IGNORED

Evander Sno

ashbrisc11

Sno was AMAZING in the friendly against Ajax. Easily Prem quality.

I agree with this, he was sheer quality in that friendly

Come on though lads, lets be honest here, the chances of us getting him is.....well, laughable. Easily a prem player, teams like Hull, Stoke, Wolves, Brum, all would surely be sniffing around

I agree with this, he was sheer quality in that friendly

Come on though lads, lets be honest here, the chances of us getting him is.....well, laughable. Easily a prem player, teams like Hull, Stoke, Wolves, Brum, all would surely be sniffing around

Being linked with him in late August at least we have only a couple of days to find out :fingerscrossed:

http://www.sport1.nl/Voetbal/Nieuws/186754...n-bij-ajax.html

Translation;

Evander Sno leave of Ajax to United Kingdom. The telegraph communicates that bristol City takes over the Amsterdammer on hiring basis. Sno made City and Ajax in the preparation a good impression in the oefenwedstrijd between bristol.

No idea how reliable the source is but this tends to suggest the deal is actually done.

The guy is a beast as well. He must be 6ft 4" and built like a brick $h1thou$e (a large one at that). And yet he had a great touch and a good range of passing. Imagine a 3-5-2 midfield of him and Hartley with either Elliott or Skuse as the ball winner. The days of the better Championship teams coming down here and dominating possession for longish spells like yesterday would soon disappear.

This all seems too good to be true but if GJ pulls this off then he needs to be given some serious credit for managing to sell our club (which ain't exactly Ajax to be fair) to the bloke. Perhaps that standing ovation we gave him made him all emotional for a swift return!!

The guy is a beast as well. He must be 6ft 4" and built like a brick $h1thou$e (a large one at that). And yet he had a great touch and a good range of passing. Imagine a 3-5-2 midfield of him and Hartley with either Elliott or Skuse as the ball winner. The days of the better Championship teams coming down here and dominating possession for longish spells like yesterday would soon disappear.

This all seems too good to be true but if GJ pulls this off then he needs to be given some serious credit for managing to sell our club (which ain't exactly Ajax to be fair) to the bloke. Perhaps that standing ovation we gave him made him all emotional for a swift return!!

here bloody here. I can't quite believe it to be honest. Quality, absolute quality midfielder. When this season started I would of said Greening for WBA was the championships best midfielder, but now that he has gone and if Sno comes to us, he will no doubt be the best midfielder in this league. Like other posters have said, he could quite easily get into a bottom half prem team.

What a fantastic bit of transfer activity. Absolutely fantastic!!!!

GJ and co are confident that it'll go ahead before Tuesday, because we can't do a deal after that.

It's about 80% likely to go ahead I'd wager. My friend is an Ajax fan who lives in Holland and he believes it's a done deal.

BTW, I only just noticed the other thread, sorry guys!

Cheers mate. I'd like to think this signals exciting times ahead for Bristol City because it will certainly be a coup considering he is only 22, and has played for Celtic as well with Hartley they partnered each other in a central midfield pairing.

Just had this info off my Dutch mate when I asked what Sno was like:

Sno's a hard tackling midfielder who'll run all day but he lacks a bit of quality - I can't see him ever making the mark at Ajax with Enoh, De Zeeuw and Gabri all much better players. Celtic fans were delighted to ship him off to us, so he's not the best, but should be able to perform at a lower half Championship level.

The Dutch supporters are obviously well informed :winner_third_h4h:

He received a standing ovation when he was exchanged in Bristol, he was definitely playing well. England will serve him well lie I think Bristol is one of the better in the Championship is not bad for everyone

I discounted this on the elliott to wigan thread earlier, but the more I am seeing the more I think it might be happening. If Marv stays, and Sno signed, then those 2 plus Hartley would walk over any midfield in this league, and probably quite a few in the premier as well. I just hope that the rest of the squad are up to his quality. Sno was unbelievable in that friendly, he was up there with etoo when he came over with mallorca as 2 of the best players I have seen in 25 years at ag. Looks like that ovation he got might make him well disposed to us, and maybe hartley has had a word as well. come on city, get him in!

On 21 August 2008, it was announced that Sno would be re-joining Ajax, signing a 3 year contract at his former club. He was sent off in his debut match against Willem II Tilburg, although his red card was cleared by the KNVB. After just one season is suspended from the first team and will play for Jong Ajax.

Just got this off Wikipedia, seems a bit weird that he's suspended from the first team, anyone know what this is for?

Archived