IGNORED

Lee Johnson Sack Watch (Merged, again and again)

And Its Smith

Not read the thread and hadn't seen it before. Bit of a pathetic one really.

Must have been double gloom for a lot of the posters then with yesterday - no sensational revelations resulting in the sack and a credible point away at Derby albeit a very frustrating one in the manner in which it was gained. 

Read thread title and thought .. ridiculous!

For a start LJ is fairly small in stature,

Can't imagine his shoe size is particularly large,

Despite a bit of designer stubble, LJ is definitely not as hairy as the title insinuates,

LJ definitely exists and has been seen, caught of film, and photographed numerous times..

How anyone can start a thread insinuating something like this is bloody crazy ....

Spot the difference and make up your own minds....

lee-johnson-manager-of-bristol-city-during-the-efl-cup-match-between-picture-id588571400?k=6&m=588571400&s=594x594&w=0&h=yXJrE2BifHz7ueETOQxzT_9FhfsikZ61KLMC3YDwfPc=bigfoot.jpg

PS ... people starting threads should check their spelling before getting it wrong and putting their big foot in it.

21 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Despite a bit of designer stubble, LJ is definitely not as hairy as the title insinuates,

LJ definitely exists and has been seen, caught of film, and photographed numerous times..

You forgot terrible dress sense. I mean yesterday he had a cardigan on. And the photo you've used, he's got a horrific blue v neck jumper on.

I've also seen him with brown shoes, a pink tie and a grey suit (and he wasn't at at a wedding either).

29 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

You forgot terrible dress sense. I mean yesterday he had a cardigan on. And the photo you've used, he's got a horrific blue v neck jumper on.

I've also seen him with brown shoes, a pink tie and a grey suit (and he wasn't at at a wedding either).

Good point ... but that gives me an idea...

If, as I expect, LJ is still here at the end of the season and we are still in the Championship. Wouldn't  it be fun to turn the last home game into a ...

Ashton Gate 'Lee Johnson Fancy Dress Tribute Party' !!   ... ?

With everyone turning up in their best ' LJ dress-alike ' wardrobe malfunction efforts ....

Maybe even turn it into a BCFC fans charity event with a bucket collection and 'I'm an LJ Jumper' stickers. :) 

18 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

If, as I expect, LJ is still here at the end of the season and we are still in the Championship. Wouldn't  it be fun to turn the last home game into a ...

With everyone turning up in their best ' LJ dress-alike ' wardrobe malfunction efforts ....

Maybe even turn it into a BCFC fans charity event with a bucket collection and 'I'm an LJ Jumper' stickers. :) 

How many Otibers would be prepared to have a laugh and ...

'Dress Up and Look a Proper Johnson For a Day' ... if it was for charity?   

40 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

How many Otibers would be prepared to have a laugh and ...

'Dress Up and Look a Proper Johnson For a Day' ... if it was for charity?   

Lee Johnson cardigan day! 

All wearing a dodgy cardie like we do with Christmas jumpers.

£1 a pop with all monies to CHSW. I'd do it.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

:chant6ez:Johnson says jumper round the ground. :chant6ez:

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

How anyone can start a thread insinuating something like this is bloody crazy ....

Spot the difference and make up your own minds....

lee-johnson-manager-of-bristol-city-during-the-efl-cup-match-between-picture-id588571400?k=6&m=588571400&s=594x594&w=0&h=yXJrE2BifHz7ueETOQxzT_9FhfsikZ61KLMC3YDwfPc=bigfoot.jpg

PS ... people starting threads should check their spelling before getting it wrong and putting their big foot in it.

Funniest post ive read in ages.  Good work WH :D

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Lee Johnson cardigan day! 

All wearing a dodgy cardie like we do with Christmas jumpers.

£1 a pop with all monies to CHSW. I'd do it.

C O Y R's .... hit the charity shops between now and May .. choose your 'Johnson attire'  .. 

Get yer Johnson's out, pull on yer Johnson's, try 'em for size , then proudly display yer Johnson's in public for the first time (erm, probably) to each other, Brum City & Lee Johnson at noon on May the 7th..

Put your 'Johnson's' to good use and raise a few bob for CHSW (great choice of charity btw Peg :) )

(anybody here who can organise and make Big Johnson Day happen?.. where there's a willy there's a way!) 

57 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

C O Y R's .... hit the charity shops between now and May .. choose your 'Johnson attire'  .. 

Get yer Johnson's out, pull on yer Johnson's, try 'em for size , then proudly display yer Johnson's in public for the first time (erm, probably) to each other, Brum City & Lee Johnson at noon on May the 7th..

Put your 'Johnson's' to good use and raise a few bob for CHSW (great choice of charity btw Peg :) )

(anybody here who can organise and make Big Johnson Day happen?.. where there's a willy there's a way!) 

If you're happy with CHSW, then @ollyredlandred is the man to speak to. Also might be worth getting @AdamB, @Mkelly and @Dollymarie involved.

I just hope LJ don't mind us taking the piss out of his attire! It's all for a good cause!

Edit: We mean dodgy cardigans and v necks, not a certain part of the male anatomy!

