IGNORED

20Man / Mark Ashton (Merged)

RT's Vaseline Tub

17 minutes ago, iamsober said:

well said

Some people want answers to why we're in such a state on the pitch. If you want to sit on your hands and do nothing like some kind of footballing conscientious objector then fine . Don't criticise people who are sick and fed up of being fed the same corporate bullshit  all the time.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Be open and transparent with their paying customers maybe. 

Whenever anything is said by him it is labelled as BS without it actually being listened to. Doesn't need matter what he says, there's several on here who would call him a liar is all he said was "My name is Mark".

So, as before, he has the choice of saying nothing and being called a "coward" or make a statement and be called a "liar" "****" "cock" and much more.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Whenever anything is said by him it is labelled as BS without it actually being listened to. Doesn't need matter what he says, there's several on here who would call him a liar is all he said was "My name is Mark".

So, as before, he has the choice of saying nothing and being called a "coward" or make a statement and be called a "liar" "****" "cock" and much more.

No, he has the opportunity of being questioned by someone not employed by the club, who is independent, we can then take his answers on merit.

It's really not a difficult concept.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

But you can't have it both ways I'm afraid.  At the beginning of the season you couldn't shut him up buzz words aplenty DNA , DYNAMIC    then the shit hits the fan and he's nowhere to be seen apart from the Pembo interview.  So , sorry but that smacks of a coward who can't face the tough questions because it will make him look bad .diddums man the **** up or **** off. It's a big bad world out there.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

No, he has the opportunity of being questioned by someone not employed by the club, who is independent, we can then take his answers on merit.

It's really not a difficult concept.

So he lies in interviews, but not in ones where someone else asks the questions?

Thats a bullshit argument.

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

People are making their own assessments in the absence of any clarity from Bcfc. Honesty on their part will help, not hinder. 

Your tone sounds quite similar to the way the club are treating us. Lifelong fans seen as troublemakers in the journey toward the corporate plaything. 

I think the whole attitude to Mark Ashton and Bristol Sport in general is as much coming from people's own political/social ideology. 

Its very apparent that to many 'corporate' is a bad thing/a dirty word. It would seem that many would like to see the club run as a co-operative. 

The role models on which football clubs are run vary, but most these days are run by wealthy entrepreneurs. The difference with our rich-owner is that he does it largely on a philanthropist basis . 

I guess all owners have to realise that fans 'are the club' and important to the running of the club. Ignore them completely and your in trouble. 

At the end of the day, however the club is owned, while results are bad they'll be discontent. Should we have a committee running things at AG ( say Dolly, Cotswold Red, Edmond,Cynic, Big Tone) they'd have been fighting among themselves who would have to speak to Twentyman. Some would have wanted LJ sacked at Xmas, others after Cardiff , and maybe some not at all. I don't think that's the way to run things. 

Football is an anomaly as a business and I'm sure there's only one set of fans in the entire country who are happy with the way their club is currently run and I'm watching them at the moment . 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

So he lies in interviews, but not in ones where someone else asks the questions?

Not sure that is what he means.

He is suggesting questions favour him and is well aware of what is being asked before hand allowing prepared answers. 

Thats before you have chance to edit the video!! 

Radio would be live and completely different ballpark. 

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

How would you know, all we've heard recently has been scripted?

Put on the spot with some proper questioning, live, may allow more truth to appear.

It's the difference between Paxman and a party political broadcast, if you can't tell the difference between the two, crikey.

I'm still not sure what it is people want to hear from him? 

SL has said pretty all there is to say on the LJ subject - like him or loathe him, he's not going anywhere. What do you want from Ashton? He'll only be told to say the same. 

And maybe he has disagreed with SL behind closed doors, doesn't mean he should make that view public. That wouldn't help the "We need everyone pulling together" message coming from the club.

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

But you can't have it both ways I'm afraid.  At the beginning of the season you couldn't shut him up buzz words aplenty DNA , DYNAMIC    then the shit hits the fan and he's nowhere to be seen apart from the Pembo interview.  So sorry but that smacks of a coward who can't face the tough questions because it will make him look bad .diddums man the **** up or **** off. It's a big bad world out there.

I can't have it both ways? Have you read your argument?

In the summer people were calling him every name under the sun, asking what he did, he conducted a few interviews explaining these things.

