IGNORED

Unpopular opinions

Thatwasclose

55 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I guess there is no right answer. In fairness I am talking about a team that has 8/10 championship players, against whom you just wonder if you will get a chance at all. We all get excited by the super striker, just my own view that the way to glory is built on clean sheets. Mind you, that front line of course might compensate a tad!

True, my example was a ridiculously extreme end of the spectrum. I guess perhaps the Johnson playoff team is testament to your theory.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:28, Iron Man said:

The whole "wurzel" culture surrounded around the club is cringe worthy and makes us look seriously inbred.

That is so very true.  If I were in charge of the match-day music I would destroy any Wurzels music in the ground and then have a total permanent ban and that would include Wurzel songs being sung by the yokels in the Atyeo (or any other stand).  We are meant to be a forward thinking and progressive City for God's sake, so why encourage something that, because a small vocal minority persists in peddling, reflects on all of us to make us seem intellectually challenged.

I know loads of City fans - friends/work colleagues/relatives/ just random people you bump into etc and I cannot imagine that they have any affection for this image, it is just wrong!

So why does the club choose to play this awful rubbish?:grr:

21 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

That is so very true.  If I were in charge of the match-day music I would destroy any Wurzels music in the ground and then have a total permanent ban and that would include Wurzel songs being sung by the yokels in the Atyeo (or any other stand).  We are meant to be a forward thinking and progressive City for God's sake, so why encourage something that, because a small vocal minority persists in peddling, reflects on all of us to make us seem intellectually challenged.

I know loads of City fans - friends/work colleagues/relatives/ just random people you bump into etc and I cannot imagine that they have any affection for this image, it is just wrong!

So why does the club choose to play this awful rubbish?:grr:

I like some Wurzels songs, but one for the Bristol City is horrific. Absolutely rubbish and embarrassing. The rest that we play are better though. My issue with Wurzels songs is they aren't anthemic enough, you've got Marching On Together, Keep Right On, You'll Never Walk Alone etc which sound great - but they're all slow songs with huge choruses. The Wurzels ones we sing are too fast to ever be as impressive as the ones I mentioned.

9 hours ago, WestfieldRed said:

Also now we have the space I think the club should be giving away 200-500 seats to a local school every game to boost attendances and encourage the next generation of supporters.

2 hours ago, WestfieldRed said:

The 'Icelandic' slow clap chant should be banned from all use other than by fans at an Iceland game. 

Hardy 'unpopular' opinions, surely?

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I like some Wurzels songs, but one for the Bristol City is horrific. Absolutely rubbish and embarrassing. The rest that we play are better though. My issue with Wurzels songs is they aren't anthemic enough, you've got Marching On Together, Keep Right On, You'll Never Walk Alone etc which sound great - but they're all slow songs with huge choruses. The Wurzels ones we sing are too fast to ever be as impressive as the ones I mentioned.

Drink up thy zider and Blackbird are good. One for the Bristol City is shite. Sorry.

43 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Drink up thy zider and Blackbird are good. One for the Bristol City is shite. Sorry.

I dislike Blackbird I'll 'Ave Ee : Maybe because I associate it with losses,  maybe because it's a nursery rhyme about someone wanting to murder a songbird! 

I think if we lose we should walk out to the End by the Doors or something by Leonard Cohen. ...

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I dislike Blackbird I'll 'Ave Ee : Maybe because I associate it with losses,  maybe because it's a nursery rhyme about someone wanting to murder a songbird! 

I think if we lose we should walk out to the End by the Doors or something by Leonard Cohen. ...

The squad should come out to "Ride of the Valkeries"; DUTZ if we win and something by Gustav Mahler if we lose.

The Slags could come out to Sousa's "Liberty Bell". Absurdity needs a suitable anthem.

2 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Sorry, a bit late coming to this, so this one is likely to have been done already.

Section 82 is shit.

Why? Without them, Ashton Gate would've been a morgue last season. It's the only section of the ground that provides any atmosphere consistently. If you want a crap home atmosphere like Norwich or Reading - get rid of them. The issue for me is location; sound doesn't travel well there and limited numbers in the Atyeo mean people can't join in very easily as they're isolated. If you want Ashton Gate to have a good atmosphere with loads of people joining in - put them somewhere better in the ground where this can happen (south stand as the club originally suggested). 

I say this as a Dolman ST holder!

14 hours ago, Ringopiece said:

Alcohol is overfartooquickly.

Just closing the loop.

Ahem...

Alcohol is overfartoquickly, and causes sex to be overevenmorequicky or sex to notevengetstarted.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why? Without them, Ashton Gate would've been a morgue last season. It's the only section of the ground that provides any atmosphere consistently. If you want a crap home atmosphere like Norwich or Reading - get rid of them. The issue for me is location; sound doesn't travel well there and limited numbers in the Atyeo mean people can't join in very easily as they're isolated. If you want Ashton Gate to have a good atmosphere with loads of people joining in - put them somewhere better in the ground where this can happen (south stand as the club originally suggested). 

I say this as a Dolman ST holder!

Ah, bugger, sorry.

I thought I was posting in the unpopular opinions thread, not the rational opinions thread.

39 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Ah, bugger, sorry.

I thought I was posting in the unpopular opinions thread, not the rational opinions thread.

Just wanted to know why you made that statement really. For the points I listed, I think S82 and similar groups are really necessary to prevent our atmosphere from being appalling. 

Interested to know why you said what you said, if that's actually what you think.

Archived