Before i explain what i mean, i would confer with other posts since saturdays collapse,

who are saying that all 3 goals on saturday came down their right wing and scott golbourne,

who i think is a good player did not do his job and stop the balls coming in to the middle.

Having said that when the ball did arrive in the middle the other defenders didn,t do their 

jobs either so a bit harsh to pin it all on scott.

now to my main point ----

it  is very difficult to put your finger on what is going wrong with the quality of squad that we

have now got at our disposal  -  and i am probably leaving it open to the anti lee johnson supporters 

to say sack the manager, and i am not one of those.

If you take the 11 that started the game, and got us in to a 3 nill position, add to that the bench i.e.

fielding, pack, tomlin, o,dowda , djuric, paterson, and vyner, then add in 7 players who weren,t

even on the bench magnusson, mathews, reid, wilbraham,o,neill,smith,engvall, thats 25 players

who surely should be good enough to at least hold their own at this level.

In the first half on saturday it looked like lj had found the right combination, only to fall apart in

the second half (can you blame lj for that?).

Hopefully he will play the same 11 (but swap golbourne for magnusson in my opinion) and if we 

get another draw or better still a victory, we could be on our way.

KEEP THE FAITH.

Earlier in the season Villa, Ipswich, Forest & Leeds were all beaten. On this forum defeats to Newcastle  Norwich were accepted by most as both opponents had just come down from the Prem, City played well against them and only conceded one goal.

I've been wondering what has happened as those earlier results are becoming a distant memory. The first half at Derby doesn't bear this theory up, but have the players decided en masse to only play when they feel like it?

You have to defend as a team and I am afraid second half we were not at the races. We kept giving the ball away and reverted to long balls.

Goldbourne had a decent game for me and it is shame he is targeted as I dont think the goals were all his fault:

1. Goldbourne needs to try and stop the cross for the first goal but the marking in the box was shambolic and both Flint and Little were AWOL. Same happened in identical circumstances for the Wolves equaliser when we played them at Molyneux. 

2. Joe Bryan was at fault for the second goal. He did not track his man. Goldbourne went to close the ball down and did his job. Again, the marking in the middle was shambolic and there was no real attempt to get a head in there. 

3. The penalty was bloody soft. BUT Goldbourne had no need to make any kind of challenge as Ince was heading away from goal. If there was a faint touch it showed some naivety on Goldbourne's part.  

4. LJ's substitutions were piss poor and I think he got them wrong. 

The key for me is ball retention and rather than kill the game we kept giving the ball away and inviting them on to us.... that is what disappointed me the most having played them off the pitch prior to that. 

36 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Before i explain what i mean, i would confer with other posts since saturdays collapse,

who are saying that all 3 goals on saturday came down their right wing and scott golbourne,

who i think is a good player did not do his job and stop the balls coming in to the middle.

Having said that when the ball did arrive in the middle the other defenders didn,t do their 

it  is very difficult to put your finger on what is going wrong with the quality of squad that we

have now got at our disposal  -  and i am probably leaving it open to the anti lee johnson supporters 

If you take the 11 that started the game, and got us in to a 3 nill position, add to that the bench i.e.

fielding, pack, tomlin, o,dowda , djuric, paterson, and vyner, then add in 7 players who weren,t

even on the bench magnusson, mathews, reid, wilbraham,o,neill,smith,engvall, thats 25 players

In the first half on saturday it looked like lj had found the right combination, only to fall apart in

Hopefully he will play the same 11 (but swap golbourne for magnusson in my opinion) and if we 

KEEP THE FAITH.

They have shown that they can't so far

1 hour ago, MarkRed! said:

You have to defend as a team and I am afraid second half we were not at the races. We kept giving the ball away and reverted to long balls.

Goldbourne had a decent game for me and it is shame he is targeted as I dont think the goals were all his fault:

1. Goldbourne needs to try and stop the cross for the first goal but the marking in the box was shambolic and both Flint and Little were AWOL. Same happened in identical circumstances for the Wolves equaliser when we played them at Molyneux. 

2. Joe Bryan was at fault for the second goal. He did not track his man. Goldbourne went to close the ball down and did his job. Again, the marking in the middle was shambolic and there was no real attempt to get a head in there. 

3. The penalty was bloody soft. BUT Goldbourne had no need to make any kind of challenge as Ince was heading away from goal. If there was a faint touch it showed some naivety on Goldbourne's part.  

4. LJ's substitutions were piss poor and I think he got them wrong. 

The key for me is ball retention and rather than kill the game we kept giving the ball away and inviting them on to us.... that is what disappointed me the most having played them off the pitch prior to that. 

This. And sticking with 4-4-2 after an hour when people were visibly tiring wasn't the best move- 3 in centre mid would have improved the ball retention, circulation no end and with the right tweaks could have opened up big counter attack opportunities.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Correct but sadly the match was played over 90 minutes not 45. It is the ft score that counts.  No prizes for ht score.

And what was that full time score? So Steve Maclaren didn't fully outthink LJ did he? 

A point at Derby, regardless, is a good point. And more that pretty much anyone on here would have predicted when looking at the remaining fixtures. 

1 hour ago, dunsteral said:

KEEP THE FAITH.

I will help you out. The real problem is Lee Johnson. 

Archived