IGNORED

Can someone tell me...

spudski

....how Tomlin hitting the cross bar, Wilbs perfectly timed header and goal, that was disallowed, Tomlin's piss poor penalty, and numerous shots on goal, plus Burton not scoring...is LJ's fault?

I don't believe in luck...but I believe you make your own luck.

Today's result wasn't LJ's fault...but I really can't see it getting any better under his coaching. I actually feel for the bloke...we need change, just to change the dimension. Sometimes, for all the good intentions, your luck runs out, or it isn't the right fit, at the right time.

Got to say though...I thought today's crowd was worse than any performance put in by a player. What an awful support. I've heard louder in library's.

The abuse and booing for 90 mins by some 'fans' was a disgrace. Witnessed a lot of fans getting in to arguments and calls for 'let's take this outside'. We do have some complete knobs that follow this club...we're all frustrated...but some fans are complete **** wits.

I even witnessed a bloke in his 50's ish having a go at a disabled kid for cheering the City on. He then started to chant for Burton...next to the Heineken lounge under the disabled area. His mates egging him on.

Complete and utter manual manipulator....some of our fans today were a disgrace.

When you get people around you saying...'I can't be arsed tuesday'...not because of what's happening on the pitch, but because of the toxic and volatile same 'support', then you have to question everything.

Good luck to whoever replaces LJ...because we all know, it will be his fault if it goes tits up again. Who'd want to manage this club...shit support...pay your money, watch and ******* moan all game. Where was the 12th man?

Imo...our support reflects Bristol....it's happy when things are going well...but makes a big noise and fuss and moans a lot ,when things are going bad. No different to the nimby's at Ashton Vale.

Bizarre.

I heard no abuse at all during the game and the only booing was understandably at the final whistle. A crowd of 17,000 is bound to contain its' fair share of pricks, but I doubt we are any different from other clubs in that respect.

Bad luck tends to even itself out, but in our last 21 games we have picked up just 11 points.

Utterly ******* pathetic by an inept "coach" who has spent far, far more than the majority of sides in The Championship.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Bizarre.

I heard no abuse at all during the game and the only booing was understandably at the final whistle. A crowd of 17,000 is bound to contain its' fair share of pricks, but I doubt we are any different from other clubs in that respect.

Bad luck tends to even itself out, but in our last 21 games we have picked up just 11 points.

Utterly ******* pathetic by an inept "coach" who has spent far, far more than the majority of sides in The Championship.

I agree our manager is inept. Surely our players are also inept, the table doesn't lie?

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

....how Tomlin hitting the cross bar, Wilbs perfectly timed header and goal, that was disallowed, Tomlin's piss poor penalty, and numerous shots on goal, plus Burton not scoring...is LJ's fault?

Today's result wasn't LJ's fault...but I really can't see it getting any better under his coaching. I actually feel for the bloke...we need change, just to change the dimension. Sometimes, for all the good intentions, your luck runs out, or it isn't the right fit, at the right time.

Got to say though...I thought today's crowd was worse than any performance put in by a player. What an awful support. I've heard louder in library's.

The abuse and booing for 90 mins by some 'fans' was a disgrace. Witnessed a lot of fans getting in to arguments and calls for 'let's take this outside'. We do have some complete knobs that follow this club...we're all frustrated...but some fans are complete **** wits.

I even witnessed a bloke in his 50's ish having a go at a disabled kid for cheering the City on. He then started to chant for Burton...next to the Heineken lounge under the disabled area. His mates egging him on.

Complete and utter manual manipulator....some of our fans today were a disgrace.

When you get people around you saying...'I can't be arsed tuesday'...not because of what's happening on the pitch, but because of the toxic and volatile same 'support', then you have to question everything.

Good luck to whoever replaces LJ...because we all know, it will be his fault if it goes tits up again. Who'd want to manage this club...shit support...pay your money, watch and ******* moan all game. Where was the 12th man?

