IGNORED

Lee Johnson Sack Watch (Merged, again and again)

And Its Smith

12 hours ago, woodsy62 said:

I think we are finding our level which is poor championship or top six league 1 yo-yo team

I don't accept that .

Look at our support , we are more than capable of sustaining a Championship club and , dare I say it ? , a Prem one ? 

If the likes of Watford, Burnley , Swansea etc can do it then so can we .

What we need is a coach who can get the best out of the talented group of players we have here.

14 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As things stand we haven't been in the relegation zone all season so not sure how you can say 'we are going down without a shadow of a doubts' like you have a crystal ball. 

I'm in favour of a change as much as anyone by now but this kind of hyperbole helps no one. 

The "we haven't been in the relegation zone all season" statement has an ominous ring to it. It reminds me of Toni Watola, Rovers financial director. After relegation to the Conference he said  the club had not budgeted for relation and had only been in a relgation position for 54 (?) minutes all season. Oh how we laughed!

14 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As things stand we haven't been in the relegation zone all season so not sure how you can say 'we are going down without a shadow of a doubts' like you have a crystal ball. 

I'm in favour of a change as much as anyone by now but this kind of hyperbole helps no one. 

What hyperbole? Our form over the last 18 games will take us down. Care to dispute that?

There's not a shred of evidence to support the thesis that if we lose to Fulham, LJ will be sacked.

It remains a pertinent fact that his contract was extended before Xmas.  This suggests that he will be the manager for the long haul, whether or not we lose to Fulham, or indeed whether or not we are relegated.  Look at the evidence and forgot the wishful thinking.

14 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

What hyperbole? Our form over the last 18 games will take us down. Care to dispute that?

Why is it acceotable to look at form over 18 games but refuse to consider it over - say - 4 games (where it's far from relegation form) or more notably 31 games (where it's marginally better than relegation form) as evidenced by the fact that we've played 31 games and have ammased the required points to be out of the relegation zone?

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why is it acceotable to look at form over 18 games but refuse to consider it over - say - 4 games (where it's far from relegation form) or more notably 31 games (where it's marginally better than relegation form) as evidenced by the fact that we've played 31 games and have ammased the required points to be out of the relegation zone?

ok lets take the form of the last 5 games and apply it over the rest of the season, if we get the same points return that weould give us 47 points, now tell me is that enough to stay up,

because sure as shit it isn't to me

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

ok lets take the form of the last 5 games and apply it over the rest of the season, if we get the same points return that weould give us 47 points, now tell me is that enough to stay up,

because sure as shit it isn't to me

The point I was making is you can make up any number you like by deliberately including or excluding games. 

The anti-LJ posters deliberately exclude the form when it was good to add weight to their argument and the pro-LJ (and I use that term VERY loosely) will point out that the form in the last 4 games has been better than it has been for months (which, granted, is only really an indicator of how bad things were before)!

In reality the only 'form' that matters is the form over 46 games. After 31 of those 46 games we have just accumulated enough points to survive so it's wrong to look at any other sample. 

Will we get enough points to be safe? Anyone's guess I'd say, but to say it's a 'certainty' that we'll get relegated is nonsense. It's no more a certainty that staying up is at this point in time. 

If you take last season we finished on 52. If you take the form for the last 4 games and extrapolate we'd end up on 50 and we survived comfortably in the end. 

Point being if there's one thing for certain about the Championship, it's uncertainty!

Sadly I agree that he will stay regardless because SL has dug himself a great big hole he can't get out of. With regard to the form argument we have lost more games than any side in the Championship other than Rotherham who I would say are a certainty for relegation. There is nothing to suggest that we are suddenly going to start winning or even drawing games and nothing to suggest that our defence will suddenly stop leaking goals. We may just about stay up but there is nothing to suggest that another season with LJ in charge will be very different.

26 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The point I was making is you can make up any number you like by deliberately including or excluding games. 

