IGNORED

Evander Sno

ashbrisc11

thought he was a brilliant all round midfiedler tbh.he controlled the game and he set up 2 of the goals and played precise passes all over the pitch picked out number 34 on the move from his own box at one point he looked brilliant until hartley came on as he knew him from celtic and he had a brilliant attitude a player i would love to see in years to come a complete gj player and gj talked to him when he came off ? does this mean something as he also looked at steve lansdown up the ciderarmy come on you reds. :innocent06::fingerscrossed:

thought he was a brilliant all round midfiedler tbh.he controlled the game and he set up 2 of the goals and played precise passes all over the pitch picked out number 34 on the move from his own box at one point he looked brilliant until hartley came on as he knew him from celtic and he had a brilliant attitude a player i would love to see in years to come a complete gj player and gj talked to him when he came off ? does this mean something as he also looked at steve lansdown up the ciderarmy come on you reds. :innocent06::fingerscrossed:

I feel quite out of breath reading that.

well I have had a look, and as the topic title suggests EVANDER SNO according to dutch reports is coming on a season long loan to us.... he is a 22 year old defensive midfielder from Ajax and from what I remember of his time at celtic he is very much in the marvin elliot mould of player, so although he is a fine player it concerns me that we may be looking for a replacement already for big marv, although I may just be jumping to conclusions there.

I seen him as a Celtic player, he constantly failed to impress but he was only 19 when with Celtic so he's probably improved. He just seemed a little lethargic on the football pitch.

He looked anything but lethargic when we played Ajax in a pre-season friendly. He was quite outstanding, in fact. Seems a highly improbable scenario, though, I'd have thought. Why would he come here? And do we need another deep-lying midfielder?

Still, I suppose you never know...

He looked anything but lethargic when we played Ajax in a pre-season friendly. He was quite outstanding, in fact. Seems a highly improbable scenario, though, I'd have thought. Why would he come here? And do we need another deep-lying midfielder?

Still, I suppose you never know...

I second that CC, got a standing ovation when he went off from the city fans - looked absolute quality and very unlikely to come to us!

Sno ran the show for Ajax in the friendly,looked world class, infact got a huge round of appluse from City fans when he came off.

Dont know if he could handle the pace of the CCC week in week out but in that friendly he was imense

Where we are short of cover is clearly , assuming 5-3-2 is the favoured formation , the back three centre backs. If Carey , Fontaine and Nyatanga are the preferred starting three we only have McComb and Skuse as cover (James Wilson has been sent to Brentford) , so if Skuse's future is the back three Elliot becomes the only defensive midfielder other than possibly Johnson.

If he's available would be a terrific signing

It would seem a strange position to try and strengthen with Skuse and Elliott there but Sno had lots of class in our friendly. I do wonder why he'd want to come here from Ajax or why they'd want to let him go.

I suppose if the club had received a £3-4m offer for Elliott they might try and line up Sno as a replacement before deciding on whether to take it.

I'd be a little wary of reading too much into one friendly as well. I think this one is unlikely personally.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/..._Bristol__.html

Translation;

BRISTOL - bristol City is with Ajax in far-reaching negotiation concerning Evander Sno. The club from the Championship wants take over the middenvelder on hiring basis and communicates of it that to go out deal round comes. Sno were attracted previous season Marco van Basten, but prevent in the plans of the new coach Martin dinghy. Rather FC Utrecht and Hertha BSC showed already interest for the oud-speler of young orange. Sno are no part of the game selection of Ajax for the duel with Heracles.

Translation of the translation(!);

We're in advanced negotiations with Ajax regarding Sno joining us. He was signed by a previous manager but does not feature in the new managers plans. There has been interest, beside ourselves, from FC Utrecht and Hertha BSC.

Although we should be cautious of judging on one {friendly} performance, Sno was absolutely outstanding in the pre-season game and looked a totally different class to anything we, or indeed they, had on the pitch.

On that {limited} evidence this would be a truly remarkable capture.

It would seem a strange position to try and strengthen with Skuse and Elliott there but Sno had lots of class in our friendly. I do wonder why he'd want to come here from Ajax or why they'd want to let him go.

I suppose if the club had received a £3-4m offer for Elliott they might try and line up Sno as a replacement before deciding on whether to take it.

I'd be a little wary of reading too much into one friendly as well. I think this one is unlikely personally.

It is certainly a strange one and would have been bottom of my list of positions to strengthen. But the more I think about it the more I can see some reason to it.

Firstly our midfield cover has been very patchy and we have three positions to cover. Secondly our cover for CB was a starter in midfield yesterday. And finally in searching for this story this-morning I found this:

Ajax manager Marco van Basten has opted to use the midfielder as a target man on more than one occasion and Utrecht manager Ton du Chatinier also wanted to use him as a striker.

Maybe this one signing can improve our options at the back, in midfield and up front?

It seems clear Ajax will let him go - and that their fans are happy to see the back of him.

But I'd be surprised if he didn't have several options open to him.

if we pull this off and possibly sign quincy lloyd Owsu we would have a genuine top 6 team and promotion would definitely not be out the question

I have been told that Quincy is signing and Pericard isn't, not stating this to be fact but from a reliable source who has had quite a few things correct over the past years.

To be honest i though there may have been a thread on here as obviously a few get the same info from the same people. Could be an interesting signing (if we do get him)

Translation;

BRISTOL - bristol City is with Ajax in far-reaching negotiation concerning Evander Sno. The club from the Championship wants take over the middenvelder on hiring basis and communicates of it that to go out deal round comes. Sno were attracted previous season Marco van Basten, but prevent in the plans of the new coach Martin dinghy. Rather FC Utrecht and Hertha BSC showed already interest for the oud-speler of young orange. Sno are no part of the game selection of Ajax for the duel with Heracles.

Love these translations - "Martin Dinghy" :rofl2br:

Jol is Dutch for "sailboat or yawl"

Archived