IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

Just now, Shtanley said:

Pack and Smith are good enough. 

For bottom half? Yes I agree. Don't get me wrong Pack won me over last season and Smith can be a very good player. However one is far too inconsistent over a season and the other doesn't play enough due to injury, we need to move forward.

1 minute ago, RobArnold10 said:

For bottom half? Yes I agree. Don't get me wrong Pack won me over last season and Smith can be a very good player. However one is far too inconsistent over a season and the other doesn't play enough due to injury, we need to move forward.

Smith has his limitations as a player but in the system we'll be playing this season with the 2 CMs playing reasonably deep I think they'll both be more than able enough. They work very well together. 

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

For challenging for PL?

We're in the championship atm let's concentrate on getting out of it first. 

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

For challenging for PL?

Sorry, do you really think we should be expecting a challenge for promotion after last season? If that's really true, then we really can't win. I think most of us would be happy with steady progression to mid table, rather than lurching up and down the leagues.

We've rebuilt, changed the system, and now should be the time that we're starting to really solidify. I'd be very happy if we were a side that were solid, but also had some exciting youth talent coming through.

6 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Sorry, do you really think we should be expecting a challenge for promotion after last season? If that's really true, then we really can't win. I think most of us would be happy with steady progression to mid table, rather than lurching up and down the leagues.

We've rebuilt, changed the system, and now should be the time that we're starting to really solidify. I'd be very happy if we were a side that were solid, but also had some exciting youth talent coming through.

Who knows? Our ambition should be to challenge next season at the latest

33 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

One O'Dowda is perfectly fine as he is doing very good. We don't need a copy though as there are players in other positions needed.

I'd actually like to see some more pace in the side Tommy , and the ability to hit sides on the counter with pace

To do so successfully you need at least two or three with legs and pace

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I totally agree but do we need a copy of CO'D?

I know I've not seen all that much of him, but he looks a very different type of player to O Dowda to me. Unless you mean that he's quick, fairly light and likes to go past a player. But surely that would make almost all wingers a copy of O Dowda.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Is he a 'copy' tho Tommy ( You obviously know tons more on Eliasson than we do)

Going by the clips he looks nimbler , more tricks than COD and quicker , in bursts ,  where I see COD as more of a leggy ball carrier who will run all day - bit of a Darren Anderton 

Looks to be more of a goal threat than COD too

Think they could pair up either side nicely

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

They aren't identical for one, and why not? Did COD play every game last season? No. If he tried would he be able to? No, or at least not effectively over the course of a season. Do people go in and out of form? Yes. Can they both play either side? Yes. We have no body attacking in the middle, why can't Paterson play there? Why is there no room for a new player just because we have 2 players when we're looking at 3 positions (LW/RW/CAM). I don't know why you think that this would be a bad transfer? None of your points make much sense.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is he a 'copy' tho Tommy ( You obviously know tons more on Eliasson than we do)

Going by the clips he looks nimbler , more tricks than COD and quicker , in bursts where I see COD as more of a leggy ball carrier

Looks to be more of a goal threat than COD too

Think they could pair up either side nicely

You obviously have seen more of O'Dowda mate  

Also worth noting that one of the "scouting" videos claimed Eliasson had also played a fair amount in a central role. Could even be a Tomlin replacement.

OR, Johnson uses a system where the three attacking midfielders rotate and don't have set positions throughout the match, like Klopp's Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

They aren't identical for one, and why not? Did COD play every game last season? No. If he tried would he be able to? No, or at least not effectively over the course of a season. Do people go in and out of form? Yes. Can they both play either side? Yes. We have no body attacking in the middle, why can't Paterson play there? Why is there no room for a new player just because we have 2 players when we're looking at 3 positions (LW/RW/CAM). I don't know why you think that this would be a bad transfer? None of your points make much sense.

I haven't said it would be a bad transfer. We have more urgent positions to fill though.

I expect CO'D to play the waste majority of the season.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I haven't said it would be a bad transfer. We have more urgent positions to fill though.

I expect CO'D to play the waste majority of the season.

"Another O'Dowda is a luxury we can't afford"

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Do we need C'OD x 2?

So you weren't referring to Eliasson as COD x2? We don't NEED a COD x2, but if it was a sensible wage then I wouldn't say it was a luxury. Back up for a position with a promising young international? Great, sign him up. Get a COD x3 & x4 for the other wing.

50 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Something in the middle for me. I'd be happy with that.

I'm sick and tired of fighting for 21st place..

Archived