The anti-LJ posters deliberately exclude the form when it was good to add weight to their argument and the pro-LJ (and I use that term VERY loosely) will point out that the form in the last 4 games has been better than it has been for months (which, granted, is only really an indicator of how bad things were before)!

In reality the only 'form' that matters is the form over 46 games. After 31 of those 46 games we have just accumulated enough points to survive so it's wrong to look at any other sample. 

Will we get enough points to be safe? Anyone's guess I'd say, but to say it's a 'certainty' that we'll get relegated is nonsense. It's no more a certainty that staying up is at this point in time. 

If you take last season we finished on 52. If you take the form for the last 4 games and extrapolate we'd end up on 50 and we survived comfortably in the end. 

Point being if there's one thing for certain about the Championship, it's uncertainty!

on avg you need 50 points to stay up, on current standings we'll be lucky to get 40, we lose to the top and can't beat whats around us, and scrape by the teams at the very bottom, that isn't some random number its cold hard fact,

aboslotey nothing has been shown to say otherwise,

We need to score 3 or 4 goals a game to win or at least 2 to get a point, we've just lost our top scorer to injury, we are doomed

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

on avg you need 50 points to stay up, on current standings we'll be lucky to get 40, we lose to the top and can't beat whats around us, and scrape by the teams at the very bottom, that isn't some random number its cold hard fact,

aboslotey nothing has been shown to say otherwise,

We need to score 3 or 4 goals a game to win or at least 2 to get a point, we've just lost our top scorer to injury, we are doomed

Your first sentence is nonsense. Here are the last 9 seasons points totals for the highest placed relegated side (most recent first)

40, 41, 44, 40, 42, 47, 46, 48

So not one at 50 or above. In fact for the last 5 years an average of 41.4 points. 

Extrapolate our 31 game form and we end on 47 

Extrapolate our last 5 and we end on 47

So to say that relegation is a certainty on our form - whether short or long term - is rubbish as the evidence suggests it'll be enough to beat the drop. 

Not that I'm saying that's something to be proud of you understand. But let's at least get the facts right. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Your first sentence is nonsense. Here are the last 9 seasons points totals for the highest placed relegated side (most recent first)

So not one at 50 or above. In fact for the last 5 years an average of 41.4 points. 

So to say that relegation is a certainty on our form - whether short or long term - is rubbish as the evidence suggests it'll be enough to beat the drop. 

Not that I'm saying that's something to be proud of you understand. But let's at least get the facts right. 

47 points could well be enough and our goal difference is far better than the other bottom dwellers.

Silver linings and all that.

8 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

47 points could well be enough and our goal difference is far better than the other bottom dwellers.

Silver linings and all that.

If I remember right we are minus 4 and Blackburn -7, so not a lot there, at half time on Saturday we were 41 F and 41 A, typical City.:facepalm: Points accumalation this season at the bottom, is higher than average, but 46 hopefully will be enough.

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

carry on abd bury your head in the sand, I'm glad your happy with everything thats going on, look forward to rochdale and fleetwood next season

My fear is that the 'cross over' where he HAS to go will coincide with such a critical point in the season that we will be very hard to save.

- SL won't get rid until we are IN the drop zone. 

- as we are 3 points clear, this will take at least two or three more games (with our goal difference), we would have to lose 2 more, and Wigan or Blackburn need 4 points to overtake us.

- this will probably mean into March.

- SL will then have no wriggle room to get someone 1/2 tidy in - and who will want the job just to have a relegation on his CV?

Steve is gambling on LJ getting it right, and there is no sign of that. We are just lucky there are currently three worse sides than us out there if you ignore Rotherham - who are gone already.

Given our current form that is one hell of a gamble to take, and I don't see what it is based on.

We have a very leaky defence and rely on a loan striker to score most of our goals.

Still - as long as the happy clappers think it's OK .............

:whistle:

tfj

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

carry on abd bury your head in the sand, I'm glad your happy with everything thats going on, look forward to rochdale and fleetwood next season

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I'm telling you your underlying assumptions are fundamentally factually incorrect. 

Archived