonably terrible PR by any standard.

If Lee Johnson becomes the manager then good on him. He'll need the support with the state we are in. 

My problem with everything stems from the apparent incompetence of the club. They have all the power they need to accurately communicate the direction, aspiration and running of the club but they do it so poorly. 

The raised hopes and expectations and the dreams of Moyes, Pearson, Andre Grey and the premiership has all come entirely from the clubs rediculous media statements or sheer inability to conduct their business with any level of professionalism. Its the club that creates this expectation and it's the club that then ruins it. They need to learn.

It's turned into a rant, but it's pure frustration. This club has so much potential. I cannot fathom how we manage to mess it all up so often. 

22 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I fully understand those that aren't overly enamoured with this appointment, I'm not exactly certain it's a good move myself but I'd probably say I'm on the fence.

Some of the posts on this thread and others are beyond belief though. It's almost like it's a competition for who can be the most outraged.

I've decided I want it to happen just to see all those who are outraged foaming at the mouth. 

42 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think the thing that ***** me off the most with this is that it's taken 3 weeks to happen. 3 weeks at this stage of the season, at the position we're in, is paramount to the team and new manager. LJ was available 3 weeks ago. He hasn't changed as a man or a manager from when Cotts was sacked, to now. Suddenly he wins a few games and wins MOTM and the club want to talk to him and think he's good enough to become our next manager and that worries me. 

If he really was top of the list then he could've been in charged by the Birmingham game or maybe even the Leeds game. **** knows what the board have been doing all this time to go to someone that they could've approached 9am the day after Cotts was sacked.

That's the thing though, IF Lee Johnson was the preferred option how come he wasn't appointed when Cotts was sacked? Could it be there were others in front of him who were approached. Others who have a proven track record at this level or have links to top premiership sides? And perhaps they saw a little club in the backwaters of English football and thought "Bugger that for a game of soldiers."  Without inside knowledge or a mate who worked for the News of the World we won't know because the club won't tell us and thus undermining the guy they do appoint.

As things stand we are looking to appoint a young manager who has cut his teeth in the league we've just escaped from. When we've appointed former players before it was their first taste of management. Remember his fathers first season in the Championship? That "Conference manager" nearly took us to the Premiership.

Now I don't have a crystal ball so I can't tell how this is going to pan out, but that is true for everyone on here. Cases can be made for and against appointing Lee Johnson, just as they can be made for any potential managerial appointment. All we can do is keep supporting the club regardless of who's manager/head coach and hope the board have been inspired. 

Debate is good and we all have our own views, which should be respected, I just hope that when a new manager/head coach is appointed those who are disappointed with the choice will give the guy some support because if he does well the team does well and that's what we all want isn't it?

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Reaching the play offs on a -1 goal difference was quite an achievement. Thank you very much Adriano Basso!  

You write endless ******* horse shit on this forum, so I've only got myself to blame for responding. But don't play down that season in any way. Cheers. 

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

You write endless ******* horse shit on this forum, so I've only got myself to blame for responding. But don't play down that season in any way. Cheers. 

Interestingly on topic, the auto push petered out as daddy's boy got himself injured for a period of time.  Shit player cost us by getting injured

Steve Lansdown has made his choice. What ever we think about it it is something we have to live with.   

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Reaching the play offs on a -1 goal difference was quite an achievement. Thank you very much Adriano Basso!  

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

lots of emotion on here tonight but lets just cut through the like/dislike stuff. As far as I am concerned, after 60 years of following City, this is a defining moment. We've always been what we are, but the expectation was low to begin with. Now, we have a new stadium and owners who say the target is the Premiership. OK, BUT, the owners also say we have to live within our means. So, we are still what we are, a third division club who occasionally fluke a couple of seasons in the second division. My expectations were high this year but now I feel let down. I expected a manager with some charisma who I could look forward to raising our profile and attract players who would take us forward. Well, I have to live within my means, as well, and cheap players, manager, club should equal cheap tickets. Next season there will be plenty of room in the ground so I wont need a season ticket. I will be City for ever but I'm not going to be taken for a gullible fool any more.

Just now, bristolcitysweden said:

An advice to Steve Lansdown. You have so far lost £500,000,000 on Bristol City F.C. Double the stake til you get success. Eventually it will happen 

Advice to you, lay off the booze. 

Managed to get all the way to Milan today half expecting things to calm down a bit and people start being balanced....Wow couldn't be more wrong. 

I'm confident that whatever is expressed on here isn't going to get taken into account and the board will appoint whoever it chooses - if that's LJ then so be it. 

Talk of never going to a game again, ripping up season tickets etc. is mental.

Have a word with yourselves will you. 

Archived