Imo...our support reflects Bristol....it's happy when things are going well...but makes a big noise and fuss and moans a lot ,when things are going bad. No different to the nimby's at Ashton Vale.

We're you that annoying bloke singing for 90 minutes on his own? 

Of course a penalty miss isn't directly LJs fault. But that isn't the point. 

The point is, LJ has made a game against Burton a must win because of months of shambolic performances.  That puts pressure on his players so a miss is more likely. 

Aside from the great chances we had we were very poor, as is standard fayre under LJ. 

The blame over the long term is LJs fault. Picking out individual incidents in support of LJ does nothing to support his reputation. 

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Were you there today mate...?

Yes 

(You also forgot when mentioning luck - Dyers miss)

Bad luck and fine margins for 5 months is it ?

Uncle Steve bought him half a new side in January and he still can't get it right

Sorry -  but you don't like being questioned / challenged do you ?

I'm not sure of your point?  Football has always been followed by some complete belters, the fact that the board don't think it will get nasty, to me, shows a basic lack of understanding of football and its followers.

Don't agree with stuff like that obviously but I think the fact everyone has been so passive is embarrassing.

This is purely SL's fault (apart from the poor behaviour of individual fans which is inexcusable) LJ should have been history months ago.

Interesting that you're now towing the BS line of it being the fans fault.

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes 

(You also forgot when mentioning luck - Dyers miss)

Bad luck and fine margins for 5 months is it ?

Uncle Steve bought him half a new side in January and he still can't get it right

Sorry -  but you don't like being questioned / challenged 

Some fans love backing losers like SOD  and LJ. 

Can't think what that makes them.     

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

We're you that annoying bloke singing for 90 minutes on his own? 

Of course a penalty miss isn't directly LJs fault. But that isn't the point. 

The point is, LJ has made a game against Burton a must-win. That puts pressure on his players so a miss is more likely. 

Aside from the great chances we had we were very poor, as is standard fayre under LJ. 

The blame over the long term is LJs fault. Picking out individual incidents in support of LJ does nothing to support his reputation. 

I'm not supporting LJ...I'm just putting some balance into the frame. Fans are happy to blame everyone associated with the Club, but they can't stand it when any accusation is aimed at them. Our support is shit...yes people pay to come and watch, but the support is ******* awful.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes 

You also forgot when mentioning luck - Dyers miss

How mental was that miss...it almost happened in slow motion.

However...even though we weren't at our best and playing in fear and panic mode...we had the better of the chances.

If you take that game as one game...and judge it on that....there is no way you can blame LJ for drawing and goals missed or disallowed. We created and scored as many chances as most teams do in a game. How do you blame LJ for Wilbs fantastic header? There was no foul...nothing wrong with it.

I agree...we need a change...but not for half the reasons sighted on here.

I you were to sit down with professionals in the game....do you think they would listen to your arguments and take them seriously?

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

As happens to every football manager in the leagues, why do you think we are any different ? Myself im amazed at the apparent apathy to whats occurring on a monthly basis down the gate, shit support ? how dare you.

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

Today's result wasn't LJ's fault...but I really can't see it getting any better under his coaching.

Sorry Spud. Always try to find the common ground with you but literally no idea where you get this from - politely (excluding the inane nastiness of fly by night posters) this is probably the most ridiculous thing I've read from a reasoned contributor on here in my life. Did you see the pass and move that Burton managed pretty much every time they had the ball? Why have we not managed that for half a year? Why couldn't we pass or move the way we did?

I agree that some people will use any reason to slaughter LJ, but if you can't see it getting any better than today's performance and use the penalty and the disallowed goal as a measure of our near success then your recent comments about detachment from City is probably warranted. We were a far poorer footballing side the Burton in every respect today and while Tomlin has had a horrific performance, to claim a pass for LJ today is beyond ridiculous.