He has done 2 interviews this year so far and went up to fleetwood and did something like shake the hand of every single fan who went there.

This thread smacks of looking desperately for an excuse to have a go.

Ashton was quite happy to hog the limelight after his Summer transfer dealings and positive start to the season so surely he should be available when going not so good.

We all have good & bad days at work but can't just go in to hiding when it suits us.

He was offered an interview on his terms and still turned it down so not sure what that says about US except that he holds us in utter contempt and a pesky unwanted interference.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

How would you know, all we've heard recently has been scripted?

Put on the spot with some proper questioning, live, may allow more truth to appear.

It's the difference between Paxman and a party political broadcast, if you can't tell the difference between the two, crikey.

Not really, the club would ask for some idea of what is going to be asked, he would have a 'party line' to stick to.

Or at least that's the excuse for whenever anything is said that doesn't suit the agenda

50 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

Why would he go on there just to be abused  by you lot about him and Johnson and lansdown? Nothing he says is gonna please you lot so there is just no point!

By you lot - you mean fans ?

Anyway it's open for anyone to call in, so it would give you a chance to call in and gush all over him and tell him what a brilliant job he's doing and what a great season we have had.

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Lost our identity under Bristol Sport? Our identify before BS was 120 years of mediocrity so if anything I'd say we're cementing our identity. 

Simply not true.  In old first division twice, FA Cup Finalists, plus Wedlock and Atyeo. 

Can't wait for BS to Go away

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not really, the club would ask for some idea of what is going to be asked, he would have a 'party line' to stick to.

Or at least that's the excuse for whenever anything is said that doesn't suit the agenda

And with one word you've lost all credibility and the argument.

My only 'agenda' is what is best for this club for the next 120 years, and I'm talking about more than LJ as manager and Div 3 next season.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I can't have it both ways? Have you read your argument?

In the summer people were calling him every name under the sun, asking what he did, he conducted a few interviews explaining these things.

He has done 2 interviews this year so far and went up to fleetwood and did something like shake the hand of every single fan who went there.

This thread smacks of looking desperately for an excuse to have a go.

Think you're reading it from Mark Ashtons ass to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes they did . Johnson said it was the boards decision . Ashton said it was LJ's decision to get rid of JP but at the end of the season. That is a contradiction.

I listened to LJ's interview and he said he and the board discussed it and came to a decision it was in the best interests for Pembo to go, there was even a follow up question where LJ said it was his choice. 

1 hour ago, iamsober said:

who is 20man anyway!!!!

A very respected, descent local radio reporter who never ducks the big issues/questions. Rather than a polished, scripted bullshit Adam Baker interview maybe?

Yes he played for the Gas but pull your head from your ass as he's the closest we've got to garnering some semblance of accountability for our club being destroyed

18 minutes ago, redapple said:

Should we have a committee running things at AG ( say Dolly, Cotswold Red, Edmond,Cynic, Big Tone) they'd have been fighting among themselves who would have to speak to Twentyman.

Christ, can you imagine that! We'd never get anything done. :whistle: :icecream:

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

And with one word you've lost all credibility and the argument.

My only 'agenda' is what is best for this club for the next 120 years, and I'm talking about more than LJ as manager and Div 3 next season.

No, there are many people who have been against Ashton from the beginning and provided no reason. Anything and everything he does or doesn't do is criticised, those people have an agenda against him.

Anyway, seeing as you know who our manager will be and our league for next season, why don't you give us the date of the next Mark Ashton interview?

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I listened to LJ's interview and he said he and the board discussed it and came to a decision it was in the best interests for Pembo to go, there was even a follow up question where LJ said it was his choice. 

Well i didn't hear that , if it's the case then fine i stand corrected . The only place i heard that was on MA 's interview

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, there are many people who have been against Ashton from the beginning and provided no reason. Anything and everything he does or doesn't do is criticised, those people have an agenda against him.

Anyway, seeing as you know who our manager will be and our league for next season, why don't you give us the date of the next Mark Ashton interview?

Bigger things to worry about at the club to be honest.  I am one of the few that actually thinks MA would be great for us if he wasn't being shackled by SL.

That's only my opinion, no ITK stuff, but I still reckon LJ would have either never been appointed or binned off months ago if MA could make the decision.

Its why I'd like a proper interview conducted.

Archived