IGNORED

Lee Johnson Sack Watch (Merged, again and again)

And Its Smith

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

And what was that full time score? So Steve Maclaren didn't full outthink LJ did he? 

A point at Derby, regardless, is a good point. And more that pretty much anyone on here would have predicted when looking at the remaining fixtures. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on head coaches question:-

Is it better to get a draw when winning 3-0 well into second half, or better to get a draw when losing 3-0 well into second half ?

You and I give different answers to this question. Fair enough. Wonder what others think?

Problem on saturday was the substitutions were wrong. We needed to refresh the full backs rather than the strikers as golbourne especially was knackered. We needed to defend the lead and hold it out by simply putting on fresher legs at the back. Tammy and Taylor could have continued harassing up front.  It was poor decision making from LJ after what was a very good set up to start with. Shot himself in the foot

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Earlier in the season Villa, Ipswich, Forest & Leeds were all beaten. On this forum defeats to Newcastle  Norwich were accepted by most as both opponents had just come down from the Prem, City played well against them and only conceded one goal.

I've been wondering what has happened as those earlier results are becoming a distant memory. The first half at Derby doesn't bear this theory up, but have the players decided en masse to only play when they feel like it?

Those early games were very tight, and I suspect the players were concentrating hard and throughout the game. Earlier in the reason it was often our defence that kept us in games so that we could stage a second half comeback.

I wonder on Saturday whether, when we went 3 up, the defence mentally relaxed, lost concentration  and once Derby got one back and had their tails up they couldn't get the concentration and intensity back.

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on head coaches question:-

Is it better to get a draw when winning 3-0 well into second half, or better to get a draw when losing 3-0 well into second half ?

You and I give different answers to this question. Fair enough. Wonder what others think?

Well, to use your phrase, you only get points for the final score, right?

A few weeks ago people were lamenting the 'style' of football, saying let's at least go and have a go. I'm glad we did that, and it could easily have been 4-1.

Obviously drawing from 3-0 up is tough to take, but sometimes to you have to credit the opposition too.

In my opinion, again we've been undone by lapses in concentration and a lack of mental strength, interestingly often from the same few players, over and over again.

Basically, imagine the feeling when a top Championship side begins to claw back and figure you out and your lionesque leading figure is nothing but wet blanket and professional human cauliflower, Dean Holden. After that our back 4 could defend an innocent man all the way to Death Row in some Cambodian jail.

Interesting comment on Post site from Luke Freeman, talking about Holloway : 

He's given me all the confidence a player like me needs.

Says a great deal about his time with City.

Confidence is something many on otib are saying is missing from our players.  After a week or so and one game Luke has his confidence back

You don't have to be a genius to see what, or rather who, is wrong at Ashton Gate

21 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Confidence is something many on otib are saying is missing from our players.  After a week or so and one game Luke has his confidence back

You don't have to be a genius to see what, or rather who, is wrong at Ashton Gate

Typical sound bites for the QPR fans.

Funny that because I believe Freeman has been been a used sub, an unused sub and had one start since moving. And his team have drawn one and lost two since he moved, so he is hardly pulling up trees with his new found confidence.

37 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

you never stop moaning do you...

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Typical sound bites for the QPR fans.

Funny that because I believe Freeman has been been a used sub, an unused sub and had one start since moving. And his team have drawn one and lost two since he moved, so he is hardly pulling up trees with his new found confidence.

Being brought in to his new team gradually, playing well when on the pitch by all accounts, and a superb goal at the weekend.

As for QPR not doing particularly well so Freeman can't be pulling up any trees, you must realise there's actually there's no correlation between the two. 

Freeman's a good Championship player imo. who LJ could neither instill confidence in, nor improve. In those respects I think he was ill served by LJ as a coach.

Hollowhead, for all his manifold faults, knows how to breed confidence in his players and I expect Freeman to go from strength to strength under a manager - even a buffoon of a manager - who believes in him.

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

you never stop moaning do you...

What a pointless contribution to the thread.  If you think confidence isn't an issue for us and that Freeman simply is not telling the full story, man up and share your thoughts on this so as the debate goes on rather than be driven into the sand

9 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I don't see how this can go on much longer now. As things stand we are going down without a shadow of a doubt. The defence is pathetic and yet our best defender this season can't even get in the squad. Something stinks Mr Johnson.

As things stand we haven't been in the relegation zone all season so not sure how you can say 'we are going down without a shadow of a doubts' like you have a crystal ball. 

I'm in favour of a change as much as anyone by now but this kind of hyperbole helps no one. 

1 minute ago, allyolly said:

There was nothing in the game. Wicked deflection for their 2nd point blank saves by Green and we hit the bar. 

What a strange analysis from you when we're starting to pick up. 

How can you possibly say that. It's just senseless. We lost, Again. In what way are we picking up? Maybe Rotherham hit the post, they're still going down.Our run of form has nothing to do with luck.

Archived