By the way, I heard nothing but positive support from the Dolman and Atyeo for the entire 90 minutes. I was amazed how much people anywhere I could hear heeded the request of the owner to keep the negativity under wraps. Sorry if people were horrible where you sit but changing the story to one of fans being a disgrace is really beyond the pale for me. I enjoy and learn from your point of view but I can't agree with a single thing you have written.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm not supporting LJ...I'm just putting some balance into the frame. Fans are happy to blame everyone associated with the Club, but they can't stand it when any accusation is aimed at them. Our support is shit...yes people pay to come and watch, but the support is ******* awful.

How mental was that miss...it almost happened in slow motion.

However...even though we weren't at our best and playing in fear and panic mode...we had the better of the chances.

If you take that game as one game...and judge it on that....there is no way you can blame LJ for drawing and goals missed or disallowed. We created and scored as many chances as most teams do in a game. How do you blame LJ for Wilbs fantastic header? There was no foul...nothing wrong with it.

I agree...we need a change...but not for half the reasons sighted on here.

I you were to sit down with professionals in the game....do you think they would listen to your arguments and take them seriously?

What are you on about ?

Whatever / Whoever it is I wouldn't care - don't blow smoke up anyone's arse for effect personally

I can assure you that a few 'professionals in the game ' would and do have similar opinions

but hey - you're the man who understands how things work unlike the idiot average supporter

1 minute ago, tts_city said:

As happens to every football manager in the leagues, why do you think we are any different ? Myself im amazed at the apparent apathy to whats occurring on a monthly basis down the gate, shit support ? how dare you.

Agreed.

While the support is far from the noisiest in the league, I'm sure it's as SL would like it. Not too vociferous to upset the vegans, not too loud to wake any pensioners. 

What SL knows about noisy support I've forgotten since tea time. 

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Complete drivil. LJ has has more than enough time and money. He is the luckiest manager in club football history to still have his job. Emotions are more than expected. 

Concise and to the point. 

Can anyone name a manager who's had more time from a wealthy owner? 

when we played them both Newcastle and Villa booed their teams off at half time and are just as vocal when players make dumb passes, or have poor games. And I would suggest they both (well at least Newcastle) have less reasons to be unhappy as we are - so we shouldn't blame our fans for the on pitch performances, coaching, drills, tactics, team selections. 

Honest question , If Newcastle were in our position, and had won 4 games in 5 months how do you think the crowd would be reacting at St.Jame's ? I think our fans have been if anything to polite, and we would not even be in this position to have voice this "toxicity" for so long if something was done earlier to burst the boil.

5 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Complete drivil. LJ has has more than enough time and money. He is the luckiest manager in club football history to still have his job. Emotions are more than expected. 

drivel, Thatch. Drivel. Let's have it right. Just in case you are knocking up a banner for Tuesday

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

' Shit Support '

Don't know why you lower yourself to ever frequent AG @spudski

So what's so great about it....apart from people paying money to watch it and moan...or cheer when we've scored a goal. You think our 'support is great? It's on a par with our results...piss poor.

People blame the team and coach...but can never take criticism when due. Our support is shit. You're blinkered to think otherwise. It was like a library today. No support...no effort. You can blame the team and LJ as much as you want....yes they have been crap...but so are the fans. They sit in silence and just moan...or cheer when we score. When do they 'get up for it' before a game? They expect the players to do it...but they don't.

Sorry mate...but this forum is full of shite. It's just a love in to whoever can moan the most about the current situation. No support...just negative, moan moan, moan.

How many threads do you want on ways of getting LJ out and moans about the performance?

I haven't read one credible post on what could be the answer...just moans and negative comments...and 'sack LJ'...with not one gauaranteed answer to what could get us out of the shit. It's easy moaning and saying it's shit...and blaming everyone at the club...but not one credible solution.

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Sorry is definitely the hardest word. Although "you're" and "fired" are not heard enough at the moment

I do applaud people that stand by their convictions, a trait that is admirable.  The usually coherent poster is now sounding like a BS stooge though.

I admit I was wrong in my full support  at the start of the season, I was almost evangelical in my praise of LJ and BS.  

I was an idiot.

Archived