IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he became one, two minutes into his home debut v Brentford.

So scoring on home debut is your criteria for a 'cult hero'? Fair enough...you decided after two minutes of seeing him at AG that he had earned that title...

So Lee Miller, Lee Matthews, Steve Torpey are all cult heroes by your criteria?

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So scoring on home debut is your criteria for a 'cult hero'? Fair enough...you decided after two minutes of seeing him at AG that he had earned that title...

Steve Torpey's not a 'cult' hero, he's just a straight-up hero

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, it was part of a "moment", that involved:

- first home game back in the championship

- first home game back in the partly developed ground

- first time in the South Stand for me and Joe and lots of others too

- first time loads of fans had seen him (I'd seen him at Yeovil and liked what I saw)

- he was French / Ivorian Coast national, we don't get many of them, so new for lots of us.

- we had no real idea how good he was

- it was a hit sunny day

- it was two minutes in

- he ran over to us, no more than 5 yards away

- etc 

- etc

it does not have to be a recreatable set of rules, or consistently applied.  I doubt I was the only one who took that moment to see him in that Cult Hero light1

For interest, how quick were their goals on their home debut.

You're becoming more confrontational with these balmy June days we are having. :P

As Ian Astbury might sing "here comes rain, I love the rain" - oh bugger that's by the Cult - no pun intended :whistle:

10 hours ago, Chappers said:

I'm sure Richard Bryant scored on his debut, a two game City career back in the 80's

"Lofty" certainly did - was my centre back partner on or off for 2 seasons.  He is a local hero, passed on a lot of advice to me, about when to get tight, when not to etc, although any goals we conceded he blamed on me! :clap:

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

- first time loads of fans had seen him (I'd seen him at Yeovil and liked what I saw)

- he was French / Ivorian Coast national, we don't get many of them, so new for lots of us.

- it was a hit sunny day

- it was two minutes in

- etc 

- etc

it does not have to be a recreatable set of rules, or consistently applied.  I doubt I was the only one who took that moment to see him in that Cult Hero light1

You're becoming more confrontational with these balmy June days we are having. :P

As Ian Astbury might sing "here comes rain, I love the rain" - oh bugger that's by the Cult - no pun intended :whistle:

"Lofty" certainly did - was my centre back partner on or off for 2 seasons.  He is a local hero, passed on a lot of advice to me, about when to get tight, when not to etc, although any goals we conceded he blamed on me! :clap:

Good comeback Dave! Like it! And talking of Ian Astbury, we often open our set with 'She Sells Sanctuary' - wot a tune!

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

- it was a hit sunny day

- it was two minutes in

- etc 

- etc

For you Dave...

41 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good comeback Dave! Like it! And talking of Ian Astbury, we often open our set with 'She Sells Sanctuary' - wot a tune!

I am gonna get along to one of your gigs...dates never work out....booo.

Saw The Cult a couple of months back....bumped into 'Abby.....he looks the same!

you're a *****ly old Thistle these days.....see what id did there? :P

11 hours ago, Robbie_Turner said:

The welcome he got in the sports bar last game...if witnessed no one would deny, that was cult hero status.

Not sure I've seen anything like it in 44 years of following City !!

What a welcome indeed. You could tell that he was genuinely moved by it and had probably never experienced that level of adulation before. 

I had my picture taken with him that day. Jimmy, his son and my mate look great. Unfortunately I look like Kryton from RedDwarf so it will never see the light of day. 

2 hours ago, lenred said:

What a welcome indeed. You could tell that he was genuinely moved by it and had probably never experienced that level of adulation before. 

I had my picture taken with him that day. Jimmy, his son and my mate look great. Unfortunately I look like Kryton from RedDwarf so it will never see the light of day. 

I've got a copy of that picture Len...you don't look that bad, more like the old guy from the film Up!

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

12 million and it might turn our heads ;)

I genuinely think his price is £9-12m. Compared to some of the strikers in this league. The current market & not to mention he is now a full scoring international.

6 minutes ago, RedAlexD said:

I genuinely think his price is £9-12m. Compared to some of the strikers in this league. The current market & not to mention he is now a full scoring international.

and the fact newcastle are minted and have the unfair parachute payments, bleed um dry I say,

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

and the fact newcastle are minted and have the unfair parachute payments, bleed um dry I say,

Don't sell to anyone this summer. If we're serious about pushing onwards and upwards all the excitement about Tomlin and O'Neil and others will be undone and certainly will send out the wrong vibe to prospective recruits.

17 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Don't sell to anyone this summer. If we're serious about pushing onwards and upwards all the excitement about Tomlin and O'Neil and others will be undone and certainly will send out the wrong vibe to prospective recruits.

I don't mind selling, but it has to be right for the club and we have to have a replacement lined up or through the door,

If Kodja was to leave today, I would hope that other french striker would be through the door tomorrow, (just an example), its where we have failed in the past, we got rid of cunningham and never had another left back at the club or lined up

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I don't mind selling, but it has to be right for the club and we have to have a replacement lined up or through the door,

If Kodja was to leave today, I would hope that other french striker would be through the door tomorrow, (just an example), its where we have failed in the past, we got rid of cunningham and never had another left back at the club or lined up

No -- get the other striker in first -- otherwise we all know what will happen!!

The potential sale of kodjia is like the housing market.

all well and good getting a great offer, but a similar replacement is going to cost similar money unless we downgrade and availability isn't great. We would have to do a Newcastle and pay over the odds so it just makes sense to keep him. Besides, there is plenty more to come from him and he certainly could cut it in the prem for a greater team for greater money in another years time.

his stock is still rising